is drinking every weekend considered binge drinking or alcoholism?

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

If you drink slowe you wont black out, at least in my experiene its not about the amount but the rate

i think this is true cause i know most times i blacked out i was rushin to finish the bottle

Originally Posted by Gmills23

No, its called being an American.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i too drink heavy during social events... i doubt this is considered alcoholism 
drink a glass of wine or maybe a couple of beers by myself every so often.. 

i too drink heavy during social events... i doubt this is considered alcoholism 
drink a glass of wine or maybe a couple of beers by myself every so often.. 

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by IamMD

I drink just about every other weekend because on the weekends I have my daughter, I engage in no drinking.

The thing is, I don't think I would even drink that much if I could figure out other social activities to do!  How else do you meet birds?

Hot yoga. Just trust me.

word?

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by IamMD

I drink just about every other weekend because on the weekends I have my daughter, I engage in no drinking.

The thing is, I don't think I would even drink that much if I could figure out other social activities to do!  How else do you meet birds?

Hot yoga. Just trust me.

word?

How drunk do you get on the weekends? Are we talking throwup/blackout drunk? Or a few paced drinks and a good buzz? If it's the latter, then you are okay. If not, then it's probably not a good thing.

How drunk do you get on the weekends? Are we talking throwup/blackout drunk? Or a few paced drinks and a good buzz? If it's the latter, then you are okay. If not, then it's probably not a good thing.

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

It's called being in college.

or just in your late teens-early to mid 20s.
i think there is no problem with it, until it starts getting in the way of your responsibilities...

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

It's called being in college.

or just in your late teens-early to mid 20s.
i think there is no problem with it, until it starts getting in the way of your responsibilities...

Having more than 7 drinks a week labels one an alcoholic. Technically I am one myself by that standard so. But I don't need alcohol to function and take certain weeks off where I don't have anything.

Having more than 7 drinks a week labels one an alcoholic. Technically I am one myself by that standard so. But I don't need alcohol to function and take certain weeks off where I don't have anything.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

i drink alot and i doubt i'll ever stop.  what's the point? i'm not blacking out all the time. i handle everything i need to.  it's how i choose to kick it. 

call it what you want, it seems pretty normal to me considering almost everyone i know is the same way.

my buddies and i feel the same way. i'll stop getting drunk when i have kids, but until then, why the !$%% not?

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

i drink alot and i doubt i'll ever stop.  what's the point? i'm not blacking out all the time. i handle everything i need to.  it's how i choose to kick it. 

call it what you want, it seems pretty normal to me considering almost everyone i know is the same way.

my buddies and i feel the same way. i'll stop getting drunk when i have kids, but until then, why the !$%% not?

Back
Top Bottom