Is Niketalk one of the reasons why Sneakers Cost so much?

Originally Posted by PackersGotMe

Niketalk has no say or so on most sneakers price because most if not all sneakers have a retail price that has been set before the days of Niketalk. Now setting prices for resellers I admit can be blamed on NT hype but also because FlightClub inforces a high price tag most believe they can too

QFT, dude on her tryed to charge me 600 or 700 for True Blue III's and 350 for Blackk/red XIII's cause he said that was the flight club price. Ofcourse he kept the shoes, I wasn't paying that

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Niketalk has no say or so on most sneakers price because most if not all sneakers have a retail price that has been set before the days of Niketalk. Now setting prices for resellers I admit can be blamed on NT hype but also because FlightClub inforces a high price tag most believe they can too
couldn't say it any better

exactly

I believe sneaker forums are the reasons why sneakers cost to much. Think about it, if sneaker forums didnt exist there would be no hype. Sneaker forums allowsellers to see whats the demand for a sneaker, for example lets say the official release post for the Air Jordan 2009's for is 40 pages compared to theofficial release post for black/lime green spizikes which is like 11 pages, the seller knows which sneaker will be more in demand and which will have a betterresale value(Just an example dont flame).

Before sneaker forums everything was word of mouth, you heard from this guy that this sneaker would be at the store on this day and that was that. Peopleshowed up on that day and it was it. Now someone is camping 3 days before and theres a post about it, which leads to people heading out to the store and linesgetting serious, shoes selling out and resale prices being through the roof. So I wouldnt blame Niketalk entirely for the high prices of sneakers but Idefinitely do blame it on sneaker forums.

Not in the beginning, around 97-2001 people were still bidding crazy on shoes but more so on kicks like OG solo flights, og jordans, and og bo jacksons,original jordans were going for money, shoe trends had a bunch of OG XI's, in the 400 dollar range, vintage usa had og terminators, and og waffle trainersfor prices in the thousands so you can't blame it on niketalk, however, Niketalk, ISS, Hypebeast certainly havent hurt

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

couldn't say it any better

same here

Like the dude said earlier, NT doesn't determine reseller's prices but they have a say in it. NT has no effect on retail prices though.

Obviouslly its been agreed upon that NT has no say in MSRP but as for reselling prices, OF COURSE...along with every sneaker forum, blog, online store(flightclub), boutique (MajorDC.lol) and sneaker informative wesite (hypebeast, nicekicks)....but in the end, its simple economics: supply and demand
the term "limited" sells itself...its just up to the reseller(s) how far they want to push the envelope. for every person the doesn't want to paya certain price for a certian shoe for one reason or another, there is surely someone who will...
i know its bad but for some reason i cant help but admire this aspect of the sneaker culture...its like on almost every release, you find yourself asking thesame question: "how bad do you want em" lol and thats the honest truth

I don't think NT determines prices, but it definitely factors into demand for certain models.

With that demand, JB can figure out just how much to charge.

this is hype city.
frown.gif

lol no. NT or ISS aren't the reasons why they cost so much. It's mainly hypebeasts and resellers who sell at rape prices (pickyourshoes, flightclub,etc). Nike knows these hypebeasts will buy no matter what, just to be cool.

totally agree I been satin that this y u have to double prices almost on shoes it's because u are telling how much u would do ANYTHING for some shoes

Back
Top Bottom