Iron Man 3 (Movie Thread)-05/03/13 - New Trailer pg12 - Suits on Suits on Suits

^^He did state, in the beginning of the movie while conversing with Pepper, that the suit was in the "early stages" and still had a lot of kinks he needed to work out.

Furthermore, that was a big **** tractor trailer that was MOVING FAST, meaning it packed a punch. It isn't out of the realm of possibility for it to do damage especially when Stark couldn't brace for impact/didn't see it coming--quite literally.

Yea we get it was a prototype , but all the dam suits where so weak in the film, they got smashed so easily like they where Chinese knock offs , smh it was kind of childish , when in avengers he was knuckling up with THOR!! Wtf didn't make to much sense , at the end he jumped in like 5 different suits and killed them like Hondas to easily
And last why was the villain calling him self the mandarin??

On top of war machine being weak as all fucck , he didn't do a dam thing but chauffeur people around kind of point less , but for tht 3 hrs I was chaought in the movie magic just could've done better with the story and suits come Hollywood I wanted something epic!!! I guess if u count what they did with mandiran oh ****t , a junky actor lol

Saw the movie with my 9 year old (& his friend) this movie. Robert Downey Jr. saved the flick from being terrible. Movie was just meh. All the criticisms mentioned are on point. Scene after the credits wasn't worth staying after either...

In the cartoon he had like 5 "main suits". His do-all suit that he's always wearing, one for extreme temperatures, one for underwater, one for space etc. and then he had all those back-up suits...

The lines for this movie were longer then gas lines after a hurricane!

Wish I could go see it but I have yet to see the second one.

I also thought there were too many jokes. The third act should've been more tense. My expectations are low for Marvel movies though, so I still enjoyed it. I thought the Mandarin thing was hilarious and seemed actually plausible. I'm sure true fans won't like a major villain being turned to a joke though.

Didn't really understand why all the suits had to self-destruct. I understood he was getting rid of the "distractions" but those would be useful if aliens tried to invade Earth again lol.

I liked how important the events from the Avengers movie was - him freaking out, US gov not wanting superheroes to deal with national matters, Tony working overtime knowing he was probably the weak link in the group, etc.

The movie was definitely all over the place though. Not necessarily a bad thing but it was a little odd. The final action scene kind of sucked though, especially with Pepper obviously coming in to save the day. Still enjoyed it overall.

Thread is very underwhelming. Especially for the first blockbuster of the summer. 

Tony made 42 self destruct, one crashed into a container or obstruction, two were destroyed by soldiers and the rest were destroyed by JARVIS on Tony's command.

But I get what the guy is saying...no way should a soldier be able to destroy ANY of the suits especially if Tony was going POUND for POUND with Thor.

Movie ******g sucked. The Mandarin play was interesting somewhat. But you can't fake the Mandarin, he's Iron Man's main adversary. And apparently everybody can become Mallen and trash Tony's suits. :rolleyes

I still don't understand who in hollywood thinks that straying from general continuity in the books/TV will make for a better movies. If they would've had Stark get the **** beat outta him early and hit a hidden underground lab and make the extremis suit while everyone thought he was dead, that **** would've been :wow: :wow: :wow:

The only thing done right about this series is Robert Downey Jr. Everything else has been absolutely dreadful.

Man I think I'm just gonna catch the matinee at a regular theater. I was looking for forward to heading downtown and catching an IMAX 3d viewing.

Man I think I'm just gonna catch the matinee at a regular theater. I was looking for forward to heading downtown and catching an IMAX 3d viewing.
Normally I defend piracy but where is Hollywood to defend me and hard working Americans against studios who take advantage of us who pay to see these **** films and get duped?

Last edited:
I thought movie was solid. But then again, as long as I'm entertained, I'm happy. It was pretty long and they could have cut the last hour up a little bit. First one is by far the best. Other than that, very solid movie for a sequel.

Back
Top Bottom