Jay-z wouldn't have had a career if Biggie and Pac didn't die - snoop

it's not my fault that you didn't get it the first time!

Sure it is. You make no sense. And you're missing the point of what we're discussing.

So whatever point you're trying to make now, this late in the game, is moot.

Meaning every year he dominated the rap game? NO

Meaning his flow stayed either mediocre of above par for 15 straigh years? Yeah

this...thats da ONLY reason we bring it up.

im still :lol: that some of ya think reasonable doubt is better then its dark and hell is hot.

you can put both those albums on any metric (sales, lyrics, cultural impact, singles,etc) and DMX's first

album will tidal wave over it.
Only thing Is dark and hell is hot has over reasonable doubt is sales & cultural impact

Reasonable doubt had better singles

Lyrically by far better

Better production

Just a overall better album point blank
not sure if serious....

get at me dog?

ruff ryders athem??

how's it going down?

stop being greedy?

with dame grease and swizz beatz in their PRIME? nah b..

there's a reason DMX's album had a greater cultural impact, cuz it was something

that was so ILL it rocked da rap landscape...you can' do that having a inferior album.

lyrically da jay-z album is a tad bit better, but da DMX is no slouch...prayer?

****** done started something? pssh...that whole album front to back is a masterpiece.
Stop fronting champ.  LOL @ a "tab bit better". Not to take anything away from DMX, but lyrically it's not even close or should be thought of as such.  

This thread went south QUICK. Its one thing to debate who's better between Nas/Jay(as per the NT unwritten rule), but its like folks can't like both.

dudes hating on nelly now 
mean.gif

Not really.

Just "hating" on a fool.

This thread went south QUICK. Its one thing to debate who's better between Nas/Jay(as per the NT unwritten rule), but its like folks can't like both.

Fools can't like both.

I love both.

Anyone in their right mind would.

They both NICE.

they both nice but dudes are out here saying that dark and hell is hot >>> reasonable doubt, and that mase was king of new york????
mean.gif

All I'll say is Reasonable Doubt>Its Dark and Hell is Hot>Harlem World. And I own and love all three albums.

Let me open this can of worms. Had BIG not died and him and Nas began a feud, who would have won :nerd:.

Last edited:
OK. So you don't respect me. Cool.

And your respect means nothing to me because you have yet to say anything I deem to be even remotely intelligent.

So we good now?

Man post on your real SN LOL

You're bring nothing to thread but more nonsense ..

I agree this thread been died and it needs to be locked.

Last edited:
jay-z never "ran" any era...he knows once you have the top stop the only place to go is down.......in the 90's dmx dropped 3 albums in 3 years and did 4 million , 3 million and 5 million...jay never reallyhad a run like that....

and in the 2000's.....

2000-2005

NELLY

country grammar : 9 million

nellyville : 6 million

sweat :1 million

suit : 3 million

19 million

eminem

marshall mathers LP : 12 million

the eminem show : 11 million

encore : 5 millon

28 million

50 cent

get rich or die trying : 8 million

the massacre : 5 million

13 million

ludacris

back for the first time : 3 million

word of mouf : 3 million

chicken n beer 2 million

red light district 2 million

10  million

jay-z

dynasty : 2 million

blueprint : 2 million

blueprint 2 : 2 million

the black album : 3 million

9 million

5th best selling rapper of that "pre-retirement", pre-youtube era

then there was...

2005-2010

lil wayne

carter 2 : 1 million

carter 3 : 4 million

rebirth : 500k

i am not a human being 500k

6 million

T.I

KING : 2 million

TI VS T.I.P : 1 million

papertrail : 2 million

5 millon

kanye west

late registration : 2 million

graduation : 2 million

808's and heartbreaks : 1 million

my beatiful dark twisted fantasy : 1 million

6 million

young jeezy

thug motivation 101 : 2 million

thug motivation 102 : 1 million

the recession : 1 million

4 million

eminem

relapse : 2 million

recovery : 4 million

6 million

jay-z

kingdom come : 1 million

american gangster : 2 million

the blueprint 3 : 1 million

4 million

once again in 5th place , tied with jeezy for 5th at that.....i didnt throw in outkast because they are a group but you can throw them into the 2000-2005 category too if you want

but aside from eminem , who's career would you rather have? honestly none even come close

jay-z's genius was retiring and letting 50 punch himself out , not devoting albums just for woman like nelly and aligning himself with the right people like beyonce while letting go of certain people like damon dash before dames temper ruined something huge like his one nation contract.....knowing when to sell rocawear etc.......he knew it was all about timing and decisions

Last edited:
Ill giving him this he's been the most relevant artist along with snoop to do it for so long

Ill giving him this he's been the most relevant artist along with snoop to do it for so long
relevant as in what? Snoop Dogg to me is the most wack great rapper, I don't think he made a great album in a decade. So imo as an artist, he hasn't been relevant in a while...nobody is checking for his music anymore.

Last edited:
Fools can't like both.

I love both.

Anyone in their right mind would.

They both NICE.
But this is also folly. I make it no secret that Jay-Z is my favorite musician ever, but I dont like Nas at all. It has little to do with their beef, the constant comparisons or any of that. Cam and Jay beefed, and I still like Cam, Jay and Big are compared nonstop and I still like Big, I just dont like Nas. Never cared for his music in the slightest. Someone can like one and not like the other for a myriad of reasons, it does nothing to discredit anyone.

Last edited:
relevant as in what? Snoop Dogg to me is the most wack great rapper, I don't think he made a great album in a decade. So imo as an artist, he hasn't been relevant in a while...nobody is checking for his music anymore.

The same could be said for j****. A lot of people have grown tired of him rapping about his biz ventures that they can't relate too and situations they can't imagine in there day to day lives. If it wasn't for his collabs and him jumping on remixes every once in a while he would of been nas status ( which ain't a bad thing )

The same could be said for j****. A lot of people have grown tired of him rapping about his biz ventures that they can't relate too and situations they can't imagine in there day to day lives. If it wasn't for his collabs and him jumping on remixes every once in a while he would of been nas status ( which ain't a bad thing )
no, Jay skills might not be what they once were, but he is mos def better at making tracks than Snoop Dogg and it's not even close. Snoop hasn't done an album in a decade that has been still talked about. 

He was the highlight of WTT

Back
Top Bottom