.::It's Official, The Jewelry Thread Vol. 10: Kiddin' like Jason::.

- can someone explain to me what's so great about a jesus piece? i mean cats been rocking the same ole piece since forever. from what ive read the costscan vary alot for the same mold, but still? the same piece for over 10 years now? anything symbolic (other than it being jesus) to this specific mold or jesuspiece in general?
- i ask because it seems as if no one tries to get creative with it at all, i mean there are other popular images of jesus but they keep recreating this oneover and over.....

So what's this I'm hearing about someone robbing TYGA for his YM piece and chain while he was out on Melrose? And also his GED piece and them trying totake it to the Slauson to sell it to Ben Baller?

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

honestly ap's dont really appeal to me but that iced out joint im feeling.. to bad i dont got bread to by the regular or the iced out joint...

AND IF ANYBODY HAS ANY INFO ON THIS ANGEL PIECE GLC GOT PLEASE LEAD ME THAT WAY I NEED IT!!!
index.cfm

it was one of Ye's first pieces before the Roc Chain.

i assumed he handed it over to GLC, since he is his best friend and all.

66416f3228b21c5b95f5f0655b07d67d5358ef14.jpg

yea ive seen pics of kanye wit it before his roc chain days and figured the same but ive been looking for about 8 months to no avail where to get them from.. i was hoping for it not to be a custome job but f it.. i need that angel piece..
I think I rember reading somwhere that it was designed by some older white lady who makes items for big name celebs. I just cant rember her name.

Originally Posted by FITTED n LACED

maybe ben could make kanye's (glc's) piece bigger it'll be
pimp.gif
and with some ice....gives me an idea...
devil.gif

nah man.
smh.gif
it looks official at its og size. Prolly a lil smaller than ajesus piece with canarys
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

that name sounds familiar.

I'm feeling that Panthere up there.
pimp.gif
think he's talkin about Lorraine Schwartz, Pharrel said her name in a song before, Jay too, others. I think that she mostly designs stufffor women though, high end stuff with a lotta stones.
Originally Posted by seasoned vet

- can someone explain to me what's so great about a jesus piece? i mean cats been rocking the same ole piece since forever. from what ive read the costs can vary alot for the same mold, but still? the same piece for over 10 years now? anything symbolic (other than it being jesus) to this specific mold or jesus piece in general?
- i ask because it seems as if no one tries to get creative with it at all, i mean there are other popular images of jesus but they keep recreating this one over and over.....

If you're talkin about the Jesus piece that people kept showin on earlier pages in this thread (the Jacob piece), I think that the only thingthat's really symbolic about it is that if you got one it means that you got dough. Guess that it could be makin other statements (I can think of one inparticular but this is just Niketalk, no need to get into all that) but it's really just somethin to say that you got money or just reppin for Jesus. Asfar as lack of creativity, it's been others, Kanye did the enamel joint which was different and then he came out with the Murakami piece, that wasdifferent.

I see people joke on Trax for the hollow stuff a lot, why don't they ever offer anything to the public that's more solid? I actually seen a Jesuspiece on there that would look kinda dope to me if it was yellow and had different stones but it had a weak lookin birdcage in the back like all the rest. Imean I ain't tryin to take it too far with alla that, don't want this one to get shut down I'm just sayin.

two things

I think you answered youe own question about the jesus piece. Cats been rockin the Jacob for 10 years because its meaningful and timeless. It wouldn't beSO hot after ten years if it wasn't so, Its like a Shelby Cobra

and word up that panda cartier looks like something jonas would rock tommorrow. Ben you gotta let homie know, and throw a crazy iced out custom band on it, IKNOW THATS HIS SWAG

the good angel IS really small. even for a lightweight dude. 15% to 20% bigger and it'd be much hotter.
but if you're wearing a medium tee, you're good. GLC is a big dude, but I know he wanted to do a bigger piece. I think I've seen him wear thatjoint once.

Originally Posted by C BALE

- can someone explain to me what's so great about a jesus piece? i mean cats been rocking the same ole piece since forever. from what ive read the costs can vary alot for the same mold, but still? the same piece for over 10 years now? anything symbolic (other than it being jesus) to this specific mold or jesus piece in general?
- i ask because it seems as if no one tries to get creative with it at all, i mean there are other popular images of jesus but they keep recreating this one over and over.....

If you're talkin about the Jesus piece that people kept showin on earlier pages in this thread (the Jacob piece), I think that the only thing that's really symbolic about it is that if you got one it means that you got dough. Guess that it could be makin other statements (I can think of one in particular but this is just Niketalk, no need to get into all that) but it's really just somethin to say that you got money or just reppin for Jesus. As far as lack of creativity, it's been others, Kanye did the enamel joint which was different and then he came out with the Murakami piece, that was different.

I see people joke on Trax for the hollow stuff a lot, why don't they ever offer anything to the public that's more solid? I actually seen a Jesus piece on there that would look kinda dope to me if it was yellow and had different stones but it had a weak lookin birdcage in the back like all the rest. I mean I ain't tryin to take it too far with alla that, don't want this one to get shut down I'm just sayin.

Common man you from NY (granted upstate but still) and you dont know the significance of that specific jesus piece. Biggie was the first one to rock it (ifim not mistaken) and after that it just because almost like a staple for hip hop fashion in the 90's. If you had a Yankee fitted and a Jacob Jesus on achunky cuban you was doin it. Its not to show off how much money you got (although they do cost bread) that piece is just so classy. %@%$ just looks so illthrow on a white tee some jeans a fitted and the piece on a cuban OMG. If it was just to show off money dudes would all have ignorant pieces like plies'GOON/young buck collabo. and in all honesty i would take that jesus over almost anything posted in these jewelry threads. Thats not to say the stuff postedisnt tough cuz trust some of the %@%$ is ill but that piece is just a classic.

And as far as the trax stuff they use the least amount of materials he can and then over exaggerates specs and overprices his stuff to make money. I meandudes been talkin bout that. He probably mass produces most of that so that he can make as much money as they can. And that would make me type heated if iorder a piece from him thinkin yea im doin it, then the next week he got another one up on the site like damn.

Originally Posted by BENBALLER

the good angel IS really small. even for a lightweight dude. 15% to 20% bigger and it'd be much hotter.
but if you're wearing a medium tee, you're good. GLC is a big dude, but I know he wanted to do a bigger piece. I think I've seen him wear that joint once.

ben...lets get it made 30% bigger
pimp.gif

give me a ballpark on theprice then i'll make that run to LA to get it made

Originally Posted by BENBALLER

but if you're wearing a medium tee, you're good. GLC is a big dude, but I know he wanted to do a bigger piece. I think I've seen him wear that joint once.

ben how much do you think that same size or a bit bigger wit no ice would cost? let me know.

^dont get salty g. im agreeing wit you. kanye been wearing that since his first mixtape on the back with a black tee and some adidas when he was into em. someof yall be a lil TOO sensative....

how you gone agree with a _ and he get salty
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Young Easy

^dont get salty g. im agreeing wit you. kanye been wearing that since his first mixtape on the back with a black tee and some adidas when he was into em. some of yall be a lil TOO sensative....

how you gone agree with a _ and he get salty
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by C BALE

Common man you from NY (granted upstate but still) and you dont know the significance of that specific jesus piece. Biggie was the first one to rock it (if im not mistaken) and after that it just because almost like a staple for hip hop fashion in the 90's. If you had a Yankee fitted and a Jacob Jesus on a chunky cuban you was doin it. Its not to show off how much money you got (although they do cost bread) that piece is just so classy. %@%$ just looks so ill throw on a white tee some jeans a fitted and the piece on a cuban OMG. If it was just to show off money dudes would all have ignorant pieces like plies' GOON/young buck collabo. and in all honesty i would take that jesus over almost anything posted in these jewelry threads. Thats not to say the stuff posted isnt tough cuz trust some of the %@%$ is ill but that piece is just a classic.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] This man speaks the truth[/color]

Back
Top Bottom