Isn't she an NT member?

I've been doing a Papa John's boycott since his healthcare comments. You're buggin about ESPN.

The issue is they needed to have social media rules a long time ago. They've had too many of their employees cross and tip toe the line saying whatever. So when they hand out justice they look like Roger Goodell.

In their Twitter names they have ESPN, so they are a reflection of the company.

The same thing happens when people who don't even represent the company online act reckless offline and are found out and then lose their jobs. This is our world now.

, people should be allowed to have their voice, especially when it comes to social issues

would you still watch ESPN if they had prominent conservatives as well as liberals both postulating and proselytizing their political views?

they think depending on who says what it alienates huge swaths of their audience, so effectively they're not even sticking their toe in da water.

Yeah it sucks that it seems like Jemele is the face, but some order was needed to maintain their pockets from struggling further, plus it prevents the loonies like Sage from being out there too. The worst part of this policy though is not wanting them to break sports news before ESPN gets to show it.

me 2 but da internet made that obsolete.

so they gotta fill up air time, would you watch if da aforementioned happened?

Ya i just peep youtube for highlights of games i missed the previous night

me 2 but da internet made that obsolete.

so they gotta fill up air time, would you watch if da aforementioned happened?

No. Which is why I don't watch ESPN anymore like I said before. I only used to watch in the late 90's-early 2000's for scores/highlights before school. I was never interested in their commentary, regardless of the flavor.

Jemele Hill on calling Trump a white supremacist: ‘I don’t take it back’
espn_jemele_hill_09015_c0-403-2280-1732_s885x516.jpg

Jemele Hill attending ESPN: The Party 2017 in Houston, Texas. ESPN anchor Jemele Hill has been suspended by the network for two weeks for making political statements on social media. Hill, who is African-American, received criticism from the network last month after referring to President Donald Trump as a "white supremacist." On Monday, oct. 9, 2017, Hill targeted Jerry Jones, after the Dallas Cowboys owner stated that players who disrespect the flag would not play for his team. (Photo by John Salangsang/Invision/AP, File)

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/20/jemele-hill-trump-white-supremacist-dont-take-back/

Embattled ESPN anchor Jemele Hill says she doesn’t regret calling President Trump a “white supremacist.”

In an interview on the “Now What?” podcast hosted by former NFL running back Arian Foster, Ms. Hill said the only thing she “really felt regretful about” was putting her coworkers “in some awkward positions.”

“So mostly it was just about, for me, it was just dealing with, sorting through everything at work,” she said. “It really wasn’t — I didn’t care what the president said. That was no big deal.”

Ms. Hill, the co-host of “SC6,” was suspended by ESPN for two weeks in October for a second violation of the network’s social media guidelines.

In addition to calling Mr. Trump a “white supremacist,” she called on consumers to boycott Dallas Cowboys advertisers after the team’s owner, Jerry Jones, cracked down on players kneeling during the national anthem.

On the podcast uploaded Wednesday, Mr. Foster brought up the feud between Ms. Hill and the White House with some caution.

“And so for those — and for those that don’t know, she said that Trump was a white supremacist,” Mr. Foster said. “And I know you have a — you have big brother watching.”

“I mean, I said what I said, and I don’t take it back,” Ms. Hill shot back. “Like, I ain’t need a retraction.”

“No retraction?” Mr. Foster said.

Mr. Trump a “white supremacist” was a “fireable offense.”

“She’s so trash,” Mr. Foster jumped in, referring to Mrs. Sanders. “I’m [going to] say it for you. She’s so trash.”

Ms. Hill said Mr. Trump “clearly took delight” in her suspension.

The former athlete and the ESPN personality also insinuated that Mr. Trump disproportionately singles out black journalists for criticism.

“And obviously I’m not the only journalist that has been attacked by him,” Ms. Hill said.

“And they’re mostly colored people, so,” Mr. Foster responded.

“There seems to be a commonality about all of them,” she added.

ESPN Doesn't Suspend Katie Nolan After She Calls Trump a 'Stupid Person' on Viceland
Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 11.36.59 AM.png

Katie Nolan co-hosted Twitter the ESPN pregame show on Saturday, three days after calling President Donald Trump a "stupid person." (Noam Galai / WireImage)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...mp-stupid-person-viceland-20180106-story.html

Katie Nolan co-hosted on Twitter the ESPN pregame show for an NFL game on Saturday, three days after using an expletive and calling President Donald Trump a "stupid person."

Nolan appeared on Viceland's "Desus & Mero" comedy show Wednesday night when she made the comment.

ESPN says in a statement Saturday that it "looked into the totality of Nolan's comments." The network adds that "they were inappropriate and we have addressed it with her."

Nolan joined ESPN in October, moving from Fox Sports. Nolan co-hosted the NFL Wildcard Live show for ESPN on Twitter ahead of the Tennessee-Kansas City game on ESPN.

ESPN anchor Jemele Hill criticized Trump in tweets in September. She was suspended a month later for violating the network's social media policy after tweets about Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

Last edited:
Congrats @dcallamerican !!

https://nypost.com/2018/01/26/jemele-hill-is-leaving-sportscenter/

Jemele Hill is leaving ‘SportsCenter’
By Jaclyn Hendricks

January 26, 2018 | 9:55am | Updated

Jemele Hill will depart “SportsCenter” to join ESPN’s The Undefeated, Sports Illustrated reported Friday morning.

Under the ESPN umbrella, The Undefeated focuses on the intertwining of sports, culture and race. Hill’s departure date is allegedly Friday, Feb. 2, sources told the Hollywood Reporter.

Hill, 42, was named the evening anchor on “SC6” this past February, along with former “His & Hers” podcast co-host, Michael Smith. The show was an attempt to broaden ESPN’s audience and get away from the traditional highlight show, but has not been a ratings breakout. Smith will reportedly host the show solo for the time being.

She found herself in the middle of a Twitter war with Donald Trump in September after referring to the president a “white supremacist.” She was chastised by ESPN for that comment then suspended for two weeks the following month for a second violation of the Worldwide Leader’s social media policy after a series of tweets where she suggested that Cowboys fans who were upset with Jerry Jones’ stance on the national anthem protests should boycott the team’s sponsors if they really wanted their voices to be heard.

Hill’s exit from “SportsCenter,” on the eve of her one-year anniversary is another shakeup the already rocky network has experienced over the last 12 months.Following president John Skipper’s abrupt exit in December, Hill took to Twitter, championing her former boss.

“John Skipper is one of the finest people I’ve ever worked for,” Hill stated. “He’s been incredibly supportive throughout my career at ESPN. This isn’t company-speak. I seriously cannot express how much respect I have for him.”

As for Hill’s future, she will reportedly write for ESPN’s sister vertical and host town halls. She is one year into her four-year contract.

ESPN has yet to release a statement confirming Hill’s job change.

Can't say I'm shocked. They had changed the format of the show to turn it back in to a traditional Sportscenter.

Wait ESPN owns Viceland?

I always thought the boys at Vice (on HBO) owned Viceland especially given the content.

Yeah, his & hers was a good watch. They thought them moving to sportscenter was an upgrade but it wasn’t as entertaining and when she wasn’t suspended jemele wasn’t even there most days. Sucks for michael smith. Maybe bring in hugh douglas for his new co-host.

Yeah, his & hers was a good watch. They thought them moving to sportscenter was an upgrade but it wasn’t as entertaining and when she wasn’t suspended jemele wasn’t even there most days. Sucks for michael smith. Maybe bring in hugh douglas for his new co-host.

That ain't gon happen. lol

Him and Hugh Douglas got into it at some event. That's why Hugh ain't been on ESPN in a long time.

I don't get what ESPN been tryna do lately. They took Bomani off HQ and took his podcast because he was gonna have a show with Pablo but that show is up in the air I guess. They ruined their 2 best shows.

Yeah, I know hugh got beef with him. I think he got drunk at some event and wanted to fight him. I just want to see them on tv together for my own entertainment.

Last I heard bomani and pablo’s show is still happening, I think next month. I think the main problem is that the construction of the new ny espn studio got delayed.

Michael Smith: ESPN ‘Muted’ Jemele Hill and I, Ruined ‘SC6’
finalsgame1-06012017-cavaliers-warriors-garrabrant-0078.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/michael-smith-espn-muted-jemele-hill-ruined-sc6-article-1.3809010

Smith went in on ESPN management during a recent interview on James Andrew Miller’s “Origins” podcast, saying the network ‘muted’ himself and Hill when a new executive took over “SC6” and that it “frustrated the **** out of us.”

“There was a time we weren’t even talking to each other (during broadcasts) anymore,” he told Miller. “Like no more Michael and Jemele, not less, not here and there. No more Michael and Jemele talking. No more of their commentary. It’s just strictly live shots and analysts. That’s what pissed me off so much.”

Smith went on to say that prior to the “muting,” higher-ups at ESPN had made it known that one of the best things about “SC6” was the comradery between him and Hill, who has since left the show to write for ESPN's The Undefeated.

“I’m like, so wait a second, you all acknowledge that one of the strengths that we have going for us as a show is Michael and Jemele’s chemistry, but Michael and Jemele don’t ******* talk to each other? How does that make sense?”

The decree to talk to each other less during the show came down from new ESPN executive Norby Williamson, who took over “SC6” after Hill was suspended by the network for suggesting NFL fans boycott the Cowboys. That didn’t exactly sit well with ESPN management, seeing how the network has TV deals with the league.

“We knew we were gonna get **** out of the gate... But we weren’t built to take it,” Smith said. “Immediately we started pushing the panic button. Instead of saying no, this is the vision for this show, this is what we’re doing.

“This show is about Michael and Jemele and their opinions and their chemistry, and they’re going to do ‘SportsCenter’ their way. Instead of sticking to that vision, we immediately tried to merge two things.”

While Hill has continuously expressed to angry Twitter egg heads that she left to work for The Undefeated and was not demoted there, Smith says ESPN “got what they wanted."

“It was very frustrating,” he said, “Behind the scenes and on camera. … They got what they wanted, which was Michael and Jemele being muted. And that frustrated the **** out of us.”

ESPN has been terrible for many years. It started with all those fluff morning/midday shows. Skip and SAS would just scream at each other and neither know anything. For years they were getting guys (and girls) that had the most annoying voices/accents.

The cherry on top was the SC6. I just can’t watch it. I would say I’m glad she’s gone, but I really don’t care.

I used to keep ESPNews on loop. Now, I don’t even know what channel it is on my new cable provider. I put on ESPN strictly when my teams are playing games televised on their network. That’s it. I can’t mess with PTI or ATH anymore.

Lawsuit: ESPN'S Chris Berman Left 'Racially Disparaging' Voicemail ... for Jemele Hill

0305-chris-berman-jemele-hill-tmz-getty-4.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2018/03/05/chris-berman-jemele-hill-espn-lawsuit/

ESPN legend Chris Berman left a "threatening and racially disparaging voicemail" to fellow ESPN star Jemele Hill in 2016 and nothing was done ... this according to a new lawsuit.

The woman behind the suit is NOT Jemele -- it's Adrienne Lawrence -- a former ESPN legal analyst who's suing ESPN for sexual discrimination, hostile work environment and more.

Lawrence specifically says ESPN host John Buccigross made her life a living hell after she rejected his "unwelcome advances."

In her suit, Lawrence describes ESPN as a company rife with misogyny -- and points to several alleged incidents to make her point.

0305-adrienne-lawrence-instagram-1.jpg

One such incident involves Berman and Hill.

"In early 2016, ESPN's 'The Undefeated' personality Jemele Hill received a threatening and racially disparaging voicemail from Berman on her ESPN phone line."

Lawrence claims Hill notified ESPN executive Marcia Keegan -- who oversaw Hill's show, "His & Hers" -- but ultimately "nothing was done."

Lawrence claims Berman has been involved in multiple incidents involving mistreatment of women -- but "remains a celebrated and welcome ESPN employee."

We've reached out to ESPN multiple times for comment. So far, no word back.

FrighteningBoringEasteuropeanshepherd-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom