Israel declares War - Destruction of Gaza / Growing conflict in Middle East

no it includes a modifier for intent.
ill just keep asking it since you keep not responding.

if you have genocidal intent for a group of people. why are you ignoring the ones closest to you and the ones easiest to access?
Nah, dude. You're just wasting my time.

I've answered the question in my previous reply.

When the French military attacked the Western highlands and the Bassa regions of Cameroon in the 1950s and systematically decimated villages, killed civilians using napalm, and displaced untold amounts of people, they didn't also systematically attack Bassa and Bamileke people located in other regions of Cameroon. That is still considered a genocide.

I don't think we need to keep this back and forth going.

Last edited:

"Three Palestinian college students shot on their way to dinner.

“Two of the victims were wearing keffiyehs, police said, and they were speaking Arabic, according to the Arab American Anti-Discrimination Committee.

The suspect was described by Burlington police as a white man with a handgun who didn't say a word before firing at least four times."

yah maybe im crazy i think genocide is a pretty serious charge, and should be used accuratley.

and people cynically employ it to lend credibility and create emotional reaction so I think it's pretty important to be clear about it's meaning.

so when people get mad at politicians for not stopping a "genocide"
i think it's important to understand that it doesn't actually fit that definition.

and the conflict is not as simple as one country genociding another.

According to the Genocide Convention, which entered into force in 1951 and has been ratified by 153 states, genocide means “any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such”:

• Killing members of the group
  • Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group
  • Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part
  • Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group
  • Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group

I can see Israel's attacks and atrocities fit in each of these bullets, easy.

The world is witnessing an "unparalleled and unprecendented" level of civilian death at this rate since WWII, in one of the most packed densely populated areas of the world with only 2.2 million people.

Again, if it’s not genocide then what is it?

Like I mentioned, the unique case in this is the intent expressed from Israeli politicians and leaders are bountiful that it cannot be denied.

To find a historical comparison for so many large bombs in such a small area, we maybe have to go back to Vietnam or WWII. It is said the number of women and children since October 7 approches numbers of civilians killed by the U.S. and its allies in Afghanistan during nearly 20 years of war.

Israel completely decimated Gaza's healthcare system, which has not been seen in other wars done to this extent in recent times. In every war, you have these tactics to destroy infrastructure and civil society, but this is a scale of immiserating over such a SHORT period of time that it is really difficult to comprehend and unprecedented.

The very frightful and scary thing is that Israel's plan is to go into southern Gaza with the same genocidal fervor after the truce is over so at least doubling the number of civilians killed.

for the very first time ever i realized who the Palestinians are.

They’re natives. Just like the natives of America.

It was only Israel’s bad luck that they joined the colonialist party 300 years late, and the world changed in that time frame, making it harder for them to sweep this issue and the Palestinians under the rug.

And ofcourse most Americans now are aware of the Native American genocide that happened over here, and are aware of the blood spilled, how would it feel to have been here before generations washed that guilt away?

Manifest destiny and all that.

Nah, dude. You're just wasting my time.

I've answered the question in my previous reply.

When the French military attacked the Western highlands and the Bassa regions of Cameroon in the 1950s and systematically decimated villages, killed civilians using napalm, and displaced untold amounts of people, they didn't also systematically attack Bassa and Bamileke people located in other regions of Cameroon. That is still considered a genocide.

your link is talking about the French role in a genocide.
I don't see any part of that article that says, other Bamileke were totally safe in Cameron, and faced no reprisals and the killing was limited to one specfic part of Cameron.
you're gunna need a source for that claims

I don't think we need to keep this back and forth going.

it's cool, it's a vibes based genocide.

never mind the fact that Gaza population keeps increasing.
If this is a genocide it's the worst run one in the history of man.

1701144611111.png

your link is talking about the French role in a genocide.
I don't see any part of that article that says, other Bamileke were totally safe in Cameron, and faced no reprisals and the killing was limited to one specfic part of Cameron.
you're gunna need a source for that claims

it's cool, it's a vibes based genocide.

never mind the fact that Gaza population keeps increasing.
If this is a genocide it's the worst run one in the history of man.

1701144611111.png
So what do you call it?

I can see Israel's attacks and atrocities fit in each of these bullets, easy.

The world is witnessing an "unparalleled and unprecendented" level of civilian death at this rate since WWII, in one of the most packed densely populated areas of the world with only 2.2 million people.

except the whole like "intent" part.

again WWII during the Blitz, was Germany "genociding" the British people?
indiscriminate bombing, tons of civilian casualties, in fact the purpose was to target civillains.

do we consider it a genocide? no. because you need intent.

Back
Top Bottom