Is it time to break up the Celtics?

i wouldnt. im pretty sure doc resigned knowing they will get another crack at it. they had a very solid reg season before the trade and shaq injury. they played the heat tough and was in it but couldnt close out in the 4th quarters and this was with an injured rondo, no bench, and bigs. got to get younger...watch them sign mcgrady, lol.

i wouldnt. im pretty sure doc resigned knowing they will get another crack at it. they had a very solid reg season before the trade and shaq injury. they played the heat tough and was in it but couldnt close out in the 4th quarters and this was with an injured rondo, no bench, and bigs. got to get younger...watch them sign mcgrady, lol.

Pierce is still a threat, IMO. KG can be effective if he is limited to like 30 MPG in the reg. season but I dont see that happening. Whats the difference between getting in at the 3 and getting in at the 6? Still have to face Miami/Chicago.. Ray is just there to be clutch, knock down threes, and bring leadership.

Sheed's contract is killing us.. might as well try and coax him back to play garbage minutes if they have to pay him anyway..
laugh.gif

JO was the worst signing i've ever seen and I said this at the time, not starting now. Why on god's green earth do you give the full midlevel to a guy with rubber bands for knee ligaments?

Shaq is a non-factor either way. Contract is for the vet. min. If he pans out, then great. If not, whatever. Not hurting the cap really.

Its actually kind of a blessing in disguise Perk didnt sign that extension, because they'd be up against the cap with the starting 5 alone. Worse shape than the Heat.

Pierce is still a threat, IMO. KG can be effective if he is limited to like 30 MPG in the reg. season but I dont see that happening. Whats the difference between getting in at the 3 and getting in at the 6? Still have to face Miami/Chicago.. Ray is just there to be clutch, knock down threes, and bring leadership.

Sheed's contract is killing us.. might as well try and coax him back to play garbage minutes if they have to pay him anyway..
laugh.gif

JO was the worst signing i've ever seen and I said this at the time, not starting now. Why on god's green earth do you give the full midlevel to a guy with rubber bands for knee ligaments?

Shaq is a non-factor either way. Contract is for the vet. min. If he pans out, then great. If not, whatever. Not hurting the cap really.

Its actually kind of a blessing in disguise Perk didnt sign that extension, because they'd be up against the cap with the starting 5 alone. Worse shape than the Heat.

The hell with that, fat baby is gone. Doc doesn't like his work ethic, and sloppy baby doesn't like Doc singling him out.

The hell with that, fat baby is gone. Doc doesn't like his work ethic, and sloppy baby doesn't like Doc singling him out.

I hope I don't get stoned for suggesting a Rondo for Westbrook trade.

Rondo is the better defender, playmaker but Westbrook is the better scorer and gets to the line.
I wouldn't even suggest this if Rondo had developed a consistent J and free throw shooting by now.

Rondo would help OKC, being the better playmaker setting up Durant, Ibaka, Harden and the rest of the team and he's also an excellent defender. Imagine Rondo running the break for OKC. OKC would get 2/5 of the C's starting 5 that won the chip in '08.

Westbrook would help BOS by having a PG that can shoot the ball well from outside, penetrate get to the line. He's also athletic so he just needs to be a better defender and playmaker which I think he'll learn once he becomes a Celtic. He can carry the offensive load, when the offense slows down or the Big 3 is setting on the bench. Westbrook is almost as good as Rose is already, Westbrook playing with the C's might just close the gap between the two.

And if by some remote chance Dwight would become a Celtic in the future, a D12/Westbrook combo would be better than a D12/Rondo combo IMO.

Rondo is the better defender, playmaker but Westbrook is the better scorer and gets to the line.
I wouldn't even suggest this if Rondo had developed a consistent J and free throw shooting by now.

Rondo would help OKC, being the better playmaker setting up Durant, Ibaka, Harden and the rest of the team and he's also an excellent defender. Imagine Rondo running the break for OKC. OKC would get 2/5 of the C's starting 5 that won the chip in '08.

Westbrook would help BOS by having a PG that can shoot the ball well from outside, penetrate get to the line. He's also athletic so he just needs to be a better defender and playmaker which I think he'll learn once he becomes a Celtic. He can carry the offensive load, when the offense slows down or the Big 3 is setting on the bench. Westbrook is almost as good as Rose is already, Westbrook playing with the C's might just close the gap between the two.

And if by some remote chance Dwight would become a Celtic in the future, a D12/Westbrook combo would be better than a D12/Rondo combo IMO.

I wonder if the Celtics are still salty they didn't get the 1st/2nd pic in the 2007 draft? They got KG, Ray, and a championship from it but I wonder if they would have traded that in for Kevin Durant and a bright future

I wonder if the Celtics are still salty they didn't get the 1st/2nd pic in the 2007 draft? They got KG, Ray, and a championship from it but I wonder if they would have traded that in for Kevin Durant and a bright future

They need a younger center...just don't know where they're gonna find one. Signing the O'Neals was a bad move considering their injury history. You get what you pay for. If they were gonna go the veteran route, they should have signed Kurt Thomas

They need a younger center...just don't know where they're gonna find one. Signing the O'Neals was a bad move considering their injury history. You get what you pay for. If they were gonna go the veteran route, they should have signed Kurt Thomas

Originally Posted by Airnest

*throws stone*

doesnt make any sense for OKC, after Durant, whos gonna score?

and at this point i would take westbrook over rondo.

rondo inability to score consistently doesnt hurt the celtics that much now with PP, Jesus and KG. hes a 4th option.

Howard isnt going to the Celtics.

*throws stone*

doesnt make any sense for OKC, after Durant, whos gonna score?

and at this point i would take westbrook over rondo.

rondo inability to score consistently doesnt hurt the celtics that much now with PP, Jesus and KG. hes a 4th option.

Howard isnt going to the Celtics.

No its not time to break them. That Kendrick Perkins trade really ruined them. They need a tough Center to replace him and they'll be fine.

No its not time to break them. That Kendrick Perkins trade really ruined them. They need a tough Center to replace him and they'll be fine.

I'm OKC, NO WAY I do that. Yes, Rondo is infinitely a better playmaker and would put the ball on time, on target for KD/Harden when they are open, but his inability to shoot/score would negate that advantage. And furthermore, I'm not sure he is a better defender than Westbrook (not even getting into their head 2 head matchups where Russ owned him). Russ is a 2nd option/1b type option for us. Teams trap and double and junk defense KD enough already. Imagine if we had Rondo's non shooting $%!. I mean, I'm not sure any other nba guard gets defended so disrespectfully. Kats go under the screen even as close as the ft line and he doesn't even look at the rim. Plus, how do you shoot 50% from the ft line as a guard unless you're TruthGetsBusy.

And yes, the Celts need to break it up and get some youth. But looking at contracts, I don't know how. Maybe somebody wants those massive expirers.

Back
Top Bottom