Is Peyton Manning the most overrated qb of all time?

P_Matic said it all on the first page, no one would have faired particularly well against Seattle's Defense aside from possibly a really mobile QB like Kap.

This Seahawks defense might go down as the best in NFL history....this is an offensive league and they were out there toying with the Broncos all night.
Yeah man. I just find it hard to say Peyton had a bad game after watching that last night. It wasn't a case of a bad game. It was a case of a superior team exercising their will. It's not like there were a ton of missed passes or anything. Every one of Manning's 34 completed catches was immediately contested by 2 or 3 Seahawk defenders. I mean, we can say as a team they had a bad game b/c of all the mistakes on offense and lack of playmaking on defense, but I can't honestly say Peyton should shoulder all the blame. I think this is the first year where we can definitively say that defense wins championships. The number 1 offense vs the number 1 defense, and this was the result. Seattle took it to them. To say Peyton had a bad game discredits what Seattle's defense was able to accomplish.

Giants fan here. Gotta agree with Chester. Our Giants defenses that won the Superbowls were not on par with this Seattle defense. We had a great pass rush we weer able to lean on, which took the pressure off the rest of the defense. Seattle on the other hand was dominant across the board. There was nothing to be done here. I don't think anyone else would've faired any better. They were seamless from start to finish and excellent at all positions. It really might be the best defense I've ever seen.

That's understandable but you can't be serious with theirs nothing anyone couldve done considering we just saw them play two teams in the playoffs who gave themselves opportunity to win and just couldn't do it. This Defense isn't the reason the Broncos were almost held scoreless as much as it's Peyton manning losing his cool and cracking under pressure. I remember him throwing one deep ball all night... everything was rushed, that man was scared out there from the very jump.

When you are one of the Elite QB's of all time (Which his statistics state) there is no reason you should be damn near shut out... This same defense has been on the field all year i have saw teams put up points...... Peyton and what many people called one of the best Offenses ever had two weeks to game plan and find a way.... He did NOTHING he had a terrible game and their is no way around it.

Last edited:
This Seahawks defense might go down as the best in NFL history....this is an offensive league and they were out there toying with the Broncos all night.

They really just showed how soft Denver was, nobody played with any type of heart, especially Peyton Manning. I love Peyton, but can't defend this guy for another min. He is the definition of a choke artist. Now we know why he didn't wanna come to the NFC (namely the niners) after leaving Indy, he would have been exposed even sooner. I would take Eli of Peyton any day at this point.

Stephen A. just put last nights game into complete perspective. It's one thing for those boys to lose, but the fact that they got their hearts snatched out on that field last night legit hurt :smh:

I know Peyton cried last night :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
Giants fan here. Gotta agree with Chester. Our Giants defenses that won the Superbowls were not on par with this Seattle defense. We had a great pass rush we weer able to lean on, which took the pressure off the rest of the defense. Seattle on the other hand was dominant across the board. There was nothing to be done here. I don't think anyone else would've faired any better. They were seamless from start to finish and excellent at all positions. It really might be the best defense I've ever seen.

The secondary is probably one of the best I've seen, but front 7 there have been better so I can say best ever overall.

85' Bears had the best front 7 and best pass rush ever.

As for the Giants, they had a better pass rush (moreso in 07' with better linebackers too) than Seattle....Seattle's pass rush just played excellent yesterday.

Panthers and 49ers front 7 are even better imo.

The Texans and the Jaguars put up more points against the Seahawks than the Broncos...

well the Giants owned the Patriots the last 3 matchups and if I'm not mistaken the regular season game they played during the patriots streak was kinda close until the end 

sometimes a team will have anothers number.....it just happens 

And the Colts beat the Seahawks. What's the point?
laugh.gif
 People are on here claiming that their defense might go down as the greatest of all time. When teams with bad offenses were putting up points against them.

The Bucs took em to OT in Seattle :lol:

:rofl: But suddenly when the best Offensive team in the League is playing them it becomes impossible to score on the Seahawks. It's not Peyton's fault he couldn't do anything... That excuse is OVER!!! he played in the SB in the most important game of his life and had LITERALLY one of the worse games a QB has ever had, the biggest of Peyton fans can't defend that.

And the Colts beat the Seahawks. What's the point? :lol:

Point is that they're not the '85 Bears like some are implying :lol:. GREAT D. Head and shoulders the best this year and one of the better units in recent memory,probably since the early 2000's Ravens but they're not the best. Definitely one of the best secondaries I've ever seen

Last edited:
I'd be interested to have a thoughtful discussion on where they end up on lists. Might have to be 'by invite' only

where is @ JJ Watt to make sense of all this tho?

nerd.gif

my dude better be gassing up that bus

I never really noticed it before, but GMS was right about you.

LOL. Another Stevie type dude...

Brady had done more with less, this season for example.

Peyton goofed, he is 60% of the reason the broncos lost. After the INT, you can tell he was intimidated. He wasn't throwing the same. Peyton couldn't read that zone and he is known for picking apart defenses :smh:

Peyton went from top 3 to top 10 in the course of 2 and a half hours

This is the most foolish statement i've read in this thread.

How the Hell can a mans legacy change within 2 and half hours? You have that much lack of respect for the NFL? 2.5 hours isn't enough time to destroy and change the completion of a 15+ year career dude. You need to screw your head back on.

Yeah man. I just find it hard to say Peyton had a bad game after watching that last night. It wasn't a case of a bad game. It was a case of a superior team exercising their will. It's not like there were a ton of missed passes or anything. Every one of Manning's 34 completed catches was immediately contested by 2 or 3 Seahawk defenders. I mean, we can say as a team they had a bad game b/c of all the mistakes on offense and lack of playmaking on defense, but I can't honestly say Peyton should shoulder all the blame. I think this is the first year where we can definitively say that defense wins championships. The number 1 offense vs the number 1 defense, and this was the result. Seattle took it to them. To say Peyton had a bad game discredits what Seattle's defense was able to accomplish.

This is what I've been saying since page 1 of this damn thread!

This is the most foolish statement i've read in this thread.

How the Hell can a mans legacy change within 2 and half hours? You have that much lack of respect for the NFL? 2.5 hours isn't enough time to destroy and change the completion of a 15+ year career dude. You need to screw your head back on.

It's not just 2.5 hrs, it's the constant choking and let downs in the Games that matter. He just flat out doesn't get the job done when it matters the most...Football version of Melo, makes the game look effortless but gets to the postseason and can't make it happen.

Back
Top Bottom