iTunes Organizational Thread....tricks, tips, questions.....

Nice thread.
My only tip that I use is for compilation albums, for example Ruff Ryders Vol 1.
I have the Artist as Ruff Ryders, for every song
But if you go to advanced options you can have it so it sorts under a different artist or whatever other field
So "Jigga My N" would be with the rest of my Jay-Z songs but the artist is still Ruff Ryders.

If that makes sense.

Gotta take it album by album. Check all settings/categories and edit to your liking. Album/compilation is most important for grouping. Artist and genre aren't too far behind.

Gotta take it album by album. Check all settings/categories and edit to your liking. Album/compilation is most important for grouping. Artist and genre aren't too far behind.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by JD214

I just organize as I download, It's the easiest way
pimp.gif
Exactly. You gotta build a library. Don't go nuts and get 20,000 songs, then one day say 'Damn. I listen to 10% of this, and can't find %*%$ for %*%$. I should do something about this.'
You're better off deleting everything you don't listen to, planned on listening to but didn't for more than 3 months or is just so badly labeled it's offensive. Work your way up, not down.

Exactly. With every Song/Album/Movie/Television show I download, I get everything tagged, organized, and I get album artwork and movie posters for EVERYTHING. I hate when things aren't right in my itunes
laugh.gif

tunes.png

This is a really good thread, I hope it keeps going 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by JD214

I just organize as I download, It's the easiest way
pimp.gif
Exactly. You gotta build a library. Don't go nuts and get 20,000 songs, then one day say 'Damn. I listen to 10% of this, and can't find %*%$ for %*%$. I should do something about this.'
You're better off deleting everything you don't listen to, planned on listening to but didn't for more than 3 months or is just so badly labeled it's offensive. Work your way up, not down.

Exactly. With every Song/Album/Movie/Television show I download, I get everything tagged, organized, and I get album artwork and movie posters for EVERYTHING. I hate when things aren't right in my itunes
laugh.gif

tunes.png

This is a really good thread, I hope it keeps going 
nerd.gif

I'm starting to take things album-by-album. Better late than never, right?
laugh.gif
Organizing is becoming addicting. I'm not an anal-retentive person by any means, but once I started...I couldn't stop.
laugh.gif

*Question...why do people condescendingly ask "Why are you using iTunes?" but not list what they're using, and WHY it's better? 

laugh.gif
Organizing is becoming addicting. I'm not an anal-retentive person by any means, but once I started...I couldn't stop.
laugh.gif

*Question...why do people condescendingly ask "Why are you using iTunes?" but not list what they're using, and WHY it's better? 

I have the organizing part down. Ive been only having one problem i want to take care of and that is ripping my music. Currently i have my import setting set to rip at 256 (VBR-itunes plus), which is the "best" default it has but i want to re-rip all my music to 320 kbps. Anyone knows how i should go about this, as in i need a program to do so or is it a way i can do it in the itunes import settings. (im really looking to rip in 320 ACC which is what i read is the best that i could rip my cds in)

I have the organizing part down. Ive been only having one problem i want to take care of and that is ripping my music. Currently i have my import setting set to rip at 256 (VBR-itunes plus), which is the "best" default it has but i want to re-rip all my music to 320 kbps. Anyone knows how i should go about this, as in i need a program to do so or is it a way i can do it in the itunes import settings. (im really looking to rip in 320 ACC which is what i read is the best that i could rip my cds in)

I've got mine mad organized. Now some of you recommend me some "new" music to listen to. Looked at hella handsome's pic up there, and DLed that CuDi tape
nerd.gif

I've got mine mad organized. Now some of you recommend me some "new" music to listen to. Looked at hella handsome's pic up there, and DLed that CuDi tape
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

What do y'all do when those new singles come out with no artwork available?

I make a playlist and call it "Singles" and I find a nice picture of the artist.

Originally Posted by quik1987

What do y'all do when those new singles come out with no artwork available?

I make a playlist and call it "Singles" and I find a nice picture of the artist.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Same here.  Finally got around to organizing *some* of the many tracks I have that are under "Unknown Album."

I've also begun listening to a lot of music album by album, or in a playlist.  Sometimes I don't get people who take out their iPods and spend 75% of the time hitting the "next" button, all while a bunch of songs with the default white "cover" with the music note appear
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Same here.  Finally got around to organizing *some* of the many tracks I have that are under "Unknown Album."

I've also begun listening to a lot of music album by album, or in a playlist.  Sometimes I don't get people who take out their iPods and spend 75% of the time hitting the "next" button, all while a bunch of songs with the default white "cover" with the music note appear
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom