Is your city boring, activities and people wise

Man downtown always gona be grimey like that. I used to stay on 1st ward wich is 3 1/2 minutes from downtown
laugh.gif

Im barely startin to get into the downtown scene tho. Soon as this weather clears up im tryna mess wit this new camera amd explore downtown. Im tryna get views from building rooftops.
I have a camera 
nerd.gif

It's more about how I can go out at 3 AM and see packed streets of people partying/ enjoying life, not having to drop $$$$$ on drinks/food priced 10x the normal rate, not worrying about some lunatic shooting/stabbing someone, not getting into fights over some dumb meathead taking offense into you bumping into him in a packed club, etc (All of which I've experienced here multiple times but never in the places I'm referring to).

That's just on the nightlife side. I could go on about how there's such a lack of culture here in the states unless you go to minority neighborhoods, most of which have been taken over by hipsters by now.

That makes a lot of sense. I'm curious about places that like this that embrace Blacks. I hear a lot of conflicting stories.

Last edited:
Well yeah of course. European culture is that of indulgence and leisure where as America everything is second to work. Your job is your status symbol. Going out is a form of therapy after working dam near a 50 hour week with no vacation hours and poor health care

Why you do this to me :frown:

Live in Seattle. Not boring but everything closing at 2am is ******* wack

Last edited:

I'm from Oakland and went to college in Los Angeles. I love both of those areas. For an Asian American, the Bay Area and So-cal are probably the best places to live. Great food, clubs, bars, raves, concerts, sports teams its all there. I recently moved to Sacramento in January and I HATE IT. It seems so slow-spaced and boring to me, maybe it's because I don't know anyone. Also the weather sucks.
East Bay-er who went to school in LA too. I try to avoid going to the SAC/Fairfield/Stockton area as much as possible.
Sac is dead and everyone knows it. Fairfield I've been going to just for some get togethers but I feel that nothing happens. Stockton might as well be death valley. I've bee going to Oakland a lot more as of late and I love it.

I hate SJ. something always happens downtown when I'm there; fights, squad cars racing down blocking off a street, guns pulled out riht outside the bars/clubs, drunk dudes knocking out a taco truck worker because dude couldnt wait longer to order in the line
mean.gif

oh man i stopped by sacramento to visit a friend while on my vacation to san francisco...that was one of the dryest cities i've ever been to.  
mean.gif

never again.

Sacramento has some good things going for the city in Downtown. Hipster setting, but it worked. 

Outside of Sacramento were suburbs with common big name stores. Once the new Kings Arena is completed in October, that entire area is going to be revitalized. Something which the city truly needs, regardless of the arguments presented by some local residents.

I kind of laugh when people bring up Fairfield (hometown) and say it's boring. Other than the mall, its the suburbs lol. You're not going to get much in Fairfield, unless you go on the Base and play ball or go bowling.

Man...this thread just made me miss home. 

oh man i stopped by sacramento to visit a friend while on my vacation to san francisco...that was one of the dryest cities i've ever been to.  
mean.gif

never again.
So you are forming an opinion on a whole city by what YOU were aware of was going on, when you made a pit stop? 
grin.gif

Last edited:
Live in Seattle. Not boring but everything closing at 2am is ******* wack
Speaking of this , I always wondered why cities don't update closing times every once in a while...they luv sticking with old/outdated rules n laws :smh: , at least give the option to be open till like 4

So you are forming an opinion on a whole city by what YOU were aware of was going on, when you made a pit stop? 
grin.gif

basically my day and night out there...

yall act like i can't call a city boring...because relative to other cities i've been to, it really is.

compared to san francisco it is boring af

Last edited:

basically my day and night out there...

yall act like i can't call a city boring...because relative to other cities i've been to, it really is.

compared to san francisco it is boring af
"Boring compared to" is not the same thing as calling something BORING.

It might not be as much to do in SAC vs other major cities, but to call it boring isn't extreme?

But to spend a DAY and a NIGHT in a city that you didn't PREPARE/PLAN for, and form an opinion on it is just wild.

Again, it is up to the human to make use of the environment

Toronto check in

whatever you are into we got it. clubs are poppin open till 3 usually, sports teams, a lot of nice beaches, outdoor activities.

people are cool and diverse we got all flavour baddies black, brown, white, asian, spanish
also the stereo type of people always saying "sorry" is real out here :lol:

Most suburban towns are boring if they don't have their own entertainment areas. A mall, movies, bars/restaurants (could just be a Buffalo Wild Wings and a Friday's), etc. can be sufficient to fill in gaps if you don't reside in or close to a major city.

In respect to those living in/near a major city and calling the city boring: I've learned a lot of people are too lazy to drive in, go places and/or try something. You can't call DC boring if you only go to the city twice a month because you don't feel like driving from Clinton.

suberzat1 suberzat1 checked out Frenchman street last night. Listened to some reggae at Blue Nile. Then went down the street to see some live music, forgot the name of the bar.

suberzat1 suberzat1 checked out Frenchman street last night. Listened to some reggae at Blue Nile. Then went down the street to see some live music, forgot the name of the bar.
I've seen curren$y and a few of his peeps in there from time to time.

Yuki is one of my go to spots for drinks and curry. You can purchase a bottle they will keep for you to drink on your next visits in the future.

NY > Anywhere else 
NY is too damn fun dawg. I'm from Indianapolis and it's not bad here. We're steadily growing but nothing compares to NYC.

Indy is fun especially with Indiana Pacers and Indianapolis Colts. If you're a sports fan its fun. Bars are poppin too and yambs are easily obtained 

This Sac slander.

mean.gif

Yall must be boring
Right? I mean, I used HATE living in Sacramento. But when I made an effort to see what the city had to offer, I really liked the city for what it had. 

Sacramento isn't that bad.

I got a gang of cousins in Sac and we always have fun downtown.

Probably one of the most socially and ethnically diverse bar scenes I've seen anywhere and I'm from Oakland/Berkeley.

Last edited:
NY is too damn fun dawg. I'm from Indianapolis and it's not bad here. We're steadily growing but nothing compares to NYC.

Indy is fun especially with Indiana Pacers and Indianapolis Colts. If you're a sports fan its fun. Bars are poppin too and yambs are easily obtained 

I feel like NY has fell off as far as places to go. NY Summers in the dead center of the summer and going to places like La Marina etc of recent are :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom