Is it time to break up the Celtics?

Originally Posted by isu42

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

I think so. At the least, you have to improve (and get younger) everywhere minus the Big 3. I don't know who or how.

Just off top, you can EASILY get Nate Robinson back. Reportedly, they intend to extend a QO to Jeff Green, but I just don't think he is a bench player. If you are going to bring him off the bench, just don't have him IMO but I'm biased because I watched and liked him down here in OKC. He was handcuffed in Boston. If you do keep him, I think I shop Ray Allen and start Pierce at the 2.

The Timberwolves are said to be shopping their #2 for a draft pick, and it makes sense since the best available player will be at a position they have covered unless they want to move Love to 5 and go Beasley, Williams, Love, which I just don't like. I doubt they draft another PG. They should also trade Rubio's rights before scouts do some research and see he's putting up 6 and 3 over in his league on 30something %.

OJ Mayo or Rudy Gay might be available.
What are you talking about?

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by isu42

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

I think so. At the least, you have to improve (and get younger) everywhere minus the Big 3. I don't know who or how.

Just off top, you can EASILY get Nate Robinson back. Reportedly, they intend to extend a QO to Jeff Green, but I just don't think he is a bench player. If you are going to bring him off the bench, just don't have him IMO but I'm biased because I watched and liked him down here in OKC. He was handcuffed in Boston. If you do keep him, I think I shop Ray Allen and start Pierce at the 2.

The Timberwolves are said to be shopping their #2 for a draft pick, and it makes sense since the best available player will be at a position they have covered unless they want to move Love to 5 and go Beasley, Williams, Love, which I just don't like. I doubt they draft another PG. They should also trade Rubio's rights before scouts do some research and see he's putting up 6 and 3 over in his league on 30something %.

OJ Mayo or Rudy Gay might be available.
What are you talking about?

laugh.gif

Not necessarily to break them up... But I think this year is the year to start making moves to at least help in the transition to help when the big three retire. Dont necessarily break them up, but start getting the supporting pieces in place (aka what the Spurs do).

Just my two cents.

Not necessarily to break them up... But I think this year is the year to start making moves to at least help in the transition to help when the big three retire. Dont necessarily break them up, but start getting the supporting pieces in place (aka what the Spurs do).

Just my two cents.

Not unless they have a surefire plan. Eek out all the revenue you can from this HOF group while you develop a plan of attack that will pay real dividends instead of panicking.

Not unless they have a surefire plan. Eek out all the revenue you can from this HOF group while you develop a plan of attack that will pay real dividends instead of panicking.

No.. But they have 1 last year left in the tank..

Should have never traded Perkins though.. With Nate & Perkins on the bench it gave a lot more leeway for KG,PP, Ray..

The biggest issue is surrounding the older guys with pieces that can give them significant and serviceable minutes

No.. But they have 1 last year left in the tank..

Should have never traded Perkins though.. With Nate & Perkins on the bench it gave a lot more leeway for KG,PP, Ray..

The biggest issue is surrounding the older guys with pieces that can give them significant and serviceable minutes

^ Ainge wanted Perk back but Perk wanted a crazy amount of money, and Danny wasn't going to agree to his terms, when the Celtics had a very good record without him playing half of the season.

Why do people keep sayin' "Shop Ray Allen"?! The guy is the best shooter in the world, regardless of age. Allen is going to retire a Celtic.

^ Ainge wanted Perk back but Perk wanted a crazy amount of money, and Danny wasn't going to agree to his terms, when the Celtics had a very good record without him playing half of the season.

Why do people keep sayin' "Shop Ray Allen"?! The guy is the best shooter in the world, regardless of age. Allen is going to retire a Celtic.

Back
Top Bottom