Is their a Chipotle competitor yet?

My friends love chipotle,dont get the hype.

Walked in one day to try it out. I saw an assembly line like subway
mean.gif

Instantly didn't want to eat. Grabbed a couple bites from my friends it was alright, wouldn't spend much on it.

6-7 bones for a bowl or tacos,Im good,rather go to a real restaurant.

But....it does stay busy though,so good for them.

I'm not the biggest fan of qdoba. Still tolerable but chipotle is 10x better.

We have Boloco and California tortilla but I feel like those are different types of burritos if that makes sense. They are more like specialty wraps probably a bad description but not that comparable.
I went to a Boloco before when I was out in Vermont. Wasn't really a fan.

I know I'm in the minority but in most cases I prefer Chipotle over most local joints. In CA btw.

there's a franchise down here named Willy's that i think comes 2nd to Chipotle..

:lol: @ Moe's, their damn chicken tastes like tuna.

Well being from Denver (where Chipotle started), I was born into loving it. I remember in high school going there for lunch and being stuffed. So for me there is no other place but chipotle. Funny thing i live in SC now and they just recently opened one up, and the line is out the door daily. It amazes me

Anyone in a big city can get ahold of authentic Mexican food. Op's question pertains to mainstream Mexican food chains not named Taco Bell.

Don't really go to chipotle unless I'm super lazy and don't want to take the extra 10min to go my local spot :lol:

Funny, I just ate at a place in Newport, Rhode Island called Cilantro .... www.cilantromex.com

There are 6 locations in RI so far and they keep expanding. I actually enjoyed it nore than Chipotle and it was a buck cheaper (7$ flat after tax for 4 tacos)

The pulled pork was delicious. The buffalo chicken was pretty good. The regular chicken was great
This place is amazing. My boy used to go to Johnson and Wales in RI and we would hit up Cilantro for a nice meal before the night got wild. Def a quality burrito.

Chipotle = Mexican American

Local spot = Authentic Mexican

I eat both.

Cali has the best authentic mexican food

Carne asada fries!  
pimp.gif

chipotle is so overrated it's not even funny. anna's is a local spot around Boston with a few spots scattered and is much better than chipotle imo.

Of course people are gonna say "local spot > Chipotle's".

I mean, in most cases thats probably true, but doesnt mean Chipotle is terrible food.

I had it today, brown rice, pinto beans, steak and chicken, with hot salsa. Nothing else. The audacity of some of the scoops of meat they give you sometimes. Gotta be like son...really? Thats it? 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom