Is Peyton Manning the most overrated qb of all time?

Considering Tom Brady is 0-2 in the Super Bowl (anything before 2007 doesn't count, much like Barry Bonds home run record and Lance Armstrong's Tour de France titles)... how is he not the most overrated QB of all time? 6-6 in the playoffs, 0-2 when it matters. The guy was on an undefeated team and couldn't close out the deal against the NFL's interception leader. :smh:
incbutthurt

Last edited:
Considering Tom Brady is 0-2 in the Super Bowl (anything before 2007 doesn't count, much like Barry Bonds home run record and Lance Armstrong's Tour de France titles)... how is he not the most overrated QB of all time? 6-6 in the playoffs, 0-2 when it matters. The guy was on an undefeated team and couldn't close out the deal against the NFL's interception leader.
mean.gif

incbutthurt
For my money nobody has done more with less than Tom Brady.... Also Brady didn't play terrible in those Super Bowls. The first one against the Giants he walked off the field with a 14-10 lead...

Brady had done more with less, this season for example.

Peyton goofed, he is 60% of the reason the broncos lost. After the INT, you can tell he was intimidated. He wasn't throwing the same. Peyton couldn't read that zone and he is known for picking apart defenses :smh:

Peyton went from top 3 to top 10 in the course of 2 and a half hours

Last edited:
About that pre 2007 talk being linked to peds http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/4294/cowher-dismisses-impact-of-spygate

“Stealing someone’s signals was a part of the game and everybody attempted to do that. We had people that always tried to steal signals,” said Cowher, whose 2004 team won 16 consecutive games before losing to the Patriots in the AFC title game. “What happened when we lost that game is they outplayed us. It had nothing to do with stealing signals or cheating or anything else.”

Last edited:
Also Brady didn't play terrible in those Super Bowls.

The Giants weren't as good as the Seahawks in any way, shape, or form.

Still, to go 18-0 and lose... that's the biggest chokejob I've ever witnessed in my life. Easily knocks him down 3 or 4 pegs on the All-Time list.

Still, to go 18-0 and lose... that's the biggest chokejob I've ever witnessed in my life. Easily knocks him down 3 or 4 pegs on the All-Time list.

18-0 Pats choke job with Brady>43-8 Manning choke job

The defense may have choked in that game, but Brady definitely did not. Like I said before he walked off the field with the lead... Asante Samuel makes that int, or Tryee cant hang on to the pass its a different story

Not liking the disdain towards Peyton. I'll say it's getting harder and harder to defend him, but he's damn near revolutionary for the QB position with all the know-how he possesses.

Quarterback is a *****. Sucks for Peyton supporters to juxtapose against the Brady's and Montana's because regardless of his unprecedented skill level, rings are what talk louder to most than any of the behind-the-curtain nuances this guy has mastered. Just doesn't do it in the SB though, right? I understand.

It's not an unprecedented skill level if in your biggest games that skill level becomes average as they come. It's more than just rings here, it's the fact that he played TERRIBLE again... If your being discussed as possibly being the best ever how do you have more memorable moments for monumentally ******g up then you do for making great plays. He is the most overrated QB not named Brett Favre.

He broke every single passing record this season had the best offense ever and went to the SB had 3 turnovers, wasn't accurate on his throws at all, and gave his team NOTHING... Of course the Seahawks defense is great, but they aren't invincible if your the best QB ever how can you not atleast fight to keep your team in the game.

But back to the topic at hand: this game definitely hurt his legacy, IMO. It's one thing to lose a Super Bowl... it's another to lose like this. :smh:

100%. he killed his legacy last night.

in a way, he reinforced what people have said about him for years...the spotlight can be too big for him. he is the most talented QB to ever play the position IMO...but there's seriously a decent line of QBs you would take over him if you have to win a big game.

Last edited:

The defense may have choked in that game, but Brady definitely did not. Like I said before he walked off the field with the lead... Asante Samuel makes that int, or Tryee cant hang on to the pass its a different story

But it's not a different story. He lost the game and it all falls on Tom Brady. If he had only done a little more, they might have gone 19-0...

Good QBs find a way to win. Losing to the NFL interception leader in two Super Bowls falls 100% on Tom Brady. If he was as good as advertised, he would have propelled his team to victory.

Instead, they floundered in defeat, and we're going on a decade with zero Patriots hardware.

Damn shame, too. He coulda been something special. :smh:

chester :rofl:

them feelings so hurt today after last night. it's OK...troll away, friend. troll away :lol:

18-0 Pats choke job with Brady>43-8 Manning choke job

The Broncos had losses this season. Everyone knew they had flaws.

That 2007 Patriots team was supposed to be the greatest ever... breaking records... 16-0, then 17-0, then 18-0...

Then this guy showed up:
View media item 781590
...put Tom Brady over his knee, and spanked him like the ***** he is.

0-2 in Super Bowls against the NFL interception leader. :smh: Forget Spygate, more like Chokegate. :x

please, their d-line was great

brady took two Ls but he didni't get ran through like Manning..hell I wish Brady could've faced Rex ******g Grossman and his 7.1 qbr in a Super Bowl 
roll.gif

Last edited:

Even Tony Romo put up more points against that defense, in the playoffs, than Tom Brady.

Tony Romo.

So a player who played perfect all season, all playoffs, and even in the SB game is considered a choke artist for losing to a team because of a scrub catching a pass off of his helmet.... Don't bring Brady in this conversation anymore because last night Peyton proved that he's not better.

Sports is about winning, if you need to win a big game Peyton manning might not be in the top 10 of QB's i would take and i'm extremely serious about that. All the talent in the world a historic offense, full control and he had the second worst QBR in SB history.... this is the guy who's top 5?

How can you place someone top 5 at their occupation but excuse them from the convo when discussing if they could win at their occupation. How can you be the best when your needed the most you play like bum.

I thought the Broncos had a good chance at winning last night and they got scraped and he played TERRIBLE all evening, i didn't think my views on Manning could get worse but what he showed last night :smh:

The Broncos had losses this season. Everyone knew they had flaws.

That 2007 Patriots team was supposed to be the greatest ever... breaking records... 16-0, then 17-0, then 18-0...

Then this guy showed up: 

...put Tom Brady over his knee, and spanked him like the ***** he is.

0-2 in Super Bowls against the NFL interception leader.
mean.gif
Forget Spygate, more like Chokegate.
sick.gif

Last edited:

brady took two Ls but he didni't get ran through like Manning..hell I wish Brady could've faced Rex ******g Grossman and his 7.1 qbr in a Super Bowl 
roll.gif
Giants fan here. Gotta agree with Chester. Our Giants defenses that won the Superbowls were not on par with this Seattle defense. We had a great pass rush we weer able to lean on, which took the pressure off the rest of the defense. Seattle on the other hand was dominant across the board. There was nothing to be done here. I don't think anyone else would've faired any better. They were seamless from start to finish and excellent at all positions. It really might be the best defense I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom