IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

As you're entitled to yours, who cares if he wanted to slap j kids wife/ex wife ?
Didn't u get emotional when Jordan's alleged domestic violence issues were mentioned, so why turn around and do the same thing?
You're all over the placed now dog, give it up.
???

You guys are comical, and this proves that you read too much into stuff. 

I love it when someone will qualify their oncoming statement with a blatant lie. It reeks of skulduggery, such a dishonest move, cowardly even.

What are you so afraid of?!

Look, knowing the history of this forum and how Laker and Kobe fans operate on this site, many do not even want this sort of discussion to occur. It's obviously a problem, due to some even asking why is this thread active, and then why isn't this thread locked? You even have some asking why this thread has so many pages?

:lol:

Many of the fans can't wait to tell someone, if you don't like how things are being run around here, why don't you leave?

Sounds like the right wing republicans when they tell people who disagree with their proposed policies, well if you don't like America, then leave!

My goal definitely was not to come off as dishonest or cowardly. Like I said, I didn't tally up your posts and compute the percentage of posts where you quote another member and only remark that their comments should have gotten them banned. I didn't carefully read every single post in the thread. Let's just say you've done it enough times where by just skimming the thread, as I've done, I've noticed it multiple times. Would that be more fair? I mean, I can quote at least 3 or 4 such remarks from the last couple of pages.

I'm not afraid of anything, and I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Well, people might very well leave America if they didn't think that it had some other redeeming qualities. Democrats stay in America because for all of the negative things that Republicans are responsible for, America is (for whatever reason) still a better option for them than other countries.

What are the redeeming qualities of this thread? What makes this thread so important or desirable to you that even though you hate the way it's managed by the mods and are clearly upset about most of the responses in it you decide to stay in it? What useful things have you learned about Kobe that you didn't know before entering this thread?

What are you gaining by posting in this thread?

If Kobe Bryant is still the topic of heavy debate after 17 seasons and at the age he is right now...
I dont think he's overrated at all. But hey thats just my opinion.

What are you gaining by posting in this thread?
There's the other tactic that's used.

I gain what it is that I want to gain. I don't see why that's any of your concern.

Either you choose to participate, or you don't.

Kobe Bryant is overrated.

30,000 points ...he earned each and every one of them too
smokin.gif
Yup, he did do that.

Threw many coaches and teammates under the bus along the way as well.

One helluva legacy. It's going to make a great read when the unauthorized book comes about.

Maybe at page 50 you guys agree to disagree...or do you want to go for that 100 :lol:

Yup, he did do that.

Threw many coaches and teammates under the bus along the way as well.

One helluva legacy. It's going to make a great read when the unauthorized book comes about.
True but ROSES REALLY SMELL LIKE DODO as well so i guess it is what it is fam

There's the other tactic that's used.

I gain what it is that I want to gain. I don't see why that's any of your concern.

Either you choose to participate, or you don't.

"Tactic"...you're making it sound like I'm out to get you, or trying to defeat you or something... I'm just trying to have an honest conversation and get a better understanding of where you're coming from.

I'm interested in what you gain by posting because it helps me and others better understand the content you post and the motivation behind posting that content. Is what you gain from posting in this thread too private to share? I'm legitimately interested in what you have to gain by posting in here, and I don't see why you wouldn't be available to share that with others in the thread.

Well...I'm posting in the thread now. I guess that means I'm participating, aren't I?

Ahhh, that famous misheard lyric.

It's boo boo, my man. Boo boo.
You right again sir..They both smell like what youre talking over there..I dont even know u but i bet u couldnt even score close to a 1000 pints in the league let alone 30,000 smh Hatin is a disease homie

"Tactic"...you're making it sound like I'm out to get you, or trying to defeat you or something... I'm just trying to have an honest conversation and get a better understanding of where you're coming from.
I'm interested in what you gain by posting because it helps me and others better understand the content you post and the motivation behind posting that content. Is what you gain from posting in this thread too private to share? I'm legitimately interested in what you have to gain by posting in here, and I don't see why you wouldn't be available to share that with others in the thread.
Well...I'm posting in the thread now. I guess that means I'm participating, aren't I?
Again, this thread is about Kobe Bryant being overrated. How did this become about where I am coming from? You just asked me what I've gained from posting here, and then even suggested that I leave the forum.

If you haven't read it already, then here it is for you again

That's where I am coming from.

It's pretty clear, and I've posted info, articles, even Kobe's stats, to support my position.

Instead of presenting a case against my position, many of you have either called me names, questioned my intelligence, or as you have, questioned why I am here, then asked me to leave the thread and site due to my non appreciation of having personal attack thrown in my direction, due to my SOLID position on Kobe being overrated.

It's simply a fact, he is, when being compared to players from other era's.

Why?

When comparing him and his era to what other players of an earlier era had to contend with, the degree of difficulty of plying his trade has been lessened due to improvements in society, training, rules and technology.

There is no denying this.

Last edited:
Acting like people have not completely demolished his position, over and over again.. :lol:
In this thread you've proven you have one of the weakest basketball minds. But go ahead and post your bleacher report articles. As if BleacherReport has any validity.

NBA commissioner David Stern was present at New Orleans Arena to witness Bryant's achievement.

