Iron Man 3 (Movie Thread)-05/03/13 - New Trailer pg12 - Suits on Suits on Suits

If you've seen the movie or if you want to be upset...

I was really expecting Iron Man to take the Extremis virus. So much for that. :rolleyes I'm tired of Iron Man always having some wack *** ailment. IM1, they took his power source...so he was weak at the end. IM2...an overall disappointing film but he had diabetes or some **** most of the movie. IM3...he's stuck in Tennessee and having anxiety attacks. Like...is this man ever going to be in his suit and a damn beast for an extended period of time? Got damn. :lol: :smh:

Mandarin...what the actual ****? They completely blew that one...on purpose!? This is supposed to be his arch enemy and they make him a decoy joke? :rofl:

I'm pretty disappointed...and I love Iron Man. That being said, Avengers 2 will probably be the best movie ever.

All of those spoilers are fake. Relax.

The way the movie ended, there will not be an Iron Man 4 unless they recast Iron Man and go in a different direction.

yeah... I was like, did we even watch the same movie? :lol:

Last edited:
Without spoiling anything, how did the guy from 24 do? and did Don Cheadle do a better job as Rhodey this time around?

Well...

The guy from 24 was all right... Personally, Don Cheadle was less annoying this time around (which is a good thing). Still like T. Howard over him for the role of Rhodey.
Click if you dare... :lol: :tongue:

The way the movie ended, there will not be an Iron Man 4 unless they recast Iron Man and go in a different direction.
WTF?

The movie was an introduction for the Extremis. In the end he said something like: "There's one thing they can never take away from me... I'm Iron Man." What I understood from is that he will be one with "Iron Man". No more suits, etc. It will be in him thanks to the Extremis.

Plus in the end, there was a huge text that said:

"Iron Man will be back."

Last edited:
WTF?

The movie was an introduction for the Extremis. In the end he said something like: "There's one thing they can never take away from me... I'm Iron Man." What I understood from is that he will be one with "Iron Man". No more suits, etc. It will be in him thanks to the Extremis.

Plus in the end, there was a huge text that said:

"Iron Man will be back."
I read the plot. That's what I interpreted so excuse me. Other spoilers in this thread have leaned toward that as well. Anyway he's going to be recast at some point anyway. Avengers 2 is his last contractually obligated film and he's becoming too expensive.

Ima make this quick and try to avoid any spoilers......Seen the movie yesterday

Excellent effects and gadgets
Horrible portrayal of the villain (I was lost cause this isnt what I remembered from the comics)
Loved the Avengers tie ins.....thought they was just gonna make another movie like the previous Avengers movie never happened
War Machine is a joke in these films
Locations and props used (Houses, Cars, Gadgets) was :smokin
The Post Credits was let down everybody was like :smh: (dont stay to watch it trust me)

Over all this movie is another let down.....Nolan set the bar for super hero films and goin back and looking at all the Marvel films they all fall short! Sad cause im a huge fan of Marvel! The Avengers was pretty nice and Thor was decent I cant front but they need to stray away from "kids film" feel and get deep! Majority of the Marvel fan base is older now

Did anyone see Stan Lee? :nerd:

Last edited:
So yeah, in case no one realized yet, I was completely joking/messing around with some of y'all in my earlier spoiler reveal. Dudes be wayyy too uptight sometimes...:lol:

OK now about the Mandarin (this is real spoiler--please don't click and whine like a child if you don't want the movie to be spoiled)

As some of you have already said, they completely blew that one. Like straight out of left field and out of the park. To be honest, I wasn't too disappointed because the comedy of the entire thing mitigated the disappointment for me...:lol:

I really thought this was what was going to happen:

(a) Madarin (Kingsley) is revealed to be a fraud ---> (b) Aldrich (G.Pierce) reveals himself to be the Mandarin, as he does in the end ---> fast forward to after Aldrich has been killed and Kingsley has been arrested...

(c) A new cut is revealed after the credits have rolled (in prime Marvel fashion), showing Kingsley sitting in dark jail. He sitting there calmly, starring off into the darkness of his cell. All of sudden we hear gunshots and explosions. The din of violence, and of innocent men been murdered draws closer. Then silence, suddenly.

[Camera shot of Kingsley face, with eyes apparently closed, showing the entrance of his cell behind him]

Boom!!! Explosion. The heavy metal door that serves as the entrance to the cell falls flat (inside the cell). Camera shows Kingsley with his eyes still closed, seemingly unaware of all that is happening. Through the dust, smoke, and particle debris, a man followed by others (all wearing military type fatigues and carry military style weapons) steps through the gateway. He slowly walks to Kingsley, who still remains unaffected by the recent series of events while maintaining his place on the dirt floor.

The man kneels down, to Kingsley's level.

Kingsley, with eyes still closed, asks in a commanding voice: "Did you find it"?

The man subserviently replies, "Yes!", then pulls out an rustic looking case bounded by hackneyed looking fabric with imperceptible script etched on it.

He gives it to Kingsley, who has finally opened his eyes.

[Camera focused on Kingsley's face, as he looks down on the case--which is not in the frame].

Kingsley opens the case [Camera still focused only on his face], and glimmering shimmers of light emanate from the case. The light dances about his facial features, revealing the contorted smile of a shrewd and depraved man.

Camera shifts back to the kneeling henchman, who too expresses a certain joy; though his is cautionary, and betrays the fear that is really playing out in his heart.

He whispers: "The Mandarin lives..."

Screen goes black.

If that was too dramatic for you, here's the boring and truncated version: after everything, Kingsley is revealed to be the real Mandarin, and everything we witnessed in the movie was a highly orchestrated charade concocted by him with the sole purposes of facilitating his attainment of the mysterious casing that is delivered to him by the henchman. What's in the casing? We could've have found out in IM4 or Avengers 2.

Like that's what I thought would legitimately happen, on some "the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist" type steez. This is the Mandarin, after all. Instead they really just made a mockery of the character. A mockery of Iron Man's greatest foe...

:smh:

Last edited:
Without spoiling anything, how did the guy from 24 do? and did Don Cheadle do a better job as Rhodey this time around?
Well...
The guy from 24 was all right... Personally, Don Cheadle was less annoying this time around (which is a good thing). Still like T. Howard over him for the role of Rhodey.
Click if you dare...
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
Challenge not accepted....

I'm sorry man but i never liked the director from the jump. IM3 had soooooooo much freaking potential man. It should be without a doubt the greatet superhero film to date but after watching, it just wasn't WOW. Still my favorite IM film but the trailers made it seem like major **** was gonna get real and it kinda didnt

saw the chinese showing today, if anyone goes into this movie expecting it to be better than avengers it will turn out to be a huge let down

^But...the Avengers wasn't that great in the first place. :x

i didnt like how he was able to fight off an army of aliens and take hits from thors hammer in avengers in his old suit but every one of his new suits were made of paper and got ripped apart by people who had a little bit of their brain stimulated

The Avengers was :smokin

Tho it had some low points I thought it was gonna end up like them XMen movies or Spider Man 3

The way they brought all the actors characters and worlds together was :smokin

From the previews I thought Iron Man 3 was gonna be that deal :smh:

i didnt like how he was able to fight off an army of aliens and take hits from thors hammer in avengers in his old suit but every one of his new suits were made of paper and got ripped apart by people who had a little bit of their brain stimulated
This. 

This. 
also didnt like how they didnt show what each suit was able to do, after all that info on each suit we got before the movie i didnt expect all the suits to just be flying around getting ripped in half

Movie was pretty good. but lets be real this is Tony Stark 1 not Iron Man 3.

And what they did with mandarin was just :smh:

Was hoping in the end credits scene we would see MODOK being that we saw AIM threw out the whole damn film.

Last edited:
I'm sorry man but i never liked the director from the jump. IM3 had soooooooo much freaking potential man. It should be without a doubt the greatet superhero film to date

that will be man of steel come june

Back
Top Bottom