Is it time to break up the Celtics?

Originally Posted by Airnest

I hope I don't get stoned for suggesting a Rondo for Westbrook trade.

Rondo is the better defender, playmaker but Westbrook is the better scorer and gets to the line.
I wouldn't even suggest this if Rondo had developed a consistent J and free throw shooting by now.

Rondo would help OKC, being the better playmaker setting up Durant, Ibaka, Harden and the rest of the team and he's also an excellent defender. Imagine Rondo running the break for OKC. OKC would get 2/5 of the C's starting 5 that won the chip in '08.

Westbrook would help BOS by having a PG that can shoot the ball well from outside, penetrate get to the line. He's also athletic so he just needs to be a better defender and playmaker which I think he'll learn once he becomes a Celtic. He can carry the offensive load, when the offense slows down or the Big 3 is setting on the bench. Westbrook is almost as good as Rose is already, Westbrook playing with the C's might just close the gap between the two.

And if by some remote chance Dwight would become a Celtic in the future, a D12/Westbrook combo would be better than a D12/Rondo combo IMO.
I'm OKC, NO WAY I do that. Yes, Rondo is infinitely a better playmaker and would put the ball on time, on target for KD/Harden when they are open, but his inability to shoot/score would negate that advantage. And furthermore, I'm not sure he is a better defender than Westbrook (not even getting into their head 2 head matchups where Russ owned him). Russ is a 2nd option/1b type option for us. Teams trap and double and junk defense KD enough already. Imagine if we had Rondo's non shooting $%!. I mean, I'm not sure any other nba guard gets defended so disrespectfully. Kats go under the screen even as close as the ft line and he doesn't even look at the rim. Plus, how do you shoot 50% from the ft line as a guard unless you're TruthGetsBusy.

And yes, the Celts need to break it up and get some youth. But looking at contracts, I don't know how. Maybe somebody wants those massive expirers.

This is where the NBA screwed up: how you gonna have a dude that retired still count against the cap? Dude shouldn't even be getting paid, but fine if he's gonna, have that be something on the side. The cap should only reflect players in uniform and those that have been waived.

This is where the NBA screwed up: how you gonna have a dude that retired still count against the cap? Dude shouldn't even be getting paid, but fine if he's gonna, have that be something on the side. The cap should only reflect players in uniform and those that have been waived.

^^ Agreed, its been a great run but time to hang em up big man

And cant believe Sheed is getting paid to chill by the pool.......good stuff my man

^^ Agreed, its been a great run but time to hang em up big man

And cant believe Sheed is getting paid to chill by the pool.......good stuff my man

No...Just move around a few pieces and they will be alright. Jeff Green is underrated he will make a big difference next year.

No...Just move around a few pieces and they will be alright. Jeff Green is underrated he will make a big difference next year.

Originally Posted by wiseman299

laugh.gif

It's time, but it probably won't be done.

The only way to rebuild this team now is to trade the Big 3 to a team that needs cap relief.

It's time, but it probably won't be done.

The only way to rebuild this team now is to trade the Big 3 to a team that needs cap relief.

I think so. At the least, you have to improve (and get younger) everywhere minus the Big 3. I don't know who or how.

Just off top, you can EASILY get Nate Robinson back. Reportedly, they intend to extend a QO to Jeff Green, but I just don't think he is a bench player. If you are going to bring him off the bench, just don't have him IMO but I'm biased because I watched and liked him down here in OKC. He was handcuffed in Boston. If you do keep him, I think I shop Ray Allen and start Pierce at the 2.

The Timberwolves are said to be shopping their #2 for a draft pick, and it makes sense since the best available player will be at a position they have covered unless they want to move Love to 5 and go Beasley, Williams, Love, which I just don't like. I doubt they draft another PG. They should also trade Rubio's rights before scouts do some research and see he's putting up 6 and 3 over in his league on 30something %.

OJ Mayo or Rudy Gay might be available.

I think so. At the least, you have to improve (and get younger) everywhere minus the Big 3. I don't know who or how.

Just off top, you can EASILY get Nate Robinson back. Reportedly, they intend to extend a QO to Jeff Green, but I just don't think he is a bench player. If you are going to bring him off the bench, just don't have him IMO but I'm biased because I watched and liked him down here in OKC. He was handcuffed in Boston. If you do keep him, I think I shop Ray Allen and start Pierce at the 2.

The Timberwolves are said to be shopping their #2 for a draft pick, and it makes sense since the best available player will be at a position they have covered unless they want to move Love to 5 and go Beasley, Williams, Love, which I just don't like. I doubt they draft another PG. They should also trade Rubio's rights before scouts do some research and see he's putting up 6 and 3 over in his league on 30something %.

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

What are you talking about?

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

What are you talking about?

The Celtics should try to get the #2 pick from Minnesota for something involving Ray Allen to get younger. Then kind of went off topic to point out Rubio sucks. And/or, the Celtics should talk to Memphis to see if Mayo or Gay can be had.

The Celtics should try to get the #2 pick from Minnesota for something involving Ray Allen to get younger. Then kind of went off topic to point out Rubio sucks. And/or, the Celtics should talk to Memphis to see if Mayo or Gay can be had.

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

I honestly thought they were cooked after last year and admitted I was wrong for thinking that during the reg season...but then the playoffs started and I remembered why I thought they were cooked in the first place so yes they should be blown up because they are not winning a chip with this core ever again.

Yup. That window of opportunity closed. 

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

I honestly thought they were cooked after last year and admitted I was wrong for thinking that during the reg season...but then the playoffs started and I remembered why I thought they were cooked in the first place so yes they should be blown up because they are not winning a chip with this core ever again.

Yup. That window of opportunity closed. 

Back
Top Bottom