Jay-Z-In My Lifetime Vol,1

Do You Guys Consider This Classic Even Hova Said He Has 3 Classics In One Of His Songs off the Blueprint so what you'll think?

Originally Posted by Remi23

Do You Guys Consider This Classic Even Hova Said He Has 3 Classics In One Of His Songs off the Blueprint so what you'll think?
Jay said this was one song short of a "classic", cuz of I know what girls want. I personally love this album and I think it'sHov's third best but not many will agree with me on that.

personal classic...

i personally woulda left off I Know What girls Like...but the album is straight piff..

From the trials and pitfalls of being a celeb on Lucky Me to watchin out for grimy _s on SIW to talkin about fake ballers on IP, this album got it all..contentwise i think it's one of his best albums...

I put RD BP and the black album ahead of it. But it's his 4th best in my opinion followed by American Gangster

it's his third best album imo...only RD & The Black Album are better. It's a lot closer to being a classic than Blueprint that's for sure

It's a personal classic to me, but I wouldn't consider this a classic album in the hip hop sense. Depending on my mood between Vol. 1 and AmericanGangster this is his 4th best album to me.

classic to me just so happens to have drop during the puff daddy era so I Know What girls was a filler

The City Is Mine
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

personal classic...

i personally woulda left off I Know What girls Like...but the album is straight piff..

From the trials and pitfalls of being a celeb on Lucky Me to watchin out for grimy _s on SIW to talkin about fake ballers on IP, this album got it all..content wise i think it's one of his best albums...
[color= rgb(153, 255, 255)]yeah def a personal classic to me. i heard this before i heard RDcompletely[/color]
embarassed.gif
[color= rgb(153, 255, 255)]. but this is prolly my favorite one. minus i know what girls like i want someoneto tell me this isn't a classic ... it's pretty gutta x lyrical [minus that track & sunshine][/color]

The forum regs know how I feel about this... I've went one record debating that it was better than RD to which I was ridiculed and isolated. Minus thatabombination Puff was responsible for... I don't skip anything
pimp.gif

Where I'm From > any other song in his catalog. Yea I Said It!!!

over rated imo
classic maybe in some peoples eyes

but BP and AG are better than this album

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

The forum regs know how I feel about this... I've went one record debating that it was better than RD to which I was ridiculed and isolated. Minus that abombination Puff was responsible for... I don't skip anything
pimp.gif

Where I'm From > any other song in his catalog. Yea I Said It!!!
His flow was something serious
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
on that track.

"I'm from the place where the church is theflakiest
And #%+@%* is praying to god so long that they Atheist
Where you can't put your vest away and say you'll wear ittomorrow
Cause the day after we'll be saying, damn I was just wit him yesterday
"
smh.gif
laugh.gif

'Where I'm from', 'There's Been A Murder' and 'Soon You'll Understand' are mytop J' songs.

Album is ok not bad, far from a classic. Its a hit or miss album

Dope Songs

Intro/A Million And One Questions
Friend Or Foe 98
Rap Game/Crack Game
Where Im From

aight songs

Imaginary Player
Streets is Watching
Face Off
Real N____
Who You Wit

Wack Songs

The City Is Mine
I Know What Girls Like
Sunshine

The rest of the songs were average

I never skip any of the songs on this CD except I Know What Girls Like. Hell, even Sunshine gets played. This CD is his 4th best, after RD, Blueprint, andBlack Album

Originally Posted by mossman75

Dope Songs

Friend Or Foe 98
Rap Game/Crack Game
Where Im From

aight songs

Imaginary Player
Streets is Watching
Face Off
Real N____
Who You Wit

Wack Songs

The City Is Mine
I Know What Girls Like
Sunshine

The rest of the songs were average
You Forgot Wishing On Star Which Is
pimp.gif

Lets keep it all way boss...I remember when I first got on here, N's was talkin bout Vol. 1 being on of Jay's worst albums. It wasnt until me, Cake,and a couple others to start waking N's up for dudes to start seeing the light...

Dope
tired.gif
Songs

Friend Or Foe 98
Rap Game/Crack Game
Where Im From

aight songs

Imaginary Player
Streets is Watching

Face Off