Is it time to break up the Celtics?

How would one go about doing that?

Exactly.
laugh.gif

Even if they wanted to, it's not really possible.

w6trf7.jpg

Originally Posted by JD617

Nothing is gonna get blown up this summer. The summer of 2012 is when the rebuilding process begins.

Yep, we can't do it now. I just hope that we can get some guys to bring some energy to the team for next year.    

Nothing is gonna get blown up this summer. The summer of 2012 is when the rebuilding process begins.

Yep, we can't do it now. I just hope that we can get some guys to bring some energy to the team for next year.    

Exactly.
laugh.gif

The only real movable piece I see is Ray. For a championship level team that needs a knock down shooter. He's got a few years left in him.

Exactly.
laugh.gif

The only real movable piece I see is Ray. For a championship level team that needs a knock down shooter. He's got a few years left in him.

No one is gonna trade for those old dinosaurs. Rondo is untouchable. They really can't do anything other than maybe a few small trades with the scrubs and MLE.

The team can't be left as is though. I guess they will just wait for the team to die and try to sign some free agents in 2012.

No one is gonna trade for those old dinosaurs. Rondo is untouchable. They really can't do anything other than maybe a few small trades with the scrubs and MLE.

The team can't be left as is though. I guess they will just wait for the team to die and try to sign some free agents in 2012.

Pierce will retire a Celtic.
KG, not so sure about
Ray Allen will end up being traded or sign somewhere, he can still shoot, so he's good to go.
aside from Rondo, Baby and Green, i don't think anyone else is safe.

Pierce will retire a Celtic.
KG, not so sure about
Ray Allen will end up being traded or sign somewhere, he can still shoot, so he's good to go.
aside from Rondo, Baby and Green, i don't think anyone else is safe.

Baby sounded like he was ready to go after he heard bout Doc wanting to return
laugh.gif

Baby sounded like he was ready to go after he heard bout Doc wanting to return
laugh.gif

I think they could get away with keeping the big 4 as their core group... But they need younger players to surround them.

I think they could get away with keeping the big 4 as their core group... But they need younger players to surround them.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Would hate to see the Celtics suffer through the "re-loading" years just to stay afloat. Word to the Spurs.
Why?  Have nothing against them but it's good to see new teams winning now...
The Celtics staying afloat would still prevent a up and coming team from making the playoffs. Shoot, they might prevent the Cavs again from winning it all. 
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Would hate to see the Celtics suffer through the "re-loading" years just to stay afloat. Word to the Spurs.
Why?  Have nothing against them but it's good to see new teams winning now...
The Celtics staying afloat would still prevent a up and coming team from making the playoffs. Shoot, they might prevent the Cavs again from winning it all. 
tongue.gif

the breakup has already started with the perk trade..... ainge moving the pieces that have value for value in return. nobody on the team is untouchable if the right offer comes up.... not even rondo is safe. but ray allen is the most likely piece that can be moved.

the breakup has already started with the perk trade..... ainge moving the pieces that have value for value in return. nobody on the team is untouchable if the right offer comes up.... not even rondo is safe. but ray allen is the most likely piece that can be moved.

Yes they should start getting moved. Although, all they really need is a serviceable big man to play center and they have one more year in them. But I would start trying to get young talent because the process was already started when they got green. If they don't get a big man in free agency then they might as well blow up the team because they will be eliminated early in the playoffs. There are better teams in the east now

Yes they should start getting moved. Although, all they really need is a serviceable big man to play center and they have one more year in them. But I would start trying to get young talent because the process was already started when they got green. If they don't get a big man in free agency then they might as well blow up the team because they will be eliminated early in the playoffs. There are better teams in the east now

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

They still have another year left in them imo, they just need a younger more reliable bench.

Shaq/JO are irrelevant anyways, both non contributers.

Co-signing this..

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

They still have another year left in them imo, they just need a younger more reliable bench.

Shaq/JO are irrelevant anyways, both non contributers.

Co-signing this..

Back
Top Bottom