Isn't she an NT member?

Who the **** is saying she is not black anymore? Her being black is part of the reason people are so offended.

That is just a silly strawman.

in Florida

second biggest Cuban population outside of Florida is on NJ, there is no ethnicity/political marriage there.
That doesn't disprove my statement. It is based on simple Math

Add then divide Ninja. Something like 70 percent of Cuban Americans live in Florida. And older ones, even from Rubio's age bracket lead right.

Many are claiming that this latest incident is just another example of ESPN's liberal bias since they fired baseball analyst and conservative-minded Curt Schilling for something he did on social media and yet Hill got something akin to a public scolding for calling President Donald Trump a white supremacist.
da problem is you can't sack Curt Shillin for doing da exact same thing on da opposite political spectrum
Buying into the above framing implies that "the exact political opposite" of being a racist is calling someone a racist. That's ridiculous on its face. It's "an eye for calling someone an eye gouger."

If you're struggling to disassociate the contemporary Republican Party from its image as "the party of racism," you need to be out there opposing racists - not harboring and defending them. You need to demonstrate that you hold values independent of party affiliation.

Imagine if "liberals" circled their wagons around Anthony Weiner in this way. "Anthony Weiner was just expressing himself! This is a partisan witch hunt! Calling a man a sexual predator is like raping his reputation!"

If it's your belief that Schilling's bigotry is an acceptable part of your political platform, that he's being persecuted for "being conservative", yours is "the party of racism."

Curt Schilling repeatedly compared Muslims to Nazis, arguing that, even if only a small percentage of Muslim people are extremists, only "7% of Germans were Nazis": https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2015/08/25/espn-analyst-curt-schillings-worst-facebook-pos/205146

One wonders what he must think, then, of the presence of Swastika-bearing Nazis at "Unite the Right" events.

White supremacists voted for Donald Trump. David Duke et al. were delighted by his response to the violence in Charlottesville. That alone should prompt a long, hard look in the mirror.
You can embrace these racists as a legitimate component of your coalition or you can reject them. You can't do both.

If you believe it's finally time for Donald Trump to unequivocally denounce White Supremacist hate groups and sign the purely symbolic, bipartisan Congressional resolution urging him to use the full power of his office to oppose them, are you doing the "exact political opposite" of what Curt Schilling did?

If you see the world in terms of a binary opposition, you ought to be very careful where you draw the line separating "us" from "them." If you hate "liberals" so much that you'd prefer the company and allegiance of Nazis and Klansmen (the enemy of my enemy is my friend), you've done more than just choose party over country - you've chosen party over principle.

You were confident enough to make a sweeping judgment about why people (and the implication was clearly black people) don't like her. And you doubled down on it.

Maybe next time you wanna comment on why a member of the black community should be in good standing, you spend 5 minutes on Google first

This. It's fine to have your own opinions, but be informed before diving head first like a jackass.

"ESPN originally tried to keep Hill off the air on Wednesday evening, but Smith refused to do the show without her, the sources said. Both sources also said that producers reached out to two other black ESPN hosts, Michael Eaves and Elle Duncan, to ask them to serve as fill-ins for the show — but Eaves and Duncan did not agree to take the place of Hill and Smith, either."

Buying into the above framing implies that "the exact political opposite" of being a racist is calling someone a racist. That's ridiculous on its face. It's "an eye for calling someone an eye gouger."

da Shillin analysis is more a macro view on da overall reprimand ESPN doled out vs Jemelle Hill I.E. conservative view points vs liberal view points, not arguing for or against racism and choose a side. its not a "well if don't agree with liberals here, im automatic siding with white supremacists/neo Nazis" nah b, its not that type of party. :lol:

You can embrace these racists as a legitimate component of your coalition or you can reject them. You can't do both.

we're talking about voting a 2 party system here meth, unfortunately you're gonna share da same vote with a host of whatever rogue's gallery you wanna insert here that's appropriate.

Faced with the possibility of having to replace Hill and Smith with white co-hosts, the sources said, ESPN then called Hill and asked her to come back on her show.

live by political correctness, die by it.

i reckon ESPN just learned they're now over a Barrell either play they make cuz they chose to open that political Pandora's box.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican they're gonna find a way to get you, the target has gotten too big. Just resign and let ESPN deal with the back lash of straddling the fence. We support you and any other platform you choose to express your views on sports and politics in the future.

...and stop hating on the Falcons

da Shillin analysis is more a macro view on da overall reprimand ESPN doled out vs Jemelle Hill I.E. conservative view points vs liberal view points
Exactly my point: you've just presented racism as a "conservative viewpoint."

checkmate.gif

Exactly my point: you've just presented racism as a "conservative viewpoint."

checkmate.gif

except i also added..

not arguing for or against racism and choose a side. its not a "well if don't agree with liberals here, im automatic siding with white supremacists/neo Nazis" nah b, its not that type of party

and Shillin never touched on race, this is where you're talking past my point, he brought up da whole transexual bathroom bill (a political view)

vs Jemelle who chimed on "white supremacy" (another political view)

da whole point is on a macro level, ESPN disciplined and eventually let go of Kurt for sharing his view, and Hill wasn't, its a Optics thing.

except i also added..

and Shillin never touched on race, this is where you're talking past my point, he brought up da whole transexual bathroom bill (a political view)

da whole point is on a macro level, ESPN disciplined and eventually let go of Kurt for sharing his view, and Hill wasn't, its a Optics thing.

Curt Schilling, the man you are caping for.............

schillingnazihitler.jpg

schillingpercentage.jpg

schillingflag.jpg

schillingpeace.jpg

schillingwomen.jpg

schillingmarch.jpg

Former major league pitcher Curt Schilling has reiterated his assertion that Baltimore Orioles outfielder Adam Jones was not targeted by racist taunts at Boston's Fenway Park.

Recently, on an appearance on Breitbart Radio Network, Schilling said Jones was lying when he told USA TODAY Sports' Bob Nightengale he was berated by racist slurs at Fenway.

“I don’t believe the story, given the world we live in,” Schilling said in the interview. “I don’t believe it, for this reason: Everybody is starving and hungry to sit in front of a camera and talk and be social justice warriors. And if a fan yelled loud enough in center field for Adam Jones to hear the N-word, I guarantee you we would’ve heard and seen fans around on CNN or MSNBC, they would’ve found multiple fans to talk about what a racist piece of junk Boston is.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ays-adam-jones-lying-racist-taunts/101799032/

-This is the man you open your mouth to defend. Jeez, god damn do better Edwin. Schilling had a pattern of behavior which contributed to his downfall.

Last edited:

Never touched on race? Go back and look at the link I posted earlier.

This is the problem. You're reflexively defending someone's bigotry just because you think they're on "your side." (It's worth asking if those you're defending feel the same about you.)

If you think expressing racist/bigoted opinions is just "being a conservative," you're proving Jemele Hill's point.

"Never Trump" Republicans would argue that racism isn't part of the legitimate Republican platform, but, in so doing, would agree that Trump is, himself, a White Supremacist. Is racism a liberal/conservative issue or a right/wrong issue? Is Nazism a liberal/conservative issue or a right/wrong issue? Are you so stuck on being contrary that you'll reflexively oppose anything your "enemies" support and defend anything your "allies" support? If so, I'm on team oxygen. What are you breathing?

Back
Top Bottom