Jay-z wouldn't have had a career if Biggie and Pac didn't die - snoop

We're all STILL waiting on Jada to arrive champ.  That, as well as that "hot summer" by Cam.
Jay Z sabotoged Purple Hazed ...

Cam was on his way to running NY rap ..
purple haze was DEFINITELY pushed back a year and change which is why he left def jam

cam as a solo artist wasn't running NYC rap, as dipset though they were on their way, but g-unit was TOOOO on fire

Not even a Jay-Z stan/fan, but Roc La Familia was trash? Really?
mean.gif
compared to tupac's Me against da world? that **** is hot dookie...

let's not even talk about all eyez on me or 7 day theory....  and this is me who BLEEDS NYC rap music...

honestly what was the reason for purple haze delay ? i know people pull the jay card cause he was president of def jam at the time and still has ill will toward cam but was it really that ?
It was exactly that. Jay wanted no parts of the Diplomats on Roc-A-Fella. He probably would have changed his tune and rode them the same way he rides Kanye of whom he didn't like as a rapper.

The Jay-Z Stan's on this board are rediculous. I never knew real life slurping was possible through a computer screen.

Carry on though fellas.

snoop dogg is a living legend :nthat:

and he a beast cuz he still :smokin

Lmao he's the biggest Sell Out in the music industry just like Ice Cube. Im not saying that they werent good back in their days b/c i like all of the songs they made. Im just wondering what ever happened to the tough guy act?

Last edited:
LOVE to ignore that DMX RULED rap music in 1998-2000
Honestly, a case can be made that both DMX and Jay Z were running rap music from 98-00.  Jay Z for sure from 98-00, DMX more so from 98-99 if anything.

snoop dogg is a living legend :nthat:

and he a beast cuz he still :smokin

Lmao he's the biggest Sell Out in the music industry just like Ice Cube. Im not saying that they werent good back in their days b/c i like all of the songs they made. Im just wondering what ever happened to the tough guy act?

They actually grew up and realized where the REAL money was...

look at part 1 of the interview on youtube

Kiddies here saying that every Pac album is trash is like kids wearing Jordans but then say thay LeBron or Kobe is better. That right there is why we hate and have no respect for the young group

Last edited:

let's not even talk about all eyez on me or 7 day theory....  and this is me who BLEEDS NYC rap music...

I never made THAT comparison and would be a fool to. I'm a west coast dude at heart even though I grew up down south, I ****** with Wu-Tang, Mobb Deep, Nas, Jay-Z, etc from that era. That said, you just mentioned Pac's best two albums. Some would argue Me Against the World should be mentioned, but personally speaking, angry Pac was the best Pac.

Last edited:
Kiddies here saying that every Pac album is trash is like kids wearing Jordans but then say thay LeBron or Kobe is better. That right there is why we hate and have no respect for the young group

The disparaging of Pac on here is comical to say the least.

Honestly, a case can be made that both DMX and Jay Z were running rap music from 98-00.  Jay Z for sure from 98-00, DMX more so from 98-99 if anything.

At no point was Jay-Z higher then DMX during DMX's span of 1st 3 albums... He was a super nova.

I never made THAT comparison and would be a fool to. I'm a west coast dude at heart even though I grew up down south, I ****** with Wu-Tang, Mobb Deep, Nas, Jay-Z, etc from that era. That said, you just mentioned Pac's best two albums. Some would argue Me Against the World should be mentioned, but personally speaking, angry Pac was the best Pac.

I have to disagree. Angry pac was the worst pac. Angry pac would just rap about sipping Hennessy and riding on his enemies and trying to not see the cemetery. Pac was at his best when he was making music like dear momma and I wonder if heaven got a ghetto etc.

Jay-z Stans kinda remind me of Kobe stans and I say that as a Laker fan.

You see Kobe stans trying to change history in regards to Kobe's role on earlier teams where Shaq was without a question the dominant force. With Jay-Z fans you see them trying to rewrite history and make it seem like he was on a much higher status/platform back in 96 then what he really was.

I have to disagree. Angry pac was the worst pac. Angry pac would just rap about sipping Hennessy and riding on his enemies and trying to not see the cemetery. Pac was at his best when he was making music like dear momma and I wonder if heaven got a ghetto etc.

While I do hear what you're saying and I do like his more social and political music hearing angry Tupac rap was like watching a great boxing match. It got you up out of your seat like you were in the ring. Before Tupac became angry Tupac can you name one rapper that rapped with that kind of fury?

It has become commonplace now, but I can't recall ONE rapper before him that sounded like he was spazzing out and sweating in the studio before Pac came with that venom. Even Mobb Deep when they were going at Tupac had more of a laid back flow. Not even Bone Thugs with their rapid fire double time rhymes had that venom. They sounded like they were humming church hymns in comparison.

I mean I appreciate Pac's more "conscious" music, but dudes like Public Enemy, KRS-1 and plenty of others had already carved out that lane during that same time so really it wasn't anything new or interesting to me. Sure he painted some interesting pictures, but you're trying to tell me he was all Hennessy and enemies? Have you ever listened to "Me and My Girlfriend", "Toss It Up", "Blasphemy" or "Against All Odds"? How about "Picture Me Rollin", "How Do You Want It" or "2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted"?

At no point was Jay-Z higher then DMX during DMX's span of 1st 3 albums... He was a super nova.

People kill me when they don't acknowledge this. DMX was killing everything.

From 98' til 00' DMX was the man. I agree that it really was around BP 1 were Jay really started to make his run as the head dude.

And I have no Idea how anybody can say that vol 1 is Jay's best album. That **** is crazy man. Straight crazy...

Lets just break this down champ. Bar for bar, lyric for lyric, song for song.....who was better from 98-00?? Dmx or Jay??

Lets just break this down champ. Bar for bar, lyric for lyric, song for song.....who was better from 98-00?? Dmx or Jay??

I know you weren't talking to me but IMO in 98 DMX was. I will put it to you this way.

It's Dark in hell is hot > everything Jay did except RD, BP, and BA

So basically in 98' til 00 you had Vol1 thru Vol3 I believe. And it's dark and hell is hot is better than all 3 of those albums.

None of those albums are classics IMO Its Dark and hell is hot is.

Like I've said before Jay only has 3 classic albums and none of the 3 came out 98' til 00

RD(96')
BP(01')
BA(03')

Edit- vol2 came out in 98' so his 3 albums in that time had to be

Vol2
Vol 3
The dynasty

It's dark and hell is hot is still better than those 3 albums.

Last edited:
All of this
But jay and dmx had a battle in the early 90s'
Remembered this story came out right around when money, cash, h*es came out
And if you don't think dmx was hotter then jay at the time , then why did he put him on a song and dmx never did (can't count the super group murder inc irv gottie tried to put together with ja rule and his first album)
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/inter...oyale-jay-z-dmxs-1990s-bronx-battle-revisited
And who remembers this cover
http://hiphopmagazinearchive.com/2012/07/26/xxl-magazine-vol-3-no-3-ja-rule-dmx-jay-z-cover/
Good old days man

Let's not forget the behemoth that was Eminem during this period that dudes is claiming that Jay was running rap.

:smh:

From MMLP to 8 Mile Em pretty much was the top rapper so Jay running rap from whenever to present is absurd.

I've said it in another thread, but dudes was quick to downplay it... this dude Jay always trying to align himself with who's hot so he can stay in the limelight and stay relevant.

Longevity does not equal legendary...

First when he came on the scene he was **** riding nas and big, then when big died he went to dmx, then ja rule, then he got ethered, then he tried to parlay with Cam when Oh Boy started getting hot and Cam shut that down quick, then "retirement", then a really good move for his career with getting with Beyonce, then he started aligning with Kanye to ride off his wave (Kanye isn't really really hot anymore), now he's with Justin Timberlake, now all of the sudden that Kendrick Lamar is the hottest MC he jumps on a song with him... see what I mean this dude Jay is smart as hell though I'll give hime that... everything about him is to help further himself (B included because as soon as her star starts to fade he'll probably bounce out like he did everyone else).

This dude Jay :lol: ... what's next this dude gonna link up with Adele, One Direction, Simon and Garfunkel... doesn't matter though as long as whoever it is that can keep his star shining... I don't blame him though it's an extremely smart move for his career.

Truthfully I'm not a big Jay fan like some on here, but I would want his career out of everyone else so...

I'm gonna chill on this topic though :lol: just gonna see if Deuce King is going to be able to prove ninjahood wrong on his theories.

I know you weren't talking to me but IMO in 98 DMX was. I will put it to you this way.

It's Dark in hell is hot > everything Jay did except RD, BP, and BA

So basically in 98' til 00 you had Vol1 thru Vol3 I believe. And it's dark and hell is hot is better than all 3 of those albums.

None of those albums are classics IMO Its Dark and hell is hot is.

Like I've said before Jay only has 3 classic albums and none of the 3 came out 98' til 00

RD(96')
BP(01')
BA(03')

Edit- vol2 came out in 98' so his 3 albums in that time had to be

Vol2
Vol 3
The dynasty

It's dark and hell is hot is still better than those 3 albums.

Well, I'll just say this:

The second rapper to have two albums debut at NUMBER 1 on the Billboard charts in the same year is DMX - he did so in '98...

...the first rapper did it in '96, his name was 'Pac.

If we're talking number only, because "men lie, women lie, numbers don't" - between Jay and X, '98 belonged to X...

Back
Top Bottom