It's Official Zach Randolph to LAC for Mobley and T. Thomas

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Maybe it's because I live in Ohio
Maybe that is why you wrote that article, Greg Doyel.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
For real. Something tells me he wrote that against his better judgement. That was awful.
laugh.gif

Charles is an idiot if he thinks LeBron couldn't become bigger/more important in NY.

Plain and Simple.

It's not gona hurt him marketing/money wise to stay in Cle, but to think it wouldn't enhance in NY, is just dumb and wrong.

HOW?

What is it about New York that is bigger than LeBron himself?

Man, it's just NY.
laugh.gif

i can get into the business aspect of things tomorrow if this threads still goin...but the Nike contract, NY offering a global stage, MSG, etc..

It'll come down to loyalty vs. the big stage... is it important to Lebron to be the superstar on one team for his career, in his hometown no less? Or is itimportant for him to play in front of a city like New York?

But the possibility is very possible and very real, a little above a simple rumor. If you don't believe me, look how this thread has nothing to do withCleveland...

Kenny and Charles aren't making any sense for real, as much as I enjoy their commentary. Charles is wrong in saying he won't be a bigger star in NYC. I'm not even fron NYC but I realize how much influence NYC has on American culture and how NY trends spread like wildfire, particularly down the east coastwhere there is a very dense population. And Kenny picked the WORST example and I'm sure he regretted it later: "(High School) Sophmores and juniorsdon't talk about what college they want to go to". Really, Kenny? Did he realize that his comments were in the same conversation about a guy who hadNBA scouts and media following since his FRESHMAN year... of HIGH SCHOOL! So why now, is it so tacky and tasteless for LeBron to create this media storm andhype when he's been one of the most popular NBA figures since he was 16? People were wondering what team he would go to 2 years before he was even eligibleto step on an NBA court.

Neither does LeBron. Why would he? To get himself a $90 million Nike deal? He got one of those out of high school, some small city called "Akron" in the nothing state of "Ohio."

LeBron doesn't have to become a moth and chase the light of New York. He's a light bulb unto himself, capable of convincing Amare Stoudemire or Chris Paul or another superstar of that ilk to flit to Cleveland.

If he leaves for another city, he's not a legend. He's a mercenary. I just don't see it happening.

laugh.gif
@ this article

but the Nike contract, NY offering a global stage, MSG, etc..
?

NY is the biggest and brightest city in the world....the opportunities are endless. More money is made in NY, he becomes more of a global icon in NY more thanany other city.

I'm not gona act as LeBron's financial adviser on here, simply, It's really not that hard to figure out why NY > Cleveland in terms of marketingand finances.

you think Donnie Walsh did this blindly?

Why Hire Mike D'Antoni?

You think Worldwide Wes went to Knicks Training camp this fall for no reason?

Things are starting to add up....

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Man, it's just NY.
laugh.gif

Man that sounds real elitist...
ohwell.gif

Man you sound like Sarah Palin...
ohwell.gif

Dude gave no substance to his answer other than..."Its just NY"

Okay?

No, it's not okay, because you didn't even quote his whole post. I'm just jabbing at you for entertainment at this point, because this has gottenbeyond sad. You had the audacity to ask how LeBron isn't bigger than NY.

sheppardib8.png
outacontrolmusic... What was that?

laugh.gif
Okay... answer this: How is LeBron not too big for Cleveland?

Originally Posted by kash55

Wow they just cleaned out their whole roster.

Nah, they still have a lot of trash on that roster.

The Knicks are going to be trash, but their goal is the summer of '10, I guess that is what it has come too, damn
laugh.gif

Good move for the Clips, don't know why people are saying it means Kaman is gone. Why trade away a legit Center? As someone pointed out, Camby has beenhurt since he put on an NBA Uniform. He is good for 20-25 minutes a game at this point. A frontline of Kaman, Randolph and Thornton sounds good.

I'm glad Tim Thomas is gone, dude is garbage. Nothing against Cat, he was just way inconsistent.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Stop trying to reason with this guy.

Dude is just another NY basher who can't separate his thoughts from his emotions.
Amen, i've learned to just Ignore Outtacontrol Music on everything he says. Thank God for the ignore function on Yuku.

...if all this leads to Lebron coming to NY, I will become a season ticket holder for sure

but the Nike contract, NY offering a global stage, MSG, etc..
?

NY is the biggest and brightest city in the world....the opportunities are endless. More money is made in NY, he becomes more of a global icon in NY more than any other city.

I'm not gona act as LeBron's financial adviser on here, simply, It's really not that hard to figure out why NY > Cleveland in terms of marketing and finances.

you think Donnie Walsh did this blindly?

Why Hire Mike D'Antoni?

You think Worldwide Wes went to Knicks Training camp this fall for no reason?

Things are starting to add up....

Ah, well ya'll go ahead and speculate. Thats the wonderful thing about the internet.

I disagree with most of what yall say, but it is what it is. LeBron is a Cav for two more years, which is a long time...I don't have the time or energy tobanter about it anymore.

Lets see how it all plays out.

This thread reminds me of why I had outacontrol on ignore last NBA season. It's so easy to figure out why Bron would choose NY over trashy Cleveland..(mindyou I live in Akron so I'd know a little about the area). Lets look at the teams. NYK will have to ability to sign 2 max contract players on top of thefact that they will have 2 lottery picks....and their core is much younger and more talented than the Cavs. Cleveland will be able to offer........another maxcontract player and thats really it. Add to the fact that there will also be larger market teams in the running for these max contract players....no one iscoming to Cle. period. OR we could look at it financially...where you would have to be an idiot to believe Cleveland has anywhere near the ability to marketlike NY. OR we could look at the fact that he's from the area. Fine...but his best friends aren't here either. Rome is overseas....so is Dru and Sianis in Columbus. The only people still here are Maverick and Frankie. Both more than likely are gonna move wherever he does...Maverick will for sure. So theonly thing he leaves are distant friends. I can't give you a good reason for him to stay.

Knicks sacrificing present for uncertain future
by Charley Rosen

.....The speculation is that Walsh is merely adjusting the team's salary cap so they can make a big play for LeBron James in 2010.

Hmmm.

Let me get this straight.

#1. Walsh is willing to throw cold water on the burgeoning enthusiasm Knicks fans have shown for New York's early-season successes. Indeed, there hasn't been a higher level of excitement in Madison Square Garden since the halcyon days of Patrick Ewing, Latrell Sprewell, Allan Houston and Larry Johnson.

#2. And Walsh is willing to tank the rest of this season along with next season for the possibility of signing LBJ or Amare Stoudemire or whomever.

Even if James does join the Knicks in whatever sweet bye-and-bye Walsh imagines, what are the chances that his teammates-of-the-future will be superior to his current playmates in Cleveland? The only difference could very well be that LBJ will get more endorsements in the Big Apple, and he'll also be able to get egg creams and pastrami sandwiches at 3:00 in the morning.

It's not surprising that D'Antoni didn't exactly give the trades a ringing endorsement. "Donnie's got his plan and he'll execute it as he sees fit," said the new Knicks coach.

It says here that somebody should put a speed-lock on Walsh's gas pedal before he drives the Knicks into a ditch so deep that not even LeBron can rescue them.

Shaq wasn't gonna leave Orlando either, but LA was callin.

Imagine the hype that Bron would get if he restored one of the great NBA franchises to dominance. Nike will back up the Knicks with their blank check, and hecould EASILY sway another player or 3 to join him in the big apple.

If the Knicks have even a couple decent young players to add in, forget it, Bron is Knick and let the reign begin.

Knicks are global with or without Bron. Add him to the Knicks, fuggetabouit.
Cavs are only global because of Lebron. He knows that if he joins NY his legacy will grow twin fold. Only legacy he has if he stays with the Cavs is in Ohio. Not really the same ring to it ya know?

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Good move for the Clips, don't know why people are saying it means Kaman is gone. Why trade away a legit Center? As someone pointed out, Camby has been hurt since he put on an NBA Uniform. He is good for 20-25 minutes a game at this point. A frontline of Kaman, Randolph and Thornton sounds good.

I'm glad Tim Thomas is gone, dude is garbage. Nothing against Cat, he was just way inconsistent.

Exactly. Camby hasn't proved to me that he can avg 30 min a game for us on a consistent basis with all his injuries. However, we still need a solid backupSG/SF since Ricky is trash just like Thomas but CAT will be sorely missed.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Knicks are global with or without Bron. Add him to the Knicks, fuggetabouit.
Cavs are only global because of Lebron. He knows that if he joins NY his legacy will grow twin fold. Only legacy he has if he stays with the Cavs is in Ohio. Not really the same ring to it ya know?
And the only legacy Tim Duncan has is in San Antonio...

Back
Top Bottom