Is it true that the midsoles on recent retros will not crumble?

I've been out of the sneaker world for a long while. I was talking to a friend recently, and he was saying one of the best things about retros from like 2013 and up is that the midsoles for the 2-9's will not crumble. Like the 1's and 11's etc.

Is there truth to this? I had no clue, so I didn't argue it either way.

3 years isn't long enough for soles to crumble. some people got 99+ retros that they still wear today.

I guess my question is, is the midsole on a IV released in 2016 made from the same material that a 1999 IV is made from?

It would be great if I could pull outa pair of 2016 WC 4's in like 15 years, and all it will need is maybe a reglue :D

Older midsoles contained ployurethane which cracked nore... they been using phylon for year now.

Interesting to know and just wish they would release more OG's that haven't been retro'd, since I'd much rather grab a new pair then try to track down an OG and then still have to pay to have them restored, reglued, etc.. they are slowly leaking some of them out, but would prefer more of them and less of these new wild cw's..

Interesting to know and just wish they would release more OG's that haven't been retro'd, since I'd much rather grab a new pair then try to track down an OG and then still have to pay to have them restored, reglued, etc.. they are slowly leaking some of them out, but would prefer more of them and less of these new wild cw's..
JB is thinking about longevity. Before 2015, JB released many OGs of certain models in 1 year (5 OG 1s in 2013, 3 OG 3s in 2011, 4 pairs of OG 4s in 2012, 4 OG 6s in 2014.) Now with the remaster, they are spreading them out and keeping us wanting and waiting (only 2 OG 7s last year, 2 OG 1 last year, and starting with thw maroon 6s, now 1 OG colorway of 3-6 each year). It's a smart move on their part

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom