IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

If Longstroke THINKS Kobe is overrated, so be it. Theres nothing we can say or do to make him think otherwise.
Dont attack dude. That may be what he wants.

the thing is nobody is attacking him but he attacks people when they want to shoot facts at him. Why do you think hes been banned a million times? Not because of his opinion but because of his personal attacks and lies and the way he tries to belittle niketalk. He is a hypocrite aswell. He is a bootleg silly putty. I take that back atleast silly putty comes with facts and actually isnt a hypocrite. And silly doesnt try to put down niketalk as a whole every chance he gets while spending most his time on here.

You guys need to just ignore him. He will find a way to get himself banned again.

longstroke is still dancing around questions asked to him
mean.gif

Obviously, owning up to what you say is an ambiguous adventure for you.

Reading comprehension must not be your forte, champ.

There's a difference between me asking why you don't leave and me asking you to leave. The former is asking for the motivation behind a certain behavior (namely, staying here), the latter is asking you do actually do something (namely, leave).

If you can't understand the basic difference between those two sentences in the English Language maybe should go ahead and take a break from Niketalk and re-enroll in the 3rd grade. And yeah, now I'm suggesting you should leave. :lol:

the thing is nobody is attacking him but he attacks people when they want to shoot facts at him. Why do you think hes been banned a million times? Not because of his opinion but because of his personal attacks and lies and the way he tries to belittle niketalk. He is a hypocrite aswell. He is a bootleg silly putty. I take that back atleast silly putty comes with facts and actually isnt a hypocrite. And silly doesnt try to put down niketalk as a whole every chance he gets while spending most his time on here.
You guys need to just ignore him. He will find a way to get himself banned again.
237 to 57. They like me much more than they like you. 
Reading comprehension must not be your forte, champ.
There's a difference between me asking why you don't leave and me asking you to leave. The former is asking for the motivation behind a certain behavior (namely, staying here), the latter is asking you do actually do something (namely, leave).
If you can't understand the basic difference between those two sentences in the English Language maybe should go ahead and take a break from Niketalk and re-enroll in the 3rd grade. And yeah, now I'm suggesting you should leave.
laugh.gif
More insulting and condescending attacks, but that does not make Kobe Bryant any less overrated.

Last edited:
There's the other tactic that's used.

I gain what it is that I want to gain. I don't see why that's any of your concern.

Either you choose to participate, or you don't.

Kobe Bryant is overrated.

Anyone with half a brain can see what you've been trying to do champ. From what I heard you been banned multiple times before. So this thread is like the perfect opportunity for you to try to get people back lol. Your intention here is to get kobe fan riled up so they would bite the bait and call you names etc Then you are going to hit the report button lol.

That's why you spent so much energy here with your nonsense.
Lol exposed

Last edited:
Isn't an irony that a guy post quote from no name player like smush parker and non creditable site like bleacher report dot com yet he have the courtesy to label other people opinion as genetic fallacy lol

Then when people ask him legit question he can't answer he proceed to post a picture with a definition of straw man argument in it lol. Irony yet again lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1434029-the-best-player-in-each-nba-franchises-history/page/15

[h1]NBA[/h1]

[h1]The Best Player in Each NBA Franchise's History[/h1]   

[h3]BY [/h3]
[color= rgb(85, 85, 85)]PAUL KNEPPER[/color]
[color= rgb(85, 85, 85)]  (FEATURED COLUMNIST) [/color]ON DECEMBER 6, 2012

xt

[h2]Los Angeles Lakers — Magic Johnson[/h2]

hi-res-355072_display_image.jpg

Stephen Dunn/Getty Images

Honorable mention: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Jerry West, Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal, Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor, George Mikan

The Lakers' annals are replete with names that any casual basketball fan would recognize, though one Laker star shined brighter than the rest, Earvin "Magic" Johnson.

Magic burst onto the Hollywood scene during his rookie season with an epic performance in the NBA Finals. The Lakers led the 76ers 3-2, but the series appeared to be in jeopardy when Laker captain Kareem Abdul-Jabbar badly sprained his ankle in Game 5.

With the captain looking on, Magic jumped center. The rookie scored a game-high 42 points, grabbed 15 rebounds and dished out seven assists while leading the Lakers to victory. Magic and the Lakers won four more rings over the next eight years.

Last edited:
Anyone with half a brain can see what you've been trying to do champ. From what I heard you been banned multiple times before. So this thread is like the perfect opportunity for you to try to get people back lol. Your intention here is to get kobe fan riled up so they would bite the bait and call you names etc Then you are going to hit the report button lol.
That's why you spent so much energy here with your nonsense.
Lol exposed
Isn't an irony that a guy post quote from no name player like smush parker and non creditable site like bleacher report dot com yet he have the courtesy to label other people opinion as genetic fallacy lol
Then when people ask him legit question he can't answer he proceed to post a picture with a definition of straw man argument in it lol. Irony yet again lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1434029-the-best-player-in-each-nba-franchises-history/page/15

[h1]
NBA
[/h1]

[h1]The Best Player in Each NBA Franchise's History[/h1]

[h3]BY [/h3]

PAUL KNEPPER

(FEATURED COLUMNIST) 
ON DECEMBER 6, 2012

xt

[h2]Los Angeles Lakers — Magic Johnson[/h2]

hi-res-355072_display_image.jpg
Stephen Dunn/Getty Images

Honorable mention: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Jerry West, Kobe Bryant
, Shaquille O'Neal, Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor, George Mikan

The Lakers' annals are replete with names that any casual basketball fan would recognize, though one Laker star shined brighter than the rest, Earvin "Magic" Johnson.

Magic burst onto the Hollywood scene during his rookie season with an epic performance in the NBA Finals. The Lakers led the 76ers 3-2, but the series appeared to be in jeopardy when Laker captain Kareem Abdul-Jabbar badly sprained his ankle in Game 5.

With the captain looking on, Magic jumped center. The rookie scored a game-high 42 points, grabbed 15 rebounds and dished out seven assists while leading the Lakers to victory. Magic and the Lakers won four more rings over the next eight years.

MAGIC JOHNSON, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Jerry West, Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal, Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor, George Mikan

With the exception of Elgin Baylor, all of these names are legitimate top 10-15 players of all time. Any columnist would not go under fire for choosing one as the greatest laker of all time.

One thing to note, Im pretty sure all of those Lakers call Kobe the greatest Laker of all time (except for Wilt and Mikan for obvious reasons)

But look, thats 7-8 names that could be in the top 15, all from one franchise.

Last edited:
MAGIC JOHNSON, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Jerry West, Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal, Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor, George Mikan
With the exception of Elgin Baylor, all of these names are legitimate top 10-15 players of all time. Any columnist would not go under fire for choosing one as the greatest laker of all time.
One thing to note, Im pretty sure all of those Lakers call Kobe the greatest Laker of all time (except for Wilt and Mikan for obvious reasons)
But look, thats 7-8 names that could be in the top 15, all from one franchise.
Ahhh, you sound like someone I can discuss this with.

Yes, both the Lakers and Celts could present a formidable lineup for the top 15....and I have Kobe at 15 along with Duncan, Shaq and Hakeem ahead of him.

However, the reason I do not put him in MY Top Ten, is because I think that those cats who are up there, those like Jordan, Mikan, Wilt, Russ, Oscar, Kareem, Doc, Magic and Larry, played at a time that the rules were a bit different, both socially and athletically.

All of them were a pain in the butt to deal with, as they all had diva tendencies, but that is not what I hold against Kobe being up there. I think that we should be respectful of their ERA when considering the top ten. Obviously, this is all opinion, but for some of these cats to get rectally inflamed enough to start calling me names, then wanting to run me off the site, just because I don't have Kobe Bryant in my top ten, is just flat out ridiculous.

There should be nothing wrong with honoring pioneers, those that built the league, and then carried the league.

There is no wrong doing in having a sense of history, but for guys like that, those rabid Kobe fans, only 24 hours ago really matters.

Hell, a cat like Wilt who could ride in the back of a station wagon while eating spam sandwiches all night to get to his next game, then getting out to drop 100, will always have my respect. You've gotta remember what these cats went through. 

Last edited:
why are we posting articles from bleacher report?

id rather take basketball advice from TMZ

I understand what you're saying, but what does that have to do with on court ability and accomplishments? Top players to PLAY the game, not overcome adversity or situation and whatever. I'd be curious to see where you have players in other sports like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Derek Jeter etc. in your rankings. They didn't have to face adversity or necessarily be the face of the league and carry it or whatever label you want to put on it, but the work they put in and results are indisputable.

Don't really see how Bean is overrated when the majority of basketball aficionados and greats who played before him have him in the top 10, yet Longstroke you are presenting your opinions as facts/proof that he is.

Hahahahaha...Longstroke is persistent.
Just gonna have to agree to disagree.
I have Kobe ahead of Shaq and Duncan. But not Hakeem or The Captain.
At the end of the day, again, both our views are just opinions fam.

I understand what you're saying, but what does that have to do with on court ability and accomplishments? Top players to PLAY the game, not overcome adversity or situation and whatever. I'd be curious to see where you have players in other sports like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Derek Jeter etc. in your rankings. They didn't have to face adversity or necessarily be the face of the league and carry it or whatever label you want to put on it, but the work they put in and results are indisputable.
Don't really see how Bean is overrated when the majority of basketball aficionados and greats who played before him have him in the top 10, yet Longstroke you are presenting your opinions as facts/proof that he is.
Here's something for you to ponder...

...why are who you call the all time greats, qualified to feed you YOUR opinions? You know them, but they do NOT know you and your experiences. There is nothing wrong with having respect for your heroes, but you are allowed, have a right, to disagree with them as well.

Here in this thread, we are discussing our opinions on the subject. If I were sitting across from Magic, I'd tell him the same thing that I've told you, or anyone else.

Due to how hard the pioneers had it, I have them at the top FIRST, due to them paving the way for Kobe Bryant to be able fly in that helicopter in order to get to practice, and then play in those games.

Imagine if Wilt had that kind of access?!  He may have had a buck fiddy on that night against the Knicks!

Last edited:
They are more qualified than someone on a message board, because they themselves have played the game at it's highest level and some in their post careers have managed talent in general management, coaching and even front office positions. Their credentials far outweigh yours, just like I wouldn't try and give my expertise to a surgeon just because I watch episodes of House. He'd hear me and laugh me out of the room because I don't have the credentials. Similar to what Magic would do if you told him that, I'm sure.

Riding helicopters being loosely tied to being able to score more points though...can't say I've heard that one before. For the record I have Bean at 7 or 8. He gets another chip and maybe scoring title this season and he goes into my top 5.

why are we posting articles from bleacher report?
id rather take basketball advice from TMZ
:Rollin
Dude didn't know bleacher report also have kobe in top 5 greatest and best lakers of all time.

Yet he got the nerve to mention genetic fallacy lol. It's official that this guy is a joke. He can't be any older than 16

They are more qualified than someone on a message board, because they themselves have played the game at it's highest level and some in their post careers have managed talent in general management, coaching and even front office positions. Their credentials far outweigh yours, just like I wouldn't try and give my expertise to a surgeon just because I watch episodes of House. He'd hear me and laugh me out of the room because I don't have the credentials. Similar to what Magic would do if you told him that, I'm sure.
Riding helicopters being loosely tied to being able to score more points though...can't say I've heard that one before. For the record I have Bean at 7 or 8. He gets another chip and maybe scoring title this season and he goes into my top 5.
Let me ask you this, speaking of being qualified....when discussing a topic such as this, how do you know who you are talking to?

See, this is the dilemma that some of you must face when it comes to a discussion. Just because you do not like what someone has to say, does not make it wrong, nor make the person unqualified to make the comment, or making their opinion any less valid. I've presented many facts to you guys, showing you why Kobe is overrated compared to those who had to deal with a much tougher world, and a much tougher league.

Last edited:
Why don't you tell us who you are 'ol great Longstroke *pause* To be honest I really don't care who YOU are, I know for a fact that unless you are Jerry West, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Shaq, MJ, etc...you don't have the credentials or expertise for this subject. And your "sources" c'mon you doing a high school bibliography, BR contradicts themselves with their own stuff, like someone said they have Bean as top 5.

And your "facts" are nothing more than opinions trying to be played off as gospel.

Why don't you tell us who you are 'ol great Longstroke *pause* To be honest I really don't care who YOU are, I know for a fact that unless you are Jerry West, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Shaq, MJ, etc...you don't have the credentials or expertise for this subject. And your "sources" c'mon you doing a high school bibliography, BR contradicts themselves with their own stuff, like someone said they have Bean as top 5.
And your "facts" are nothing more than opinions trying to be played off as gospel.
I guess you don't realize how foolish you sound right there. 

I've said it before here, many of you aren't built for real life.

If I were to have this conversation with Magic, and I know this for a fact, he'd listen intently then not laughing in my face, because Buck has class.

Do you know what that means?

So if we were having discussion on why I feel Kobe Bryant is NOT a top ten player, citing the situations the pioneers had to deal with, he'd hear my point, unlike those of you here on  Nike Talk who cannot wait to run someone off, who does not share in your opinions.

I can see now why some of you are so protective of Bryant on here.

Any peek of reality, actually scares you to death.

Not everyone is going to agree with you in life, and if you don't get ready for it, you are doomed to fail.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom