Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Is that what I said or that we need them more than they need us.

Let's not do this, the point is that the employer holds the keys to putting money in your pocket and most employees are expendable whereas the employer is not.

Last edited:
Is that what I said or that we need them more than they need us.

Let's not do this, the point is that the employer holds the keys to putting money in your pocket and most employees are expendable whereas the employer is not.

anti i feel like you're just arguing to argue b lol

enphan was arguing about what's the point about asking a question who the CEO is? i agree with him and i don't know what point that makes either. i'm sure the majority of the workforce have never been asked that question.

i have interviewed with a bunch of top notch companies in different industries and have never been asked that question. if a company is asking questions that have nothing to do with the actual job, i would question if i would really want to work there. which was another point that i was trying to make. companies want to attract top notch talent and top notch talent would question some of those methods. there's a reason why some companies take forever to fill a position and there's a reason why a top notch talent might pass on several offers before he/she decides on a company. as i mention before, a company doesn't have all the power since there are literally more companies out there.

in the end of the day, companies have the option of filling the position with thousands of other applicants but top notch companies want top notch talent and have a better way to weed candidates out then using who's our CEO question. i have done bunch of hw before an interview but remembering the CEO's name has never been apart of it. there's a reason why some companies HR department ask for opinions on their interview process and there's a reason why some companies try to answer to the poor interview reviews that get posted on glassdoor. Companies need top talent and top talents have options.

Last edited:
welp I was given a massive L today by the tech company i applied and interviewed for.

Their feedback to me was showered in superlatives such as, "passionate", "personable", "engaging", "well-spoken", and that they were "very impressed" with my interview

BUT i got nixed cuz i didnt give them enough eye contact :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: what an L man

welp I was given a massive L today by the tech company i applied and interviewed for.

Their feedback to me was showered in superlatives such as, "passionate", "personable", "engaging", "well-spoken", and that they were "very impressed" with my interview

BUT i got nixed cuz i didnt give them enough eye contact
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
what an L man
Sorry to hear that... Keep ya head up bro!

You just have to believe that everything happens for a reason and that the world is rigged in your favor even if it doesn't seem like it.

Down the line, you may end up at a better place that was a better fit than the place you interviewed at. They did you a favor. Now you can find something better.

Keep going.

BUT i got nixed cuz i didnt give them enough eye contact
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
what an L man
Learn the lesson. Hone yourself. Move on.

Should I put a position on my resume from 2009, if I am trying to get back into that field?
I have had 3 different positions since then in another field. Right now my current job, and the one preceding it are on my resume.

Should I put a position on my resume from 2009, if I am trying to get back into that field?
I have had 3 different positions since then in another field. Right now my current job, and the one preceding it are on my resume.

I definitely would

Yes, it'll help your "story," but the tougher part will be explaining the path you took.

lol @ eye contact

no idea what that means.

they're "grading" candidates on eye contact? LMAO

what kinda education does an HR person even get for that industry?

(that was a rhetorical question)

i once asked an professional HR lady to take a look at my resume. (i am a professional editor)

she told me the one thing she saw that was wrong was a capitalization mistake....again, i am a professional editor....

i explained to her that i was following the laws of English grammar.....she told me straight up, it's wrong....

now, who is right?

i dont get the job, so she's right? but she's a moron.

If i changed it, and an executive editor saw it, she would clown me in the interview....

how do i know that?

my very first interview, i went in with a resume i got help on at the 'career center" of my school......from an HR PROFESSIONAL

the editor had my resume looking like a walking dead extra with the red pen.......i explained to her that i had help from an HR PROFESSIONAL

she laughed. she said i was the one looking stupid, not the HR professional.

so, again, who is right? the moron HR rep, or you? do you have to dumb yourself down for your application to be selected by a moron, only to have the actual executive level interviewers clown you?

at the end of the day, only you suffer from not changing it to the wrong way, right? you're the one without the job......

bring those examples back to the original point....

they didn't hire my dude cause he didn't make enough eye contact.

lol

that was literally the disqualification....

i could see if he was applying to be a professional eye contact holder.........but.....i doubt that's the position he wasn't hired for.

eye contact.

not an inability to count.....

not body odor.....

lmao

something as trivial as eye contact.

that's infinitely funny to me.

if eye contact is the reason he didn't get hired, how strong of a candidate was he in the first place?

like, in my mind, a strong candidate could...not make eye contact....as long as he was able to do his job effectively....but hey, maybe i have the wrong idea about what HR people are hiring employees for.....

i really feel like these places over schedule interviews for.....hr training...or out of boredom...i have no idea.

this is why i had to take it upon myself to generate income for myself, by myself......

jumping through hoops for peanuts to work with idiots got old quick.

i don't always have regular dough coming in, but it's beyond worth it to not have a "boss"

i suggest anyone in this post having troubles finding a boss, to do some searching inside yourself for ANYTHING someone else would pay you to do for them....and try to do that, on your own.

(in the meantime, of course)

Its a nonsense reason but I can't act as if it's not one of the points that people always stress when giving interview advice.

On the resume topic everyone always has a problem with someone else's resume when they look at it, personal bias just comes into play from the get go. I've helped a good deal of my friends with their resumes and always end up reworking the entire thing for one reason or another.

When I was a freshman, I naively asked an HR chick from my school's job center to help me edit/fix my resume.

She changed almost everything on there and even made it 2 pages when I had only 2 summer jobs at that point. I got extra input from actual industry folks and they all ripped it apart and spotted the shoddy margins, lack of detail in bullet points, incorrect grammar, and just overall messiness. After many edits from input from 10+ industry folks, I think I never had any further criticisms besides getting more relevant experience.

I generally don't view HR folks in a positive light. They're the gatekeepers for sure, but I'd rather get in through knowing someone in the company and going from there.

Last edited:
Dude got fired this past Monday thru me and my name under the bus as he was heading out the door cussing people up to the COO.

Time to make that move 

Dude got fired this past Monday thru me and my name under the bus as he was heading out the door cussing people up to the COO.

Time to make that move 
Dude would've caught the hands for that BS.

Why did he do that?

Last edited:
Firing season is so stressful man. People got let go at my job who started the same day I did. I'm in a constant state of worry.

Time to make that move 

Dude would've caught the hands for that BS.

Why did he do that?
I was on vacation that Monday when he was let go.

Because he's a snake.

Dude was plotting on this other chick because she was on the Internet(like we all don't surf the web) took pictures and send them to the COO. Said he was going to do so in the company locker room

He tried to throw me under the bus the first week I was there.

Discussed this with @Antidope and was pretty pissed about it

I had to interview a grip of candidates recently, all of whom were 1-3 years out of college -- these young guns didn't do any research on our company at all

To confirm my suspicions, I asked this question at the end of every interview -- "Who is our CEO?"

Only 1 guy out of 14 got it right -- word of advice to everyone here interviewing: please know a decent amount about the company, how many people work there, etc. It should be basic knowledge and shows you actually care somewhat
Proves nothing at all.

This excerpt reminded me of a history teacher I had growing up. He brought up an interesting point regarding dates, and the requirement of most history teachers to quiz on them. So you remembered X happened on X, but did you retain anything? He found retaining specific things pointless if you don't get the overall idea.

So they know your CEO? Does that assist them in client retention? Growth? No. It proves the candidate went to wikipedia. It doesn't even prove they know anything of value about your company.

A much more pertinent question would be tell me why you want to work at ____. Or a sly way to ask this same q, is why are you leaving you current position? Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
[thread="153492"]Quote:[/thread]

Discussed this with @Antidope
and was pretty pissed about it

I had to interview a grip of candidates recently, all of whom were 1-3 years out of college -- these young guns didn't do any research on our company at all

To confirm my suspicions, I asked this question at the end of every interview -- "Who is our CEO?"

Only 1 guy out of 14 got it right -- word of advice to everyone here interviewing: please know a decent amount about the company, how many people work there, etc. It should be basic knowledge and shows you actually care somewhat
Proves nothing at all.

This excerpt reminded me of a history teacher I had growing up. He brought up an interesting point regarding dates, and the requirement of most history teachers to quiz on them. So you remembered X happened on X, but did you retain anything? He found retaining specific things pointless if you don't get the overall idea.

So they know your CEO? Does that assist them in client retention? Growth? No. It proves the candidate went to wikipedia. It doesn't even prove they know anything of value about your company.

A much more pertinent question would be tell me why you want to work at ____. Or a sly way to ask this same q, is why are you leaving you current position? Just my 2 cents

Famb was seriously pissed about the candidates not knowing the CEO's name lol. Like I said earlier, not knowing or remembering the CEO's name doesnt mean a person didn't do research on the company.

i was let go from a job several months ago but they told me if i take a deal like i can retain them as a reference , still get my vacation pay etc , just cant work for the company...
they have vendors in the store , would i be able to apply there and get the job knowing people or chance my old manager would go back on their word and bad mouth me?

It takes two seconds to Google a name. If you're going to do research on a company then at some point you're gonna come across that name. Not knowing it makes it look like you didn't look into anything at all. It just looks bad.

I've always held the same opinion on history tests. It's nonsense. But in this case that name is way more important than knowing the exact date WW1 ended.

Last edited:
Why even ask if they know the CEO, and how would that affect their ability to do the job? That sounds petty to me

Walking into an interview with JP Morgan and not knowing who Jamie Dimon is looks bad. That's all I'm saying (example)

If you are going to do research on a company at some point you're going to come across the name of the guy who runs it.

Of course its not gonna help you do your job, but it's an easy point to hit in an interview, and something I've always made sure I've known before walking into one.
  • CEO
  • Date company was founded
  • Total revenues
  • Revenues of the division you're interviewing for
  • Mission Statement
All questions you could really be hit with and can probably be found on their website or in the corner of Wikipedia depending on company size. It seems like nonsense but I've been hit with these "so did you do your research questions" before

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom