JB- CAN WE GET A ALL STAR XI COLUMBIA BLUE RETRO

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

I've never heard them called "All Stars" before. Do you mean the white/columbia blue/black CW? they first came out in 1996 & were retroed in2001

Well these have several nicknames.While columbias is the most usedOne, they are also known as theUNC, allwhites and ASG XI.

Im a fan of 11s just like the next guy, but I dont think these are worth a xmas release.

the aniversary 11s from last yr are practially the same shoe besides the bottoms.

I'd rather get these in some type of pack, maybe an "all star-pack" with those and other pair he wore in an all star game.

wish JB could retro the all-star jersey he wore that game...but that will never happen

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

My deadstock retro's from 2000 are yellowed beyond belief... so much so that they're not even yellow in color... they look like they yellowed to a khaki color
sick.gif

I too would welcome a retro of these!

That's why I got rid of mine. They weren't THAT yellow, but I could see where they were headed:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Every other 11 is a holiday release, hit has to be on the list either next year or sometime later on

Originally Posted by voterobformayor

wish JB could retro the all-star jersey he wore that game...but that will never happen

No and thats why i'm taking matters into my own hands.

Got my M&N blank, waiting for the correct side panels to arrive. then its off to the tailor to get customized.

img0237nt.jpg

Originally Posted by snkrhd75

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

My deadstock retro's from 2000 are yellowed beyond belief... so much so that they're not even yellow in color... they look like they yellowed to a khaki color
sick.gif

I too would welcome a retro of these!

That's why I got rid of mine. They weren't THAT yellow, but I could see where they were headed:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Interesting....when the outsoles yellows on the OG's they look almost identical to the 2001 retro.
Actually mine 2001 columbias were not having the same yellowish outsole like the 2000 concords and spacejams

but hat a darker blue/grey stitch instead. All of them in our Footlocker store had that outsole. Maybe from different batch.

The white patent has yellowed a bit but less than on that pic. I remember the white patent on the OGs yellowed very quick.

I remember i saw several guys in the USA wearing them in summer 1996 and all of them seem yellowish.

Mine 2001 retro started to yellow many many years later after purchase and wearing.

I know these will have a nice blue sole when they retro again. Look at the metallic 5's that just came out. Probably the blue-est(?) sole I have ever seen in my life.

Love My OG's. But have to say I hope they don't retro them.
would hate seeing everyone rocking em, like beaters...
2hdmhqf.jpg

Obsidian XII's coming 2012...Best believe these are coming Christmas '12, and Im not even mad. Another grail to be checked off the list.

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

i love this shoe and did the og sole dye for mine!
*pic*

wow...love em. Love em. You did an excellent job on that tint. 
I wish my retros weren't such beaters, I need another pair. As of late, I haven't been a fan of the blue tinted soles (XI lows, Metallic Vs, CGs and Concords etc) but THESE are def. worthy of that blue tint. BRING 'EM BACK.

Originally Posted by endemic415

found more pictures on my HD of MJ All Star game in san antonio, i think it was the only time he ever wore these in an NBA game
look at this lineup!!! i'd take these 5 over any 5 any day!!! jordan, pippen, oneal, hardaway, and hill

would def love to see these retro again!! the og was my very first pair of jordan's got them in the 8th grade unfortunately i got rid of mine after i graduated from HS.. can't wait to someday wear them again

Go over to SDS(slamdunkspace), he'll be happy happy to remake you a pair. According to the guys in the concord thread it's ok to remake pairs of space jams 2 years later and it's also ok for shoes to come oddly shaped before release date.

Because he's 100% authentic just check out that concord thread pure comedy.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Originally Posted by voterobformayor

No and thats why i'm taking matters into my own hands.

Got my M&N blank, waiting for the correct side panels to arrive. then its off to the tailor to get customized.

img0237nt.jpg
whoa dude can you give like complete details of how you are doing this?   i wouldnt do it myself but i think what you are doing is sick.  how are you getting the letters done?  you can order blanks from m&n?  i didnt even know they made anybody in the east 96 all star jersy for sale?  what do you mean correct side panels?  is the tailor going to just sew the numbers and all star stuff etc on for you? do you have a special tailor or did you just bring the idea to one and they are doing it for you? 
sorry for all the questions, you got me hype right now
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

read in another post that using seaglow with rit might get rid of the yellowing on patent leather, what do you guys think?

With the rurmors of the Black/Red XI's (I'll never use Bred) possibly replacing the Columbia's as this years XI retro I think we should make it clear a correct Columbia XI needs to be retroed before a third Black/Red XI release happens.

Like them or not they need to be released properly with the blue sole that made the originals a classic! You really can't say the 2001 release was a true Colombia retro with the soles it had and the anniversary XI's shouldn't even be talked about in the same sentence!

If anyone important reads this board hopefully they will see that there is a demand for this XI and for some people it's finally a chance to own the shoe we missed out on in 1996.

Originally Posted by Josh311

With the rurmors of the Black/Red XI's (I'll never use Bred) possibly replacing the Columbia's as this years XI retro I think we should make it clear a correct Columbia XI needs to be retroed before a third Black/Red XI release happens.

Like them or not they need to be released properly with the blue sole that made the originals a classic! You really can't say the 2001 release was a true Colombia retro with the soles it had and the anniversary XI's shouldn't even be talked about in the same sentence!

If anyone important reads this board hopefully they will see that there is a demand for this XI and for some people it's finally a chance to own the shoe we missed out on in 1996.
Why gravedig tho? 

Back
Top Bottom