Jerry Jones IS Interested ... But Getting Outbid ...

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

some people just arent too smart ... smha
Well, we are talking about Michael Vick. I dont think dude is the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Originally Posted by ALSDAMAN24

People pull stuff out of their $%! like this in order to get a reaction from people. This is total speculation based on Jerry's past acquisations, no sources. Jerry just spent over $10 million dollars to get rid of the media circus around Dallas, why in the hell would he invite more. The way ESPN gets an errection when there is juicy Cowboy rumors, I'm pretty sure they would be all over this if they found out their interested.
ummm did you miss my post? it didnt make sense to me either but he just watched his offense work out all summer and just started to feel the loss in profit from not having TO ... it doesnt really fit totally with what he has been doing but it makes sense when you think about it deeper ...

again, i got this from an agent in the NFL ... 1 year minimum contract, if no one else comes with a better offer he will become a cowboy barring any late back outs by jerry ... also, vick WILL be reinstated within the week ...

I'll believe it when it happens.

It's only a matter of time before T.O. throws somebody under the bus. That's why T.O. is gone. Vick wont say anything crazy to media and put somebodyon blast. And T.O. fallin off anyway. Roy Williams got way more upside than T.O.. You can throw a bad pass to Roy Williams; If stuff aint in the bread basketfor T.O., he aint making the catch - and even if it is in the basket...it's still not a sure thing. For somebody with his conditioning, you would think hewould be beasting on dudes like Fitz'. T.O. rarely leaves the ground.

To the point: Cowboys have nobody explosive as far as YAC is concerned - Miles Austin is a straight line dude- could u imagine a bubble screen to Vick
eek.gif
smh.gif
...DBs' ankle bracesbetter tight. Vick on a drag route or a 9
smh.gif
. Let him gradually get his work in at QB (at practice), and use his athleticism all over the field on gameday. 2years away from football means lost athleticism?
indifferent.gif
Vick must feellike he's 18 right now
laugh.gif
. Fresh as he's ever been. Vick needs toget on the field - period. Worry about your pride and giving up QB (for a lil bit) later.

Cowboys should of sign that Hawkins dude off 4th & Long
laugh.gif

It's only a matter of time before T.O. throws somebody under the bus. That's why T.O. is gone. Vick wont say anything crazy to media and put somebody on blast. And T.O. fallin off anyway. Roy Williams got way more upside than T.O.. You can throw a bad pass to Roy Williams; If stuff aint in the bread basket for T.O., he aint making the catch - and even if it is in the basket...it's still not a sure thing. For somebody with his conditioning, you would think he would be beasting on dudes like Fitz'. T.O. rarely leaves the ground.

You serious? ROy has more upside than TO? i disagree whole heartedly. To hands werent always there but straight up, as a Cowboys fan, Romo is notall there when it comes to his throws. Its not a question whether you can throw a bad pass to Roy, but will these two even "click" whatsoever.

but im hopin for the best, and its not Vick at WR
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

It's only a matter of time before T.O. throws somebody under the bus. That's why T.O. is gone. Vick wont say anything crazy to media and put somebody on blast. And T.O. fallin off anyway. Roy Williams got way more upside than T.O.. You can throw a bad pass to Roy Williams; If stuff aint in the bread basket for T.O., he aint making the catch - and even if it is in the basket...it's still not a sure thing. For somebody with his conditioning, you would think he would be beasting on dudes like Fitz'. T.O. rarely leaves the ground.

To the point: Cowboys have nobody explosive as far as YAC is concerned - Miles Austin is a straight line dude - could u imagine a bubble screen to Vick
eek.gif
smh.gif
...DBs' ankle braces better tight. Vick on a drag route or a 9
smh.gif
. Let him gradually get his work in at QB (at practice), and use his athleticism all over the field on gameday. 2 years away from football means lost athleticism?
indifferent.gif
Vick must feel like he's 18 right now
laugh.gif
. Fresh as he's ever been. Vick needs to get on the field - period. Worry about your pride and giving up QB (for a lil bit) later.

Cowboys should of sign that Hawkins dude off 4th & Long
laugh.gif

I will take a guy who is used to catching the ball and running routes than a guy who has to learn how to do it. I don't get why people think that the onlycriteria for playing WR in the NFL is to be a good athlete. Last time I checked its more to it than that. Their has been plenty of dudes who have be just asathletic as Vick who haven't panned out at WR. Their has been Olympic athletes who have tried and failed.

I'm from Newport News and I have followed him since Warwick High School out here and he hasn't taken a snap at any other position other than QB sincePop Warner football. He's always been QB and now people expect him to all of a sudden be able to make a smooth transition like in the NFL, its laughable.Dallas doesn't need another project at WR. They gotta see what they got in the uproven guys.

For what it's worth, Ed Werder said today on the radio that everything he's heard indicates the Cowboys have less than no interest in Michael Vick...
laugh.gif

lol i thought they were reassigning that tool? didnt he say his feelings got hurt and didnt wanna cover the boys anymore? anywho, im not getting my hopes upbecause i can see someone like snyder or al davis swooping in and offering more than 1 year for the minimum ...

lol i thought they were reassigning that tool? didnt he say his feelings got hurt and didnt wanna cover the boys anymore? anywho, im not getting my hopes up because i can see someone like snyder or al davis swooping in and offering more than 1 year for the minimum ...
Not gonna happen.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

For what it's worth, Ed Werder said today on the radio that everything he's heard indicates the Cowboys have less than no interest in Michael Vick...
laugh.gif
Yup, ever had a small piece about it on SportsCenter. Said Cowboys have no interest, which is what I thought all along.

laugh.gif
Well... That tool was apparently right about everything he said went on last year, or Terrell Owens would probably still be a Cowboy...

I figured Jerry would be
laugh.gif
I would like to see that, not at WR but at QB, I think Dallas and the Wildcat would be crazy if ran right. Lets start small thisyr Dallas, 1st NFC East champs, and progress from there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4354798

Updated: July 24, 2009, 7:25 PM ET
Cowboys' stance on Vick not changed

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Even if Michael Vick is available, Jerry Jones says the Dallas Cowboys have no plans to sign the suspended quarterback.

The Cowboys owner has repeatedly said since Vick was released by the Atlanta Falcons last year that his team won't sign Vick.

Vick was freed from federal custody this week for dogfighting charges and is awaiting word from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about if and when he will bereinstated.

Responding to a question Friday about Vick, Jones said his stance hasn't changed.

"It hasn't," Jones said, emphasizing that by repeating that phrase twice more in a matter of seconds.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

I think it would be good to get Michael Vick on the Cowboys but it looks like it won't happen..

But what I do know is Romo has 1 maybe 2 more chances to at least get us into the Super Bowl. If he chokes twices it is time to get rid of him.

Originally Posted by Essential1

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Even if Michael Vick is available, Jerry Jones says the Dallas Cowboys have no plans to sign the suspended quarterback.

The Cowboys owner has repeatedly said since Vick was released by the Atlanta Falcons last year that his team won't sign Vick.

Vick was freed from federal custody this week for dogfighting charges and is awaiting word from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about if and when he will be reinstated.

Responding to a question Friday about Vick, Jones said his stance hasn't changed.

"It hasn't," Jones said, emphasizing that by repeating that phrase twice more in a matter of seconds.

I think it would be good to get Michael Vick on the Cowboys but it looks like it won't happen..

But what I do know is Romo has 1 maybe 2 more chances to at least get us into the Super Bowl. If he chokes twices it is time to get rid of him.

Isnt this the same guy who swore to TO's face that he would have a star o his helment this season... not saying its gonna happen but you cant take Jerrysword for %%$*

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Originally Posted by Essential1

Vick was freed from federal custody this week for dogfighting charges and is awaiting word from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about if and when he will be reinstated.

Isnt this the same guy who swore to TO's face that he would have a star o his helment this season... not saying its gonna happen but you cant take Jerrys word for %%$*

Jerry never swore TO would be a Cowboy this season. People were trying to read in between the lines and speculate as usual. He is starting to listen to thepeople around him more, especially his son Stephen who will take over the team after Jerry steps down.

LOL ... so now ed werder is on point reputable and jerrys word is bond huh guys? lmao

Yeah
indifferent.gif

I trust a reputable reporter and the owner of the team over you.

Back
Top Bottom