Iron Man 3 (Movie Thread)-05/03/13 - New Trailer pg12 - Suits on Suits on Suits

[COLOR=#red]The kid will be in the next movie as a new Iron Man...foreshadowed by the get up that Starks gave him at the end of the movie.

No need for a spoiler alert....I never read a movie thread until AFTER I see it. I think dudes come in here looking to get mad, just waiting for someone to tell the plot.[/COLOR]

as a casual viewer and avoiding all trailers and reviews.......i enjoyed it a lot. very exciting and action packed

sad to see it disappointed true fans?

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]The kid will be in the next movie as a new Iron Man...foreshadowed by the get up that Starks gave him at the end of the movie.

No need for a spoiler alert....I never read a movie thread until AFTER I see it. I think dudes come in here looking to get mad, just waiting for someone to tell the plot.[/COLOR]

Doubt it, at the end of the movie he said "I AN IRONMAN" which leads me to think he did in fact inject himself with the Extremis serum....we just were not blessed with it in this film...which sucked...also only if the after credits introduced the GOTG I would have Ben much more pleased...something like him taking off in the deep space suit and linking up with one of the guardians or something like that....but that after credit scene was just as weak as the movie post Mandarin twist.

The one thing I read was the only thing that bugged me.... and he continued to posture me about it 
laugh.gif

I guess I did it to myself, but as I mentioned nearly a week ago, why would I think or expect people to post spoilers to a movie that hasn't released yet?

What bugged you?

Can someone tell me what happened after the credits I saw the bootleg?

He was talking to a "shrink".

After having a day to think about it, does anybody feel like it sort of had a Dark Knight Rises "feel" to how the story went? Just with a lot more slapstick involved.

Hell no.

A good feeling, especially how the hero's love interest kills the antagonist.
Movie was enjoyable just did not live up to the hype.

That's actually one of the things that made it bad for me.

Last edited:
So we don't need to put everything in the spoilers, right?

It's out in the US. So yea..

What's gonna happen with Tony now?.. extremis becomes a suit or something?

disappointed

the only thing good about it was the funny moments.

movie had so much potential, too.

the batman series has really spoiled me when it comes to expectations for superhero movies :smh:

What's gonna happen with Tony now?.. extremis becomes a suit or something?

If I understood the Wiki correctly, his suit is going to be like Wolverine's claws.

It will come out of his body, and the Extremis will heal it or something like that?

Anyone knows?

After having let it set in i enjoyed it more than the other two.

I kinda give them props for going in an unexpected direction

The bad guy goons were better than the chitauri, whiplash, stanes suit,

Imperfect movie but enjoyable.

Enjoyed it more than cap amer. And Thor

Last edited:
The twist was a little disappointing because they kind of ruined Iron Man's arch nemesis lol.. like... now I can't honestly expect him to be in the movies.
I still liked the movie, but it kinda ruined it a bit for me.

But from the looks of it Extremis Armor looks like the direction they are going, and that this movie serves as more as the introduction to the Extremis virus.

Mandarin is to Iron Man like
Green Goblin is to Spidey
And Red Skull is to Cap A
And Loki is to Thor. Lol.
Or so I thought anyway.

Any diehard fans know if Tony ever removes the arc reactor in his chest in the Comics?

Mini Spoiler...........

Very disappointed.
Could have been a really good movie if they used the Mandarin and A.I.M. Element they way they were suppose to ( could have had a " Dark Knite Rising " feel to it. ).
By itself it was still a little week, to many jokes , him getting saved at the end by......................:smh::smh::smh::smh:
I could have saw this one in my house and been just as satisfied, their was nothing about it said that it had to be watched it in movie theater or in 3D.
What a let down......
I'll wait for the cartoon to come back on.

Last edited:
My thoughts on the movie.

Pretty underwhelming movie. Good action. Too many jokes. They put more effort into Tony riffing with the little kid than developing a compelling villain. Marvel hit us with the okey doke. I was excited to see Mandarin on screen and it turned out to be a smoke screen. Major under utilization of Iron Man's main nemesis. They made him a gag. He wasn't even the villain of the movie, but a made up character to them. :smh:

Side note: I'm all for the empowerment of women and the damsel in distress is one of the most cliche parts of super hero stories, but Pepper making Tony's long drawn out battle look useless and saving him with a couple moves undermined that entire final scene.

I'm about to buy this series and try to forget that movie. I won't be buying the Blu-ray.

2e63b079_iron_man_cartoon1.jpeg

Last edited:
I feel like I'm 1 out of 5 people that enjoyed this movie :lol:

Enjoyed the storyline and everything. Solid 7-8 outta 10.

I HATED it. The movie was basically Bad Boys or your typical action shooter movie.
RDJ tries to solve a mystery himself, gets in over his head, gf gets kidnapped, tries to save her, shoot out. 90% of the movie was RDJ and 10% was Iron Man. The 10% we saw Iron Man, he didn't even do much. The Mandarin might as well not even have been a villain at all. Just absolutely terrible.

Spoiler !!!!!

Saw the movie it was action packed , a lot of parts stark wasn't in the suit ok had to prove stark was a hero with out the suit get it
-things I didn't get the extremis serum how was it functional in everyone but then some would blow up??
- like dude who happy was chasing handed the other guy a case and he inhaled something then blew up!! What was tht?
- suits and ironmans power was weak!! He was getting smashed left and right at the end and the suits seemed a dime a dozen , to easily expendable someone pointed out in avengers how he dropped from space and was ok true , im3 he was killing the suits left and right to easily
- why was the Vice President arrested at the end ?
- and he said he cured Potts in the end and removed his ARK!! Wtf tht suckd
BUT DAM KILLD THE MANDARIN COMPLETELY SAD
-BUT THE GUY DID SAY HE WAS THE MANDARIN AT THE END NO RINGS
AND WHAT VILIAN WAS HE THEN DID THEY MAKE HIM UP FOR IM3??

He easily went against Thor, the drones in the second movie, the aliens in Avengers but his armor couldn't handle a truck? 
mean.gif

^^He did state, in the beginning of the movie while conversing with Pepper, that the suit was in the "early stages" and still had a lot of kinks he needed to work out.

Furthermore, that was a big **** tractor trailer that was MOVING FAST, meaning it packed a punch. It isn't out of the realm of possibility for it to do damage especially when Stark couldn't brace for impact/didn't see it coming--quite literally.

Back
Top Bottom