"I want to shake his hand. I think Kobe is, as a talent and a competitor, he's up there on the pedestal with Michael Jordan as one of the greatest," Stern told reporters before the game. "Kobe has such an extraordinary run playing at the highest level for so long with the championships to prove it in a league that is extremely competitive.

"Kobe and the Lakers have been an important part of the league, and I wish him well for this season and beyond."

Last edited:
Acting like people have not completely demolished his position, over and over again..
laugh.gif

In this thread you've proven you have one of the weakest basketball minds. But go ahead and post your bleacher report articles
. As if BleacherReport has any validity.
NBA commissioner David Stern was present at New Orleans Arena to witness Bryant's achievement.
"I want to shake his hand. I think Kobe is, as a talent and a competitor, he's up there on the pedestal with Michael Jordan as one of the greatest," Stern told reporters before the game. "Kobe has such an extraordinary run playing at the highest level for so long with the championships to prove it in a league that is extremely competitive.
"Kobe and the Lakers have been an important part of the league, and I wish him well for this season and beyond."
Demolished my position?

Much of what you and the others have done, is to call me names. If that's how you've demolished a position, then you've pretty much proven me correct.

That most likely will go over your head, as will this..

roll.gif

Last edited:
Again, this thread is about Kobe Bryant being overrated. How did this become about where I am coming from? You just asked me what I've gained from posting here, and then even suggested that I leave the forum.

If you haven't read it already, then here it is for you again

That's where I am coming from.

It's pretty clear, and I've posted info, articles, even Kobe's stats, to support my position.

Instead of presenting a case against my position, many of you have either called me names, questioned my intelligence, or as you have, questioned why I am here, then asked me to leave the thread and site due to my non appreciation of having personal attack thrown in my direction, due to my SOLID position on Kobe being overrated.

It's simply a fact, he is, when being compared to players from other era's.

Why?

When comparing him and his era to what other players of an earlier era had to contend with, the degree of difficulty of plying his trade has been lessened due to improvements in society, training, rules and technology.

There is no denying this.

You didn't answer my question, though. I guess you're not capable of communicating properly. The concept of meaningful dialogue and verbal exchange must be completely foreign to you.

And for the record, I never asked you to leave. You just made that up.

Now I see why people call you a troll.

If Longstroke THINKS Kobe is overrated, so be it. Theres nothing we can say or do to make him think otherwise.
Dont attack dude. That may be what he wants.

Acting like people have not completely demolished his position, over and over again.. :lol:

In this thread you've proven you have one of the weakest basketball minds. But go ahead and post your bleacher report articles
. As if BleacherReport has any validity.

Demolished my position?

Much of what you and the others have done, is to call me names. If that's how you've demolished a position, then you've pretty much proven me correct.

That most likely will go over your head.

Much of what I have done... Recheck the posts there fella.. Over and over again I refute your nonsense.

You act as if what you say is Gospel. When all you've proven is that you know very little about basketball.

Hell even your boy Hubie Brown disagrees with you. David Stern disagrees with you.

Dirk Nowitzki : "Unbelieviable. He's one of the best players to ever play the game. He's an amazing player."

The list goes on and on and on. We can post person after person saying Kobe is one of the greatest of all time. And you curl up into a little ball like a child and keep repeating the same nonsense over and over again.

Half the posts in here refute the uninformed opinion you keep stating.

The reason why you're called names in this thread is because each time someone refutes your nonsense and does it effectively, you ignore it.

But have fun champ being the most ridiculed basketball opinion on the forum. You can dance around everyone if it helps you sleep at night, but it doesn't negate the fact that when it comes to basketball, you don't know what you're talking about in the slightest.

Last edited:
To answer the OP's original question, no, he is not over-rated. Look at what Kobe just achieved last night. He's 1 of 5 players in NBA history to score 30,000 points and is the youngest to do it. Proof that he is one of the all time greats.

You didn't answer my question, though. I guess you're not capable of communicating properly. The concept of meaningful dialogue and verbal exchange must be completely foreign to you.
And for the record, I never asked you to leave. You just made that up.
Now I see why people call you a troll.
And if you have such a problem with how the mods run the board, why don't you take your discussion to one of the other numerous sports online forums?

Obviously, owning up to what you say is an ambiguous adventure for you.

Much of what I have done... Recheck the posts there fella.. Over and over again I refute your nonsense.
You act as if what you say is Gospel. When all you've proven is that you know very little about basketball.
Hell even your boy Hubie Brown disagrees with you. David Stern disagrees with you.
Dirk Nowitzki : "Unbelieviable. He's one of the best players to ever play the game. He's an amazing player."
The list goes on and on and on. We can post person after person saying Kobe is one of the greatest of all time. And you curl up into a little ball like a child and keep repeating the same nonsense over and over again.
Half the posts in here refute the uninformed opinion you keep stating.
The reason why you're called names in this thread is because each time someone refutes your nonsense and does it effectively, you ignore it.
But have fun champ being the most ridiculed basketball opinion on the forum. You can dance around everyone if it helps you sleep at night, but it doesn't negate the fact that when it comes to basketball, you don't know what you're talking about in the slightest.
This is how you are validating yourself?

Pitiful.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom