John Salley On Michael Jordan! "He's Not The Greatest Player Ever"

Uh-oh, Mr Stan is upset
Bron is the reigning champ
to be the man u gotta beat the man

Nice pic kid...but doesn't look like it after this season n possibly a couple more yrs the seasons over not the nets or the heat is gonna be standing in the lakers way sorry to break it to ya its a wrap for the league...I don't get it with y'all sometimes some of y'all are saying Lebron is the best complete overall player some are saying he's the GOAT at 9yrs already my goodness can he finish his career first....there's asterisks on some parts of his resume y'all

*Swept by the Spurs in the Finals
*Lost in the Finals to Dirk n co in 5 with the same big 3
*Dwade won the Chip before he did and then had to join Forces

MJ was perfect in the Finals this is not even a DEBATE get off LeBrons nuts

Bad logic, better to lose in the conf final than finals?
finals is the biggest stage in the nba

name 1 other player that reached the pinnacle of their profession and was never defeated again once they reached that level

and the 95 loss to orlando dont count cuz he played what, 16 games that season and was out of commission for 1.5-2 years before returning, out playing baseball like an idiot

the goat 3peated twice.

nobody ever knocked him off. it happened to everyone else except the goat. what nba player or team or coach can say "i beat Jordan at the championship level".. it can be said about everyone else. not even to say "i beat the defending champion bulls".. it happened to everyone. even duncan was knocked off defending his title(s)

not even gona argue against joe montana aka the goat QB dude. 

and theres an argument to be made but as a 49er fan, i refuse. 

Nice pic kid...but doesn't look like it after this season n possibly a couple more yrs the seasons over not the nets or the heat is gonna be standing in the lakers way sorry to break it to ya its a wrap for the league...I don't get it with y'all sometimes some of y'all are saying Lebron is the best complete overall player some are saying he's the GOAT at 9yrs already my goodness can he finish his career first....there's asterisks on some parts of his resume y'all
*Swept by the Spurs in the Finals
*Lost in the Finals to Dirk n co in 5 with the same big 3
*Dwade won the Chip before he did and then had to join Forces
MJ was perfect in the Finals this is not even a DEBATE get off LeBrons nuts

Kobe*

wanna talk asterisks again? kobe couldn't win it alone. now he's got kazaam 2 on his team. so if kobe wins, it'll just prove he's been second fiddle his whole career. u mad? yea u mad

Last edited:
Lebron isn't even on Kobe status give me a break ONE CHAMPIONSHIP with tremndous help. The fact is Jordan helped improve Pippen they did it the old fashion way with a draft pick. Pippen was great in his own right but he was a role player compared to MJ. Look what Mike did when he was 40 my god are you serious. Multiple game winners & over Marion who shut down Lebron in the finals just last year. Block against the backboard now everyone does it. Jordan and the old school era made the game simple put up buckets while your brain is clouded with dunks and dribbles. Word to skip I take showers stay off the bath salts.

Tremendous help/ Bosh was out and wade did nothing
see the Bulls when Jordan left, little difference see the cavs when bron left

Last edited:
This whole logic that LeBron is better than MJ is ridiculous!!!! I mean after his first chip in the Finals now u got John Salley, Coach Boheim and others saying that LeBron is now better than MJ..smdh!! LeBron is not even better than Kobe on a good day..let alone MJ. LeBron had to plan & join forces with Wade, who in fact already had a ring...folks need to slow down and breath...especially John Salley...and if I remember correctly...he did get like 2 rings or so playing with MJ and the Bulls..(coming off the bench)....he musta forgot!

Tremendous help/ Bosh was out and wade did nothing
see the Bulls when Jordan left, little difference see the cavs when bron left

The Heat are stacked and your being foolish acting like Wade and Bosh had no impact. When Jordan left no championships when Lebron was there or left he had no championships.Right!

not even gona argue against joe montana aka the goat QB dude. 
and theres an argument to be made but as a 49er fan, i refuse. 

Fam his nickname is "Superbowl Joe". Who's ******g with that? He's allergic to losing in the SB. He dont even know what it feels like.

It'd be interesting too see how much of an impact Bron's Finals meltdown will have on his legacy at the end of the day.

man ppl callin lebron GOAT player already and he only have 1 ring. Dudes dont realize GOAT player does not account for wat one might do in the future, lebron could get hurt or lose his athletic ability due to age, and not average 27 7 7 (which is pretty much his prime time stats). As of right now lebron only having one ring probably just put him in the category of top 10 players ever, and maybe at the end of the career his can be in conversation for top 5. Lebron only have one ring let tat man show us that 3 peat first and start the GOAT conversation.

so are people basing this on number of championships or most points scored or most dominating offensively? which one is it?

cause based on those 3, MJ is not the greatest.

Russell 11 rings

Kareem most points

Wilt most dominating offensively

i just wanna hear why people think he is the GOAT.. im not saying jordan is not great.. but you're also comparing centers with guard and forwards.

Wilt is the greatest. The end. No more discussion.

No, no... it's Dr. J, no question.

Wait, it's this Larry kid. Or Magic. No Larry. No, definitely Magic. Whatever, definitely one of those 2. The end.

Actually, it's Jordan. Point blank.

Maybe Kobe. Iverson & Tmac w/ Shaq would have been ill, though. Maybe Kobe is the goat, but he's not dominating his own era. I'll stick w/ MJ, but if Kobe...

... actually this Lebron kid is too nasty. GOAT status. Period.

:lol

The further prisoners of the moment get from a person's era, the more they forget.

so are people basing this on number of championships or most points scored or most dominating offensively? which one is it?
cause based on those 3, MJ is not the greatest.
Russell 11 rings
Kareem most points
Wilt most dominating offensively
i just wanna hear why people think he is the GOAT.. im not saying jordan is not great.. but you're also comparing centers with guard and forwards.
^^

Its like gumbo, to hold the title of GOAT a player should have all those things in his pot....and a few other ingredients as well.

If its based solely on one thing then it sells too many other players short.

Im biased though, no way in hell i'd ever mention a BIG as the GOAT....its got to be a guard imo, either MJ or Magic.

Prime Kobe over prime Lebron any day of the week.
Hell. Prime Kobe > prime Jordan
"prime kobe" was when exactly? when tayshawn prince put the clamps on him in 04 and shut him down and the pistons almost swept the heavy favorite lakers? 

or was it in 06 when the lakers were up 3-1 to the suns and then ended up losing in 7 games, where in a SERIES CLINCHING game 7 the lakers lose by 31 points? the same "prime kobe" that took THREE shots in the entire second half of a series clinching, win or go home game? 

that "prime" kobe is better than prime Jordan? 

was kobe still "prime kobe" when he got outplayed by paul pierce in 08 finals? and again DISAPPEARED in a season/series/championship clinching game? shooting 7-22/31% from the field and lakers losing by 39 pts.. lol

prime jordan was never *****d.. prime jordan did the whoring.

Back
Top Bottom