It's Official Zach Randolph to LAC for Mobley and T. Thomas

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I gotta hand it to OC...he keeps them blinders on 24-7. He refuses to believe that Lebron is gonna bolt from Cleveland.
laugh.gif

Santa ain't real also...merry x-mas.
eek.gif

frown.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I gotta hand it to OC...he keeps them blinders on 24-7. He refuses to believe that Lebron is gonna bolt from Cleveland.
laugh.gif

Santa ain't real also...merry x-mas.

I can tolerate hearing that from anyone but you.

C'mon dude, ain't you busy fillin out Pro Bowl ballots?

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by CP1708

Blind optimism.

When has Donnie Walsh or D'Antoni ever won a title?

When in his prime Bron comes aboard would be my guess.
nerd.gif

I don't think there's any question that the Knicks are gonna land somebody in 2010. I just doubt they're gonna have the talent to even make Lebron himself consider going there.

you better believe hes at LEAST considered it. whether or not he goes, we dont know yet. youd have to be completely clueless or in denial to think he hasnt at least THOUGHT of playing in the garden. he said its the best arena in the world already. he doesnt need a bunch of all stars around him to make noise either (finals run with damon jones, donyell marshall, eric snow...) just take it easy. no one knows yet but just prepare for the worst!

laugh.gif
I'm saying going there considering the pieces. I'm sure every player thinks about playing somewhere else at one point or another.

But LeBron wants to win.

I guarantee if he said he cared more about the limelight and stature, people would be running a muck with it.

But facts are facts...Cleveland is the only team besides DET and SAS to make it out of the 1 round each of the last 3 years. Stability wins titles.

Cleveland will undoubtedly give him a better chance to win a title sooner rather than NYC.

You know what makes Cleveland a contender?

LeBron.

You put him on the Knicks with a more matured Lee, Nate and Chandler, and we'd be a contender too.

But there's no reasoning with you. You seem to think that nothing will change between now and 2010.

rose-colored-glasses.jpg

laugh.gif

But what does Cleveland have in 2 years?

Like I said, A 35 year old Center? A 36 year old PF?

They have Mo and a few role players...

no young pieces.

Those same holes the Knicks need to fill by then...the Cavs will have them to fill too, really even more so. And that 2nd max player thing is not a one up withthe Cavs anymore..

Think the fact of having management such as Donnie Walsh compared to Ferry may come into his mind when thinking about winning?

What can you honestly say the Cavs will have in place for LeBron in 2010 to re up?

It's the same thing you've asked about the Knicks..

Originally Posted by Al3xis

no young pieces.

Those same holes the Knicks need to fill by then...the Cavs will have them to fill too, really even more so. And that 2nd max player thing is not a one up with the Cavs anymore..

Think the fact of having management such as Donnie Walsh compared to Ferry may come into his mind when thinking about winning?

What can you honestly say the Cavs will have in place for LeBron in 2010 to re up?

Walsh who has how many titles?

Ferry has won in a front office role with the Spurs

no young pieces.

Those same holes the Knicks need to fill by then...the Cavs will have them to fill too, really even more so. And that 2nd max player thing is not a one up with the Cavs anymore..

And in a few months he cleared enough room for LeBron and another star player...

Ferry is on how many years now and the best he could do was Mo Williams, Larry hughes, or wally and Ben to give LeBron?

PJ Carlesemio was on the Spurs bench for titles, doesn't make him a good coach
laugh.gif

But just again, what do the Cavs have for 2010?

Mo (a decent PG), and....role players...that can be found anywhere.

What else? I don't expect you to say anything definitive, cause there is nothing.

All the 'what are the knicks gona have to surround him with' needs to be applied to the Cavs, big time.

Stop trying to reason with this guy.

Dude is just another NY basher who can't separate his thoughts from his emotions.

no young pieces.

laugh.gif
wait, you aren't insinuating that Ferry was the architect behind the Spurs titles are you? George Gervin won in a front office role aswell.

no young pieces.

And in a few months he cleared enough room for LeBron and another star player...

Ferry is on how many years now and the best he could do was Mo Williams, Larry hughes, or wally and Ben to give LeBron?

PJ Carlesemio was on the Spurs bench for titles, doesn't make him a good coach
laugh.gif

But just again, what do the Cavs have for 2010?

Mo (a decent PG), and....role players...that can be found anywhere.

What else? I don't expect you to say anything definitive, cause there is nothing.

All the 'what are the knicks gona have to surround him with' needs to be applied to the Cavs, big time.

Those are legitimate questions.

What happens with Wally's expiring contract is a major factor. I expect them to land a very good all-star caliber player with it by the deadline.

That would be more of a push towards winning a chip this year, which plays into whether he would want to stay or not.

Z isn't showing any signs of being on a decline, he actually playing some of the best ball of his career. Ben is on his last legs though.

New York is completely stripping their team and I don't think it's any where near the end. They will be pitiful for the next two years. Pleasedon't act as if that won't be a factor because it will.

LeBron hasn't won anything with the core here and you want to compare a similar core in NY as if the limelight will give him some magical boost.
ohwell.gif

Cleveland isn't done constructing their team that will make the run into the postseason this year yet, and they are still sitting #1 in the Central, #2 inthe East at 9-3.

Fair enough.

I don't think we'll be awful...but probably not more than 35 wins either year.

I still just think the lure of NY can be a major factor with LeBron.

Fair enough.

I don't think we'll be awful...but probably not more than 35 wins either year.

I still just think the lure of NY can be a major factor with LeBron.

I don't doubt it one bit.

But there will be many factors.

BTW this makes me sick...

Screamin A?...Way to be objective...

Dude be talkin' out his backside sometimes. Knick lover reporters FTL....

A "Beautiful day" ???? Are you serious?

Again BSPN mistakes their audience for being entirely made up of the east coast.
smh.gif

as a cavs fan, all i gotta say is we better land 1 more player by the trade deadline, and win a chip in 2 years, and outtacontrol i know we can offer lebronthe max contract, do we have enough space in 2010 to offer anything to anyone else? i know we have a lot coming off the books soon??

Hey, you can spell 'world' without N-Y-C
By Gregg Doyel
CBSSports.com National Columnist
Tell Gregg your opinion!

Maybe it's because I live in Ohio, and nobody -- but nobody -- belittles my state. (Unless I'm doing the belittling. Goes without saying.)

Maybe it's because the alleged star of this story is the city of New York, either Manhattan or Brooklyn, and nothing -- but nothing -- bugs me more than the beatification of all things New York.

LeBron is safe and sound in Ohio. Sorry New Yorkers, he has no need for you. (Getty Images)
Or maybe it's because the whole idea is stupid, and I seem to be the only person who gets it.

All of the above, probably.

Because LeBron James isn't going to New York -- not to the Knicks, not to the Nets, not to anyone -- in 2010.

That's not the party line, of course. The party line in NBA circles has LeBron opting out of his contract with Cleveland after the 2009-10 season, with the Knicks and the Brooklyn-bound Nets already doing what they can to gussy themselves up. That was one of the biggest storylines to come out of last week's NBA Draft -- the Knicks' and Nets' efforts to shed salary, improve their young talent and in general make themselves more marketable for the LeBron Sweepstakes in two years.

The unspoken shot at Cleveland, and therefore Ohio, and probably the entire Midwest, makes me want to puke.

Bunch of bumpkins out there. LeBron needs to play in a real city.

The assumption that LeBron would leave Cleveland for New York (or Los Angeles or Chicago) is so 1990s. A decade ago, the argument would have made all the sense in the world. If a superstar wanted to be treated and feted like a superstar, he had to go where the media was. That was New York, or Boston, or L.A.

Now the media is everywhere. The Internet is everywhere. Television cameras go everywhere. And something else that cannot be overlooked:

Wherever LeBron James plays, that city is a major media market.

The NBA could plant a new franchise in Wichita, and if the Cavaliers traded LeBron James there, Wichita would be on television so much you'd be sick of it. And I mean no offense to Wichita. If CBSSports.com tells me tomorrow to move from Cincinnati, and gives me a choice between Wichita and New York, I'm picking Wichita. Unlike so many in the media who believe the world revolves around Manhattan, I don't need New York.

Neither does LeBron. Why would he? To get himself a $90 million Nike deal? He got one of those out of high school, some small city called "Akron" in the nothing state of "Ohio."

« Back · 1 · 2

LeBron needs New York? Why? To get himself an iconic commercial featuring, I don't know, four likenesses called The LeBrons? Been there, done that.

Advertisement

To have his own action figure? LeBron has one of those. LeBron is close to surpassing $200 million in endorsements from that backwater state of Ohio, and he's just 23 years old. If Tiger Woods needs a loan in a couple years, he's calling LeBron. And the area code will be 216.

LeBron doesn't need New York. Now then, New York needs LeBron. Totally. The Knicks suck, the Nets are irrelevant, and the basketball-loving media in that area simply will not tolerate it. Fine. But let's get this straight: LeBron James has done just fine by LeBron James in Cleveland, and if Danny Ferry would stop screwing it up, he can win NBA titles there. LeBron doesn't have to become a moth and chase the light of New York. He's a light bulb unto himself, capable of convincing Amare Stoudemire or Chris Paul or another superstar of that ilk to flit to Cleveland.

Yes, I get the whole Jay-Z thing. The rap mogul owns the Nets and, because superstars run in cliques, he has buddied up to LeBron to the point where they're super tight, like, OMG! And LeBron might well like to play for Jay-Z. That would be natural. But does LeBron want to leave what he has to play in a city that wouldn't cater to his every whim?

Look at it like this. The Cavaliers went to China last preseason because LeBron wanted to go. His marketing team -- they have those in Ohio -- has been eyeing the 2008 Olympics in Beijing as another step in the LeGlobalization of LeBron, and having the Cavs play there last fall was a boon not only for LeBron, but also for the NBA. It takes two teams to play an exhibition game, so the Cavs were joined in China by the Magic, but NBA commissioner David Stern could barely remember. This is what he said before the game:

"Having the Cavs there is very exciting," Stern said, "as well as the Magic."

New York? The Knicks wouldn't have gone to China just to please LeBron. If the Knicks or Nets actually did land LeBron, they'd immediately make it clear that he's simply part of the franchise. In Cleveland, LeBron is the franchise. Everyone understands. LeBron wields power in Cleveland he would never have in New York. What's more, LeBron loves northern Ohio. He's one of the biggest boosters at the University of Akron. He gives and gives and gives to kids in Akron and Cleveland. He's a legend there, and he's only 23. If he leaves for another city, he's not a legend. He's a mercenary. I just don't see it happening.

Besides, LeBron doesn't need New York. He's the crossover prince of sports culture -- an interesting Tiger, a safe Kobe -- which means he doesn't need to be in the monster city to draw monster attention. Last year his marketing people (they have those in Ohio) put together a summit in Akron with executives from some of the biggest companies in the country, powerhouses like Nike, Coca-Cola and Microsoft, and spent two days talking about the multinational growth of LeBron James.

At one point LeBron took the stage and mocked shock that such a high-falutin' group would come to his neck of the woods. He said, "Who would have thought we could get you guys to Akron, Ohio?"

This was no shock, and he knew it. Even if the financial and media world is centered in New York, LeBron James doesn't have to go there.

When you're LeBron James, the world comes to you.

Knicks ain't playing around.
eek.gif

They only people they have left to get rid of is Eddie Curry and Steph.

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

as a cavs fan, all i gotta say is we better land 1 more player by the trade deadline, and win a chip in 2 years, and outtacontrol i know we can offer lebron the max contract, do we have enough space in 2010 to offer anything to anyone else? i know we have a lot coming off the books soon??

Key point- Not resigning Bron but being able to sign ANOTHER player in 2010 because Z will not be effective..... Who is going to come to Cleveland ( not a roleplayer but another superstar) in 2010??? Like it or not, The Knicks will be done with Star-Berry as well... lol... Boston will be on the decline....

Charles is an idiot if he thinks LeBron couldn't become bigger/more important in NY.

Plain and Simple.

It's not gona hurt him marketing/money wise to stay in Cle, but to think it wouldn't enhance in NY, is just dumb and wrong.

Back
Top Bottom