Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Good looking out rrlegend. Repped you. Do you know of anything like that in San Diego. The air quality over here to is making me sick.
closet thing is Bakersfield, you would have to get to texas visit this forumNeed work? South Texas Oilfield hiring like crazy!. its not san diego with the beaches but texas has a little something for everybody. there are oil wells near dallas, san antonio, houston and all major cities , its cheaper to live than in cali, and no state income tax ! , but if cali is where you want to be i salute, you can get your twic card and work on the ports or docks. or you could haul fuel with what you have .

applied for a sales associate at disc replay, if you dont know what that is, its a store that sells used games, cd's and dvd's really hoping i get the interview at least

applied for a sales associate at disc replay, if you dont know what that is, its a store that sells used games, cd's and dvd's really hoping i get the interview at least
if you have a car look into being a merchandiser for coke pepsi 7up 

Damn. I got invited to a hiring event with BNSF next week for a Conductor Trainee position. Good money, but I'm worried about all this talk of layoffs.
Research the terminals that they want you to work out of and how it will work if your seniority can't hold said terminal - ie being forced to another terminal, or layoffs.

Don't give it up. You'll be away from home a lot if you're working road jobs but the money is worth it.

closet thing is Bakersfield, you would have to get to texas visit this forumNeed work? South Texas Oilfield hiring like crazy!. its not san diego with the beaches but texas has a little something for everybody. there are oil wells near dallas, san antonio, houston and all major cities , its cheaper to live than in cali, and no state income tax ! , but if cali is where you want to be i salute, you can get your twic card and work on the ports or docks. or you could haul fuel with what you have .

If you are in S.D. I will rep you in rep you in real life and buy you rounds. THANK YOU.

About the oil fields, how much physical labor are we talking? I know those guys in South Dakota (?) are getting paid crazy money but they are working long hours. Its going to be hell working their schedule during the Summer months.

I'm just curious about different fields. I'm looking for a career in the field I've been working since graduation. Went to a staffing agency yesterday and my recruiter told me that I was being severely underpaid for what I was doing which I already knew. It was nice to hear that complete strangers thought that as well.

Last edited:
About the oil fields, how much physical labor are we talking? I know those guys in South Dakota (?) are getting paid crazy money but they are working long hours. Its going to be hell working their schedule during the Summer months.

I'm just curious about different fields. I'm looking for a career in the field I've been working since graduation. Went to a staffing agency yesterday and my recruiter told me that I was being severely underpaid for what I was doing which I already knew. It was nice to hear that complete strangers thought that as well.
some jobs are physical like construction work and some you litterally just flip a switch and watch gauges. and all jobs in the field are at minimum 12 hours a day but you get paid at least 20-26 an hr and overtime is time and a half after 40 they work u hard but going home with 2500-3800 every week is a pretty kush . Some jobs companies have you work 15 days straight than pay you 40hrs for 7 days off. If you can do it for 2-3 years you could also move into the office or supervisor role and make easy money.
what exactly is that job, i see it listed all the time
merch are the guys that drive to 3-5 stores a day to fill the shelves with product , they get paid milage , a gas allowance and between 12-15 an hr easy job and if your single and young a easy way to meet girls.

So... I have a TWIC, RSO, AND AWS 3G/4G certified welder...but can't find a relevant job with these credentials. Everybody wants 3-5years MINIMUM experience no matter the field, but NOBODY is willing to give me a shot...

So depressing...

So... I have a TWIC, RSO, AND AWS 3G/4G certified welder...but can't find a relevant job with these credentials. Everybody wants 3-5years MINIMUM experience no matter the field, but NOBODY is willing to give me a shot...

So depressing...
where you located ?

So depressing...

Just remember that you're not alone bro. So many of us are either educated, skilled, experienced, or all of the above. We WANT to work, but can't work.

The game is rigged yo

Last edited:
Wassup everyone for those interested I recently started a job aggregate thread in the NorCal region for those interested in looking to find new jobs (or careers) or just need general help.

The Link is here. Hope this helps you all out. Bump for the mother's day weekend job searchers.

Have an interview Thursday with a Digital Mktg company in Hoboken. Hoping it goes well. Supposed to be there for two hours to interview and take a few tests. They said no preparation is needed.

Going to visit some more staffing agencies this week and try to set up something with the young alumni coordinator from my university in an attempt to further develop my network. Its been pretty useless since I graduated. Everything I've gotten has been because of my own legwork.

whelp i think my cali vacation is over to to get to work south texas and louisiana here i come 
glasses.gif

Got like 5 of these saved in old emails folder smh, get my Associates Degree in Process Technology this week hopefully then i can land one of these jobs. Need a John Cena shirt "never give up!"

Dear Erick Falcon,

Thank you for your interest in LyondellBasell and the time you spent interviewing with our company representatives regarding the Operations Technician position at our facility, job requisition 423. You have an excellent background and we enjoyed the opportunity to discuss it with you throughout the interview process.

After careful consideration of your skills and experience as they apply to our current position, we have selected another candidate whose background appears to be the best match with our selection criteria.

Your profile and résumé will remain in our searchable database where you may continue to maintain and update it by visiting our website. We encourage you to visit our employment website often to explore other opportunities as they become available.

Thank you again for your interest in our Company and best of luck in your career search.

Sincerely,

LyondellBasell Talent Acquisition Team

lyondellbasell.jpg

If you want to make 100k  a year once you reach top pay for a company like exxon, shell, valero, chevron, or phillips66, i advise you search for these jobs. Some places will hire with no experience and train you. Search for Process Technician, Process Operator, Operations Technician, or  Chemical Operator. Have a clean background anytype of theft or assault on your record dont even bother sorry. Glad i have no criminal background, still cant get a job   >.<

Back
Top Bottom