It sucks to be a Federal Employee

OPs a whiny little girl. I teach and not only do I not get a raise, I get furloughs (3 which are this week) for a total of 7 over the school year. I get to go work everyday wondering if I will be displaced due to seniority bumping or getting a pink slip because Im 3 days off from the seniority safe zone.

You have a job. The country is in dire straights; suck it up and quit complaining.

OPs a whiny little girl. I teach and not only do I not get a raise, I get furloughs (3 which are this week) for a total of 7 over the school year. I get to go work everyday wondering if I will be displaced due to seniority bumping or getting a pink slip because Im 3 days off from the seniority safe zone.

You have a job. The country is in dire straights; suck it up and quit complaining.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

The nerve of some people.

"It sucks to be a federal employee"

Really? A lot of people that WANT a job don't have one. Idiocy.
QFT
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

juggy4805 wrote:
I refuse to ever say I am overpaid and do no work. I will always feel as though I deserve a pay increase.

Are there any Federal employees or any employee for that matter that would agree with a pay freeze?
If  my employer was in dire financial straits then yes, I would understand the reasoning behind and accept a pay freeze even if I felt that I was owed more. 
I always have the choice to leave. 

Your employer, the Federal government, is running massive deficits to the tune of 1 trillion + year. 

Totally agree.

Come Dec 31st this year, its going to be 3 full calendar years since my last pay raise.  While I think I deserve one, I'm sure as hell not demanding one because I understand the situation of my company.  As a somewhat new company (going into our 9th year) we are experiencing some of the roller coaster ups and downs that a lot of upstart companies face.  I'm here for the long run, not to make a quick buck.  My goal is turn the company around back into profitability, and then I can demand my $$$ (and feel like i earned it to).  Until then, I'm just gonna continue working to grind it out and get through this rough economy.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

juggy4805 wrote:
I refuse to ever say I am overpaid and do no work. I will always feel as though I deserve a pay increase.

Are there any Federal employees or any employee for that matter that would agree with a pay freeze?
If  my employer was in dire financial straits then yes, I would understand the reasoning behind and accept a pay freeze even if I felt that I was owed more. 
I always have the choice to leave. 

Your employer, the Federal government, is running massive deficits to the tune of 1 trillion + year. 

Totally agree.

Come Dec 31st this year, its going to be 3 full calendar years since my last pay raise.  While I think I deserve one, I'm sure as hell not demanding one because I understand the situation of my company.  As a somewhat new company (going into our 9th year) we are experiencing some of the roller coaster ups and downs that a lot of upstart companies face.  I'm here for the long run, not to make a quick buck.  My goal is turn the company around back into profitability, and then I can demand my $$$ (and feel like i earned it to).  Until then, I'm just gonna continue working to grind it out and get through this rough economy.

"Working for the federal govt is the closest thing I've ever come to the NBA...Getting paid to play basketball for 1.5 hours a day during "30 minute" Lunches."

Federal workers are a joke...DOD employees and other organizations.  They milk the few hardworking folks and the rest put it on cruise control.  4 day workweeks....even 3 day workweeks.  RDOs.  Pay raises for just showing up everyday each year....wow.  No one cares to make things better/more efficient...they are just content with collecting that check. 

Irony

"Working for the federal govt is the closest thing I've ever come to the NBA...Getting paid to play basketball for 1.5 hours a day during "30 minute" Lunches."

Federal workers are a joke...DOD employees and other organizations.  They milk the few hardworking folks and the rest put it on cruise control.  4 day workweeks....even 3 day workweeks.  RDOs.  Pay raises for just showing up everyday each year....wow.  No one cares to make things better/more efficient...they are just content with collecting that check. 

Irony

Originally Posted by lostsoulswander

QFT
30t6p3b.gif

+2, I'm even thankful for having a job. But I don't have it as good as you and some other "self-entitled" government employees
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by lostsoulswander

QFT
30t6p3b.gif

+2, I'm even thankful for having a job. But I don't have it as good as you and some other "self-entitled" government employees
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I am going to back you up on this OP. I work for NASA and I consider myself to be a hard worker but man the pay here is no where near good. My friends that work in private are making 50-60k a year. Im sitting at GS-7 and will get my raise in a year to be a GS-9 then another year to be a GS-11.  Aka il be on their starting salary in about 3 years. 

One of the few things i have to look forward to is the cost of living increase to brighten up my life. But apparently not anymore....our bonuses (if you even get one) are terrible too. So people in private are bringing in 8-9k for xmas bonus. Il be lucky to see 300 bucks.

I feel for you people who are unemployed i know how hard it is. But federal vs private, pay wise, private almost always wins.

And there are a lot of lazy people in the government not going to lie.  But when you can't be motivated by money because your raises really aren't performanced based you just lose interest after 20 years.  But there are plenty of hard working individuals here.
You work for Nasa, and there are TSA supervisors, and Leads that make more money then you and your friends in private sectors 
ohwell.gif

I am going to back you up on this OP. I work for NASA and I consider myself to be a hard worker but man the pay here is no where near good. My friends that work in private are making 50-60k a year. Im sitting at GS-7 and will get my raise in a year to be a GS-9 then another year to be a GS-11.  Aka il be on their starting salary in about 3 years. 

One of the few things i have to look forward to is the cost of living increase to brighten up my life. But apparently not anymore....our bonuses (if you even get one) are terrible too. So people in private are bringing in 8-9k for xmas bonus. Il be lucky to see 300 bucks.

I feel for you people who are unemployed i know how hard it is. But federal vs private, pay wise, private almost always wins.

And there are a lot of lazy people in the government not going to lie.  But when you can't be motivated by money because your raises really aren't performanced based you just lose interest after 20 years.  But there are plenty of hard working individuals here.
You work for Nasa, and there are TSA supervisors, and Leads that make more money then you and your friends in private sectors 
ohwell.gif

Go private then, nobody is making you stay with the gov't. Gov't is not for getting rich or being "paid" or to be a "big baller". Gov't is a civil servant and as a civil servant you are sacrificing lots of money in order to serve your country more or less. If you don't think you are getting enough then by all means leave. Go, vamoose.

I have that struggle sometimes myself. I have a TS SCI security clearance and with that I can go make 6 figures as a contractor...as a matter of fact I made 100k in six months as a contractor last year, and while I could easily go back to contracting I'm staying Gov't for the long term stability and benefits. I'll let the rich be rich, I like being in on what's REALLY going on in the world better. Gov't is perfect for people who could care less about stuntin and ballin and all that other crap.

Consider yourself fortunate with what you have...NASA is nothing to sneeze at, be patient, you'll be a GS-12 to 14 in not time.

Go private then, nobody is making you stay with the gov't. Gov't is not for getting rich or being "paid" or to be a "big baller". Gov't is a civil servant and as a civil servant you are sacrificing lots of money in order to serve your country more or less. If you don't think you are getting enough then by all means leave. Go, vamoose.

I have that struggle sometimes myself. I have a TS SCI security clearance and with that I can go make 6 figures as a contractor...as a matter of fact I made 100k in six months as a contractor last year, and while I could easily go back to contracting I'm staying Gov't for the long term stability and benefits. I'll let the rich be rich, I like being in on what's REALLY going on in the world better. Gov't is perfect for people who could care less about stuntin and ballin and all that other crap.

Consider yourself fortunate with what you have...NASA is nothing to sneeze at, be patient, you'll be a GS-12 to 14 in not time.

To jking0821, wow dude you got it made. All gs 11 jobs have to start at gs7 if your entry level. I work for ssa and I'm capped at gs 9. I have to agree with the majority here that having a federal job does not suck. Good benefits , a lot of leave, a lot of OT and best of all job security. A lot of my friends in private make way more than me but I don't mind.

To jking0821, wow dude you got it made. All gs 11 jobs have to start at gs7 if your entry level. I work for ssa and I'm capped at gs 9. I have to agree with the majority here that having a federal job does not suck. Good benefits , a lot of leave, a lot of OT and best of all job security. A lot of my friends in private make way more than me but I don't mind.

homie just expressed his concerns....
and you all jump and bash on him?....

there are pros and cons to ALL jobs....let the dude vent.

Keep it movin' ....

homie just expressed his concerns....
and you all jump and bash on him?....

there are pros and cons to ALL jobs....let the dude vent.

Keep it movin' ....

Back
Top Bottom