Isn't she an NT member?

Jemele isn't ugly at all, she's a woman you can build an empire with. She's articulate, strong, and intelligent; all the makings of a dime imo.

She looks like some kinda muppet or a puppet, but you’d crack open her legs and eat it like a buffet? Or treat her box like a ballot on vote day and stuff it? The chick is alright, for when you wanna rough it. I’m playing, she looks like her P is lined with velvet. Got velour trim outside, smell like magnolias to inhale it.

I was expecting it to stop but he kept rhyming :rofl:

Jemele isn't ugly at all, she's a woman you can build an empire with. She's articulate, strong, and intelligent; all the makings of a dime imo.

The ying yang twins would disagree on your definition

She probably the coolest women that does sports but yeah looks wise she's a 5.5 and that's cool, we got Ros and Rooks for the looks.

She looks like some kinda muppet or a puppet, but you’d crack open her legs and eat it like a buffet? Or treat her box like a ballot on vote day and stuff it? The chick is alright, for when you wanna rough it. I’m playing, she looks like her P is lined with velvet. Got velour trim outside, smell like magnolias to inhale it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I just blurted out laughing.

ESPN Releases New Social Media Guidelines After Jemele Hill Suspension
Rob Goldberg

hi-res-419ff79b7adda193dad4ea9c05f88428_crop_north.jpg

Bruce Yeung/Getty Images

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2742196

After the controversy surrounding Jemele Hill's use of Twitter and her ensuing suspension, ESPN has released new social media guidelines for its employees, via ESPN Front Row.

"Our engagement on social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram should be civil, responsible, and without overt political or other biases that would threaten our or your credibility with the public," the memo reads. "Do nothing that would undercut your colleagues’ work or embroil the company in unwanted controversy."

Hill was suspended for two weeks after she apparently violated the company's social media policy.

The SportsCenter anchor seemingly recommended fans boycott advertisers following comments from Cowboys owner Jerry Jones about protests during the national anthem. She had also previously referred to President Donald Trump as a white supremacist on Twitter, which unsurprisingly led to plenty of controversy around Hill.

"I deserved a suspension," Hill told TMZ at the end of the suspension, noting that she violated the company's policy.

Among the guidelines in the new policy, the company notes "ESPN is a journalistic organization (not a political or advocacy organization)" while also saying the brand's "focus is sports." It also asks employees to "refrain from overt partisanship or endorsement of particular candidates."

disgusting that we can join in unison to roast Tyrese and Wendy Williams but not to boycott ***** *** ESPN

disgusting that we can join in unison to roast Tyrese and Wendy Williams but not to boycott ***** *** ESPN

Wendy's Williams could go away. She been talking down on brothers for years.

Tyrese is out here looking soft so he can go away too.

Wendy's Williams could go away. She been talking down on brothers for years.

Tyrese is out here looking soft so he can go away too.

I wasn't saying like "what a shame we are roasting them"...they've both put out their share of negative energy to where they will b alright from a few memes...

I was moreso saying like damn we can all get together to make this a moment and create this content...but we can't put that same energy into boycotting ESPN to show that you are either going to let Jemele rock or we're cool on you. If she can step out and make an effort to be a voice for us or at least say things that echo our sentiments, then why can't we be a voice for her...It's hypocritical to ask celebs to be real and then leave them in the cold when that's what they do (Kaep, Hill, etc.)

I wasn't saying like "what a shame we are roasting them"...they've both put out their share of negative energy to where they will b alright from a few memes...

I was moreso saying like damn we can all get together to make this a moment and create this content...but we can't put that same energy into boycotting ESPN to show that you are either going to let Jemele rock or we're cool on you. If she can step out and make an effort to be a voice for us or at least say things that echo our sentiments, then why can't we be a voice for her...It's hypocritical to ask celebs to be real and then leave them in the cold when that's what they do (Kaep, Hill, etc.)

I only watch NBA. So I watch NBATV for highlights.

Everyone should do the same. Also Ximo highlights.

Thing about black people is we are powerful. We follow each other on everything, hobbies, clothes, tattoos, slang, music, drugs, sports and haircuts all the same.

This happens when we see people who we look up to. We are so strong.

The people in power know that the people we look up to have a lot of power.

If rappers, athletes and other known black individuals would make it cool to stop supporting these white businesses then everyone would follow along.

If Jay Z, LeBron, Russ, Charlemagne, Chief Kerr, Future, etc. all started wearing dresses everyone would follow along.

This is why they're only allowed to portray things that will keep us in the same position we are in with no progression.

I always say the most powerful man in this country is a black man with a following because they can change so many things.

If all Hip Hop was about buying back the block and saving your money to invest in property we would all be on our ****. When I say all I mean majority please don't say "well I know a guy who...."

I only watch NBA. So I watch NBATV for highlights.

Everyone should do the same. Also Ximo highlights.

Thing about black people is we are powerful. We follow each other on everything, hobbies, clothes, tattoos, slang, music, drugs, sports and haircuts all the same.

This happens when we see people who we look up to. We are so strong.

The people in power know that the people we look up to have a lot of power.

If rappers, athletes and other known black individuals would make it cool to stop supporting these white businesses then everyone would follow along.

If Jay Z, LeBron, Russ, Charlemagne, Chief Kerr, Future, etc. all started wearing dresses everyone would follow along.

This is why they're only allowed to portray things that will keep us in the same position we are in with no progression.

I always say the most powerful man in this country is a black man with a following because they can change so many things.

If all Hip Hop was about buying back the block and saving your money to invest in property we would all be on our ****. When I say all I mean majority please don't say "well I know a guy who...."

Everything you just posted is facts. Wish I could rep 100 times. Hip Hop is the most powerful thing in the world because it controls what a lot of our youth values.

Everything you just posted is facts. Wish I could rep 100 times. Hip Hop is the most powerful thing in the world because it controls what a lot of our youth values.

Yeah Hip Hop is all programming. All videos are rented cribs, rented cars, rented females and fake money.

It's easy to make a joke but not so easy to create a lane like that

2 things:
1. Roasting somebody is a lot less nuanced than getting a protest started, some people haven't even seen the new rules yet (I'm just seeing them as I'm posting this). Let the information be seen and digested, this won't happen overnight.

2. ESPN looks like it's going to fail eventually with or without a protest. This may not be worth the energy.

Espn been trash.

**** like a soap opera

that's how they fell off.

awful announcing based got a comprehensive analysis on what ESPN did.

ESPN’s new social media policy says reporters shouldn’t break news on Twitter, should avoid social issues
ESPN's new social media policy isn't going to please everyone.
508675230-832x447.jpg

ESPNBy Andrew Bucholtz on 11/02/2017

In the wake of high-profile controversies such as Jemele Hill’s tweets about President Donald Trump as a white supremacist (which drew ire from the White House and Trump himself) and tweets about a boycott of NFL sponsors (which actually got her suspended), ESPN has revised their 2011 social media policy, and done so in ways that are going to mark a drastic change for their reporters if fully enforced. ESPN president John Skipper’s memo about the policy is posted on ESPN Front Row here, and the whole policy is posted here. (Here is the 2011 onefor reference.)

The new policy, which has Undefeated editor-in-chief Kevin Merida as its principal author (as per ESPN’s release), has some notable updates for commentators like Hill as well. It includes lines like “Do nothing that would undercut your colleagues’ work or embroil the company in unwanted controversy,” and wants all social media commentary on political or social issues to be approved by editors or producers. But the biggest hard-and-fast changes appear to be for those involved in hard news, who are now being told to avoid stances on political and social issues completely. And interestingly enough, the new policy repeats a part of the 2011 policy that wasn’t often enforced: to not break news on social platforms.

ADVERTISING
From the new policy:

+ Do not break news on social platforms. We want sto serve fans in the social sphere, but the first priority is to ESPN news and information efforts. Public news (i.e. announced in news conferences) can be distributed without vetting. However, sourced or proprietary news must be vetted by the Universal News Desk. Once reported on an ESPN platform, that news can (and should) be distributed on social platforms.

From the old policy:

+Do not break news on Twitter. We want to serve fans in the social sphere, but the first priority is to ESPN news and information efforts. Public news (i.e. announced in news conferences) can be distributed without vetting. However, sourced or proprietary news must be vetted by the TV or Digital news desks. Once reported on an ESPN platform, that news can (and should) be distributed on Twitter and other social sites.

If fully enforced, that rule would mean big changes. The “do not break news on social platforms” rule in particular would seemingly put ESPN at a massive disadvantage against competitors, as vetting news through a desk and posting it on an ESPN platform takes time. And that would seemingly hurt the likes of Adam Schefter and Adrian Wojnarowski, who break a ton of news on Twitter, but also have competitors in the space.

But Awful Announcing has learned that the “do not break news on social platforms” rule is still unlikely to apply to ESPN’s top newsgatherers, but will instead apply to others at the company. ESPN spokesperson Mike Soltys tweeted that this isn’t actually a policy change, so the status quo may prevail of Schefter and Wojnarowski filing their content and tweeting it out without waiting for editor approval, and that’s certainly positive for ESPN’s breaking news efforts:

A notable element of the new policy that wasn’t in the old one is telling reporters to avoid commentary on social or political issues. From the new policy:

+ Writers, reporters, producers and editors directly involved in “hard” news reporting, investigative or enterprise assignments and related coverage should refrain in any public-facing forum from taking positions on political or social issues, candidates or office holders.

The latest

The guidelines for commentary are also new, and are different:

+ The subject matter should merit our audience’s interests, and be worthy of our time, space and resources; we should be in position to discuss the issue with authority and be factually accurate.
+ The topic should be related to a current issue impacting sports, unless otherwise approved by senior editorial management. This condition may vary for content appearing on platforms with broader editorial missions – such as The Undefeated, FiveThirtyEight and espnW.
+ Commentaries on relevant sports-related issues are appropriate, but we should refrain from overt partisanship or endorsement of particular candidates, politicians or political parties.
+ The presentation should be thoughtful and respectful. We should offer balance or recognize opposing views, as warranted. We should avoid personal attacks and inflammatory rhetoric.
+ Communication with producers and editors must take place prior to commentary on any political or social issues to manage volume and ensure a fair and effective presentation.

What will this actually mean? Well, it again will depend on the enforcement, but if applied to the letter of the law, this would mean that anyone involved with ESPN’s hard news side would have to avoid any tweets on “political or social issues,” and it will be interesting to see what those are defined as.

And it also would mean that commentators like Hill would have to “communicate with producers and editors” before tweeting about anything that could be considered “a political or social issue.” That could be a big change, and could dramatically reduce the volume of ESPN personalities opining on anything at all related to social issues. But these guidelines are far more restrictive than those of many media outlets, and they might spark some blowback in the ranks if ESPN tries to fully enforce them. We’ll see how this plays out.

[ESPN Front Row]

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/new-espn-social-media-policy.html

As soon as ESPN started telling me who was "tweeting" what, I was done. I hate social media's influence on sports.

The only beef I see ESPN having with Jemele is her calling for boycotts of sponsors, basically messing with her employer's money :lol:
Aside from that, people should be allowed to have their voice, especially when it comes to social issues.

Back
Top Bottom