John Salley On Michael Jordan! "He's Not The Greatest Player Ever"

Bruh I swear to you i'm not mad :lol I just got paid today, went shopping, and am getting ready for school, I am not mad, not in the least bit :lol just participating in some healthy debate concerning the all-time greats of the L.
I hope not, but I complete disagree. LBJ is a tremendous talent but some of the stuff your saying isn't true.
1. If LBJ's IQ was so incredible why doesn't he work more in the post then shooting contested jumper and fadaway 3s?
2. This 1-5 talk is BS, dude ain't guard Chris Paul or Dwight, LBJ guarded Rose when Rose's game was quite limited. What happening when LBJ guarded Jet ? Burned and Terry put up shots in LBJ face. Then he was guarding Hibbert who is good in comparsion to centers nowadays but he isn't a power house like Dwight, Bynum or Timmy. If he can guard 1-5 why could he stop Dirk? Dirk embarrassed Bron.
3.MICHAEL JORDAN WOULDN'T HAVE CHASED TITLE NOR JOIN A TEAM WITH ANOTHER ARGUABLY TOP 5 PLAYER. MJ NEVER HAD ANOTHER TOP 5 PLAYER ON HIS TEAM. Scottie was good but amongst the talent then he was top 5 nor top 10.
4. The most important, the mysterious elbow injury, shooting FT with his left because of some mysterious injury no doctor could find that was only hurt during crunch time.....but on a serious note, Jordan doesn't like losing and would allow it. This speaks to his dedication and drive for winning.

STOP DRINKING THAT EPSN WATER, THEY PUMP OUT LIES LIKE SAYING KOBE COMPARES TO MJ JUST STOP AND DIRK IS THE NEXT LARRY BIRD:x :x..LBJ AIN'T GOAT AS OF RIGHT NOW.... JUST STOP IT

john salley was a weak starter at best thats why hes talking about MJ and MJ is busy being a rich mf....partly because nobody would ever buy "AIR SALLEYS"

How is stating a fact or telling the truth hyping though? It's not like he said Zeke is the greatest guard of all time and is better than MJ. Isaiah didn't even have anything to do w/ the MJ thing cause it's not like they're compared. It gives no credence to a reason why he said it

Just guessing, but starting off with Zeke sort of has the feel as if he's saying he's on Isiah's side, therefore, anything he says about MJ gonna be a lil biased, know what I'm sayin. Like takin up for his guy, and then "trashing" that guys rival. (trashing meaning just not kissing MJ's shoes, he didn't call him Scalabrine or anything)

I dunno, what the **** am I even doin in here, I don't give a ****. :lol Was just speakin on what I thought that guy meant.

john salley was a weak starter at best thats why hes talking about MJ and MJ is busy being a rich mf....partly because nobody would ever buy "AIR SALLEYS"

you remind me of that one dude who use to be in rap videos. whats his name? mr bentley?

its not that serious dude...

You obviously must be young...for you to say Jordan does not create for his teammates or win as much in the post season is pure ignorance, I'm gonna be nice to try and prove my point why MJ is the greatest, First of all ignore what Salley said he played for the Pistons we get that. Did MJ not change the Game?? Did MJ not go 6 for 6 in the Finals Perfect! 6 Finals MVP 3rd all time in points in History DPY....do I need to continue with the stats...Yeah we all know Lebron is a great player but c'mon the guy has only played 9yrs in the league and you sitting here talking about he better than MJ...I don't remember MJ getting swept in any finals or at least lose in one...I don't remember MJ trying to play together with Bird or Magic....I don't remember this League being this soft especially with opposing defenses. Yes Lebron is much bigger n faster n bullies his way to the rim I get that his career avg is 27 7 7 idk where u got that 30 8 8 stat from...Bron doesn't have that killer Instinct like Mike did...He doesn't score as great like Mike can...reb and assists Ill give you that...Mike was a pure assassin let the man earn it...ONE CHIP AIN'T GONNA CUTT IT!!!!!

I hope not, but I complete disagree. LBJ is a tremendous talent but some of the stuff your saying isn't true.
1. If LBJ's IQ was so incredible why doesn't he work more in the post then shooting contested jumper and fadaway 3s?
2. This 1-5 talk is BS, dude ain't guard Chris Paul or Dwight, LBJ guarded Rose when Rose's game was quite limited. What happening when LBJ guarded Jet ? Burned and Terry put up shots in LBJ face. Then he was guarding Hibbert who is good in comparsion to centers nowadays but he isn't a power house like Dwight, Bynum or Timmy. If he can guard 1-5 why could he stop Dirk? Dirk embarrassed Bron.
3.MICHAEL JORDAN WOULDN'T HAVE CHASED TITLE NOR JOIN A TEAM WITH ANOTHER ARGUABLY TOP 5 PLAYER. MJ NEVER HAD ANOTHER TOP 5 PLAYER ON HIS TEAM. Scottie was good but amongst the talent then he was top 5 nor top 10.
4. The most important, the mysterious elbow injury, shooting FT with his left because of some mysterious injury no doctor could find that was only hurt during crunch time.....but on a serious note, Jordan doesn't like losing and would allow it. This speaks to his dedication and drive for winning.
STOP DRINKING THAT EPSN WATER, THEY PUMP OUT LIES LIKE SAYING KOBE COMPARES TO MJ JUST STOP AND DIRK IS THE NEXT LARRY BIRD:x :x..LBJ AIN'T GOAT AS OF RIGHT NOW.... JUST STOP IT

You both are deviating from facts and going off of your feelings towards Jordan. No one even said "One chip ain't gonna cut it," i'm not even talking about Championships, I have no idea what FlyerthanDelta is talking about you sound dumb as **** I swear to god :lol you're bringing up career stats and achievements like winning in the finals and what not that aren't even in line with what i'm talking about. I'm only talking about who's the better PLAYER. In your own post you said Lebron was a better rebounder and assist man. It's clear you're letting nostalgia get in the way of concrete judgement and analysis but whatever.I'm going to let you win man you got it :lol

mLaIZ, if you don't think Lebron can guard the likes of CP, Dirk, Rose, and others that he has guarded than I don't know what to tell you. He wasn't even guarding Jet primarily by the way, and again if you don't think LEBRON can guard JASON EUGENE TERRY then I don't know what to tell you. And I disagree, he didn't chase a title, he went to a team where he had the best chance at winning, and still performed phenomenally. What is the problem with doing that? Jordan played with a defensive legend in Rodman and a Top 50 player in Pippen, that's a fact. And Elbow injuries? What? Jordan wouldn't allow loosing? Then why did it take him over a half decade to win 1 ring? Why does he "only" have 6 rings if he has this "drive" for winning and hates to lose? (I definitely think he had a strong, burning desire to win, but you're putting extras on it, just like all these other pundits. You really don't think Lebron or a few of these other cats don't wanna win badly?) And who the hell said Bird was the next Larry bird? :lol I don't even watch ESPN by the way, this came from honest observation.

Bottomline, Kobe isn't as good as Jordan, he isn't as complete a basketball PLAYER as Jordan. From my point of view, as i've stated plenty of times, Lebron does more on the floor than and affects the game in more ways than anyone else in history. Jordan didn't create for his teammates as well as Lebron, nor was he the versatile defender that Lebron is. To me, these are all facts. If you all can't see that then, hey I don't know what to say...But whatever, y'all win.

Last edited:
Kids these days. Lebron must have multiple superstars around him to be effective. If he didn't have bosh alone they would not have won anything. Lebron can not guard 5 positions lets get that clear. His basketball IQ seems astronomical but the fundamentals of the game are hard to come by in the NBA. (missed free throws & lost art of the jumpshot) If you compare IQ Lebron would be Steve Jobs and MJ would be Einstein. Anakin Skywalker to Yoda however you would like the put it. Let's not forget people Jordan was a world class athlete he played basketball, football, track and baseball. Michael actually had to work for his points and I don't see anyone in the league with a automatic jumper like MJ. Pippen was nice but he couldn't get it done with out the GOAT i'm sure MJ had a huge influence on his career. Lebron is a great player but he must have other great players around him. It's difficult for Lebron to just not travel or carry every possesion.

John Salley was an important rotation player on the Pistons. He wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination but he earned those two rings as much say Udonis Haslem has earned his.
After that yeah he got his rings on some Adam Morrison type stuff but a lot of you are too young to remember this and just talking out of your ***** which is exactly why yall are so tight at him.

I knew who Salley was before this, like I said he rode the coat-tails of others.

I seriously am flabbergasted that people have the audacity to compare Bron at this point in his career to MJ. I'm far from an MJ stan (hell I think Magic is the GOAT) but damn just look at the numbers:

Jordan's career stats: Regular season- 30.1 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 5.4 apg on 50% shooting
Playoffs- 33.4 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 5.7 apg on 49% shooting

Bron's career stats: Regular season- 27.6 ppg. 7.2 rpg, 6.9 apg on 48% shooting
Playoffs- 28.5 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 6.7 apg on 47% shooting

And this whole MJ didn't have the capability to make his teammates better nearly as well as Bron is utter garbage. Bron is the better passer court vision wise of the two, but come on man. I didn't even put the Finals stats up for the two cause it's embarrassing if you're trying to make a case for LeBron. Not surprised though, ESPN generation has been looking for the next Jordan forever and guess what he still hasn't come. Money was a different type of beast mentally and will power wise and Bron, Kobe, Durant, etc. just don't have that. At least let Bron win a few more rings or continue to improve before you start to compare. And PLEASE stop with this whole Bron is able to guard 1-5, foolery, fronting Pau or Hibbert for a few possessions doesn't make him a better defender than MJ as well.

How is stating a fact or telling the truth hyping though? It's not like he said Zeke is the greatest guard of all time and is better than MJ. Isaiah didn't even have anything to do w/ the MJ thing cause it's not like they're compared. It gives no credence to a reason why he said it

Just guessing, but starting off with Zeke sort of has the feel as if he's saying he's on Isiah's side, therefore, anything he says about MJ gonna be a lil biased, know what I'm sayin. Like takin up for his guy, and then "trashing" that guys rival. (trashing meaning just not kissing MJ's shoes, he didn't call him Scalabrine or anything)

I dunno, what the **** am I even doin in here, I don't give a ****. :lol Was just speakin on what I thought that guy meant.

MY MAN. Thank you. That's all I was trying to say from the beginning. Tell Dre again please.:lol. I think some dudes just be itching to argue for no reason.

So Bron routinely guards 5's now, we just gon throw that to the wall and see if it sticks huh ?

Just because he held Pau for a few posessions or some other halfwit center we have in the league does not mean he can ROUTINELY guard centers.

Besides shooting Brons skillset is ALMOST bulletproof, but sometimes he gets lost in games and until this year hes shown a serious lack of heart and clutch play which is essential when discussing All Time Greats.

Hes on that yellow brick road to GOAT but he has a seriously long road ahead of him in order to be the best EVER.....it too early to crown him.

Kids these days. Lebron must have multiple superstars around him to be effective. If he didn't have bosh alone they would not have won anything. Lebron can not guard 5 positions lets get that clear. His basketball IQ seems astronomical but the fundamentals of the game are hard to come by in the NBA. (missed free throws & lost art of the jumpshot) If you compare IQ Lebron would be Steve Jobs and MJ would be Einstein. Anakin Skywalker to Yoda however you would like the put it. Let's not forget people Jordan was a world class athlete he played basketball, football, track and baseball. Michael actually had to work for his points and I don't see anyone in the league with a automatic jumper like MJ. Pippen was nice but he couldn't get it done with out the GOAT i'm sure MJ had a huge influence on his career. Lebron is a great player but he must have other great players around him. It's difficult for Lebron to just not travel or carry every possesion.

How many superstars did LBJ have in 07? Leading a team to the finals with larry hughes as your 2nd option. Seems pretty effective to me. Scoring 29 out of your team's last 32 points including 25 in a row against the same Pistons team that beat Shaq, Kobe, Payton, Malone a few years earlier and took Timmy D and the spurs to a game 7 in the finals? Mo Will is the only all-star LBJ played with his whole career in cleveland and he was an all-star only because Jameer Nelson had a shoulder injury. The best player LBJ played with in Cleveland was a replacement all-star. WOW!!!!!!!!

Don't bring me 38 yr old Shaq and Jamison into the convo. Shaq should've retired in PHX and Jamison wanted no parts of KG and SHeed down low.

Stop pumping up Bosh. If Bosh was great why couldn't he get T-Dot to the playoffs more than once in 7 years? C'mon Man. I respect Bosh's game but some of yall act like he is this transcendent player.

Let us not also forget LBJ was an all-american wr in high school. Dude had offers to play at Ohio state and The U.

The statement regarding Pippen is baffling. Pippen is not in the conversation as G.O.A.T so you saying Pip not doing without Jordan makes no sense. What you should have said is that Mike didn't do it without Pip but that would undermine your argument the Jordan is G.O.A.T. Why does every jordan fan undermine the talent he played with just to boost his legendary status. The two aren't mutally exclusive.

@shoeking gotta be the dumbest mf alive Jordan didn't create for his teammates ok you got it, it's kids like u that watch sportscenter everyday and get brain washed by the hype if you knew any better or watched Mike actually play you **** you sound like you just went through puberty he's not in MJ league simple as that Magic Bird fine but Lebron is no where near played 9 yrs in the league and you talking like you on bath salts or whatever you smoking on talking crazy who cares how a complete ball player he is we obviously saw how long it took him to finally get it done and then went championship chasing to join 2 other all stars *****!

**** John Salley ************ road someones coat tails his whole carreer
mean.gif

Magic will tell you Mike was the best ever
Larry will tell you Mike was the best ever
Barkley etc.
but this shumck wanna bump his gums Mike prolly punked him during his time getting splinters in his *** for the bulls
professional bench warmer *** ***** wanna take shots at the G.O.A.T I'm catchin the fade with this *** if I see em out in the streets
lmao

lol "i played with jordan and i played with kobe, but isaiah thomas is the best player i ever played with" lmao. dumb bird. 

How many superstars did LBJ have in 07? Leading a