Is it right to raise a child into your religion? Thoughts?

your an %@#%@++ dude.

regardless of your own beliefs you can't go around and demean other people's belief. childish and laughable is offensive.

yes I will raise my kids into religion. You pass on your morals values etc to your kids and religion is one of them.

during adolescence when your thinking on your own your kid can then make their own decision on there thoughts on religion.

Maybe i'm not reading it right, but your religion, your children, why wouldn't you put them together? how could you not? I grew up in the church, though i'm agnostic now, i want my kid growing up in church too. Seems like any chick i wife  is destined to be a devout christian.  I will never curb my own thoughts to the child.

Maybe i'm not reading it right, but your religion, your children, why wouldn't you put them together? how could you not? I grew up in the church, though i'm agnostic now, i want my kid growing up in church too. Seems like any chick i wife  is destined to be a devout christian.  I will never curb my own thoughts to the child.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

How does this destiny work?  Why would you be destined to wife someone?  You do realize that is a choice, right?

How does this destiny work?  Why would you be destined to wife someone?  You do realize that is a choice, right?

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

My kids used to be religious but I killed that quick. I told em "pray to God and ask him for me not to beat them tonight & you'll know if God is real" That night I got hella drunk and beat the !%$% out of them. Now if I ask em is God real they know the answer.

I chuckled
roll.gif

My kids used to be religious but I killed that quick. I told em "pray to God and ask him for me not to beat them tonight & you'll know if God is real" That night I got hella drunk and beat the !%$% out of them. Now if I ask em is God real they know the answer.

I chuckled
roll.gif

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I'm going to have every religious scripture known to man accessible to my children and I will let them formulate their own opinions. Chances are this approach will either turn them into Atheists or strict Agnostics like I am.
This is the best way to actually create an Atheist. Once your kid is at an age of some sort of reason he\she will understand all of that stuff is bollocks.  I was leery of god before I was of leery of Santa. 
perhaps but he might also see the common ideology/morals in all the faiths and combine them into his own values, which are gonna be balanced and well-rounded. Ima go with anton's approach on this. 

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I'm going to have every religious scripture known to man accessible to my children and I will let them formulate their own opinions. Chances are this approach will either turn them into Atheists or strict Agnostics like I am.
This is the best way to actually create an Atheist. Once your kid is at an age of some sort of reason he\she will understand all of that stuff is bollocks.  I was leery of god before I was of leery of Santa. 
perhaps but he might also see the common ideology/morals in all the faiths and combine them into his own values, which are gonna be balanced and well-rounded. Ima go with anton's approach on this. 

Maybe that was the wrong word, but based on experience, any serious relationship i've been in, she tends to be deeply rooted in the church.  I don't go looking for one, it just works out that way.

Maybe that was the wrong word, but based on experience, any serious relationship i've been in, she tends to be deeply rooted in the church.  I don't go looking for one, it just works out that way.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom