Is Peyton Manning the most overrated qb of all time?

Troll or not....but in the big game and playoffs....Give me AROD or Brees over Manning.

They are equal in jewelry.

Like I said Peyton is the best at tearing up teams in the AFC South and AFC West.

I know Peyton can run up the score on Oakland raiders
Yes I know for 10 plus years he punished the Jags....i know he owns Jacksonville

thats all nice and dandy

But let him play a team like 49ers, Seahawks....Ravens.....

That boy throwing picks everywhere.

It's never his fault...

its the offensive line
its the running back
its the receivers that ran the wrong route
receivers dropped passes
his offensive coordinator...blah blah

I quoted you before you edited your post. I apologize for the troll. You threw in AROD and I'm all in. :-D .. that dude will win more championships regardless of team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its true though. In no way am I comparing the two because mike wouldn't lose on the biggest stage once he got that taste of a championship but as Jordan got older and his athleticism started to diminish he used his smarts and knowledge of the game and turned that into a key asset in his later years.

Peyton still has a season or two left of elite qb play if healthy imo. Perhaps he should incorporate an approach like that. Part of sports is athletism and making plays but another part is the mental and intelligence part. Use more of that strong knowledge of the game and intelligence to beat guys. Granted his numbers might not be as good but I could see him having more success making plays when they count. Its like everything comes natural to him in the regular season but the playoffs are a struggle. Perhaps loosen up a bit and use some of that veteran knowledge while not over analyzing things would do him some good.

Its true though. In no way am I comparing the two because mike wouldn't lose on the biggest stage once he got that taste of a championship but as Jordan got older and his athleticism started to diminish he used his smarts and knowledge of the game and turned that into a key asset in his later years.

Peyton still has a season or two left of elite qb play if healthy imo. Perhaps he should incorporate an approach like that. Part of sports is athletism and making plays but another part is the mental and intelligence part. Use more of that strong knowledge of the game and intelligence to beat guys. Granted his numbers might not be as good but I could see him having more success making plays when they count. Its like everything comes natural to him in the regular season but the playoffs are a struggle. Perhaps loosen up a bit and use some of that veteran knowledge while not over analyzing things would do him some good.
Mike was so special though. I thought Brady was the same then he lost two to Eli 8) (90s Bulls may be the best "Modern" franchise of all time. They played late 90s and dominated. Many greats still playing at a prime that era...not to mention that Iverson kid, Shaq...etc.

The comparison to basketball should be very limited in my opinion. Completely different team dynamics.

The comparison to basketball should be very limited in my opinion. Completely different team dynamics.

Honestly this team needs no comparison. Wilson is an HOFer, not to mention the defense. They prolly could have finished up if they didnt lose the divisional last yr. Best team I've seen since the 01-02 Pats.

He didn't play special teams last year either when his special teams put up 14 points against the ravens so they could even make it to overtime in the first place in that playoff game.

and we all saw what happened when the game was in his hands on a big stage :smh:

I agree with doing too much and he over thinks at times. That first play of the game idk what he was doing. Just run the damn play.

I never knew Peyton could top all those AFC Championship loses or the Ty Law hat trick interception game or 1 & Dones or even that SB loss but he topped all that easily in one night in every facet :x

Last edited:
russell wilson didnt out play manning he just game managed.. u cant outplay peyton u need a defense to slow him down that all ... the seahawks reminded me of the buccaners the year they won the superbowl

Who actually has said he is a big game QB? It seems the majority of these 'arguments' have the basic premise that people believe it and is what thy defend Peyton on. But I haven't really seen anyone say he is clutch or a big game QB. We know what he is :lol:

In the back of my head I knew he was going to choke at some point. Yesterday was Peyton vs. Florida, it's a team game no doubt but Manning didn't help.

Its a team sport. So I believe you cant put all the blame on 1 guy.

Yes Manning threw 2 pics. But thats only 2 Touchdowns. What about the rest of the points Seattle put up? Broncos defense should recevie some of the blame as well as their offensive line for not giving Manning more time.

There are several people on the Broncos team who are to blame for this blowout. Manning included.

The man still had the best regular season by a QB EVER.

EVER !

I would like to see you guys list of goat quarterbacks. I only go by what I seen not film

1. Dan Marino
2. Peyton Manning
3. Joe Montana
4. Tom Brady
5. Idk

LMAO at someone bringing up AROD in this post... AROD is 3 one and dones all that saved him was that first run out of nowhere. I personally think peyton is overrated too, thought so before last night, and he did just about what i thought he would. I still think Brady is on top as far as current Qbs

america do love their country conservative qbs

Peyton is a great regular season qb........and that's where it ends 

Peyton can only succeed w/ a loaded team......an offense full on injuries would = a failure from him 

Last edited:
Vinateri and the Patriots defense won all those Superbowls. Brady = Game manager/clutch passer first half of career (during superbowl runs) . Second half of career= Elite . Brady is the most over rated of all time.

Manning has been Elite his entire career. 

You give Brady the same defense as the Rams in the Superbowl Rams would have won by 50

blah blah blah blah blah

Peyton Manning's 24.4 Total QBR was his lowest in a game this season, and the worst in a Super Bowl since Rex Grossman in 2006 (7.1).

funny manning got that ring against Grossman and his 7.1 qbr

Peyton aint big time once january hits 

Teams win superbowls not quarterbacks...Rodgers is the best QB in the NFL and there is a reason why he hasn't been back, his defense has sucked for years now. This isn't basketball one player can't put their team on their back like an NBA player can.

Back
Top Bottom