Is Peyton Manning the most overrated qb of all time?

Point is that they're not the '85 Bears like some are implying :lol:. GREAT D. Head and shoulders the best this year and one of the better units in recent memory,probably since the early 2000's Ravens but they're not the best. Definitely one of the best secondaries I've ever seen

this. that 85 Bears defense was just monstrous :x :x :x

My favorite thing about the Tom vs. Peyton argument is that even though most people are taking Tom now, what will the argument look like in three years when Tom is still playing in huge games and Peyton is retired?

Tom Brady is 100% healthy as far as the naked eye can tell. He still throws absolute ropes. If his leading wideout this year wasn't sub 6' with the wingspan of a T-Rex, his numbers would have been fine. Peyton on the other hand throws some of the wobbliest balls i've ever seen. He looked weak as hell yesterday.

Over/Under on the amount of playoff games Tom plays in after Peyton retires? I think 10 is a good number.

If his leading wideout this year wasn't sub 6' with the wingspan of a T-Rex

this had me dying :lol:

images

Last edited:
Tom Brady is 100% healthy as far as the naked eye can tell. He still throws absolute ropes.

I mean, statistics say otherwise...

Since 2010, Brady ranks 25th out of 31 qualifying quarterbacks in completion percentage on passes over 20 yards in the air. He has hit on just 30.3 percent of those throws.

bradydeep.gif

His passes definitely have more zip on them, and they should. Brady has throw 6586 passes in his career... Peyton has thrown 8452. Plus, you know, neck surgery.

Father Time catches up to everyone. These aren't young dudes out here anymore.

Yeah, you got me. I actually watch football and formulate my opinions based on what I see -- not my team affiliation. Is there where I'm supposed to say that Colin Kaepernick is the best QB in the NFL? How does this work exactly? What are the prerequisites? Do I get to watch other teams, or only my 49ers?

I think JJ Watt is the best DE in football, does that make me a Houston fan?

These rules are so confusing.

Are you serious with that bogus statistic? Anyone who watches the Patriots knows damn well those numbers are what they are because there is NO deep threat. And there hasnt been since Moss. Why even throw out those stats when they are so easily explained away?

And thanks for making my point on that Edelman gif. Look at dude. His arms are mad short and he doesnt even think about attempting to lay out for the ball. What if that was D Thomas? Or Julius Thomas? Or Eric Decker? Or Wes Welker?

And the fact that Brady is already favored in the argument by most, after having thrown 2k less balls is cementing my point that Brady has a lot more TDs to throw and a lot more games to win. And yes, Father Time has caught up to Peyton. Cant really say the same for Tom.

I honestly dont know why Peyton Manning has all of this hate. Hell, he's accomplished more in his career than Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez, or Tony Romo ever will. And i'm a Bears fan saying that

I honestly dont know why Peyton Manning has all of this hate. Hell, he's accomplished more in his career than Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez, or Tony Romo ever will. And i'm a Bears fan saying that

:lol: what?

is my sarcasm radar off?

Last edited:
Just remember one thing, Pats fans:
When the victories matter -- and the winner is destined for the Super Bowl -- Peyton Manning is 2-1 against Tom Brady in the AFCCG. Tom Brady may have all of those regular season victories over Peyton, but with a Super Bowl on the line, he doesn't have an answer for #18.

:pimp:

Last edited:
I'm not reading this entire ridiculous idea thread. Just popping in to remind everyone here that saying Peyton Manning is overrated is insane.
Who's better? Russell Wilson? Lmfao!!!!!!

peyton should retire and call it a career
his super bowl window closed last night
its unfortunate that we have to talk about his post season failures and legacy rather than his miraculous comeback from the 4 neck surgeries
I just dont see him coming back after this defeat. Its only going to get harder from now.

I may not know a ton about football but I will say if a team can get a pass rush that serious while dropping 7 in coverage all 32 starting QBs are struggling.

That's all I wanted to add.

When Brady lost his Super Bowls he didn't really play bad, he just didn't play great

But Peyton played badly in his Super Bowl losses. Pick six in both losses

Yea dudes must of watched different game what could Peyton do with them getting thru the o line like that Brady could've been out there it didn't matter.. how did he choke ? (No I'm not a Peyton fan )

Yea dudes must of watched different game what could Peyton do with them getting thru the o line like that Brady could've been out there it didn't matter.. how did he choke ? (No I'm not a Peyton fan )

Just my opinion. (which doesn't matter since a lot of dudes will hate on it no matter what) Alot can be blamed on his line but:
1. Peyton was known for having the ball out of his hands in like 2 seconds, last night he definitely was holding the ball a lot longer. I don't know if it's because he didn't want to try the secondary or if it was just the plays called
2. he did force some bad throws. mainly the Kam interception.

None of this excuses his receivers running backwards after they catch the ball though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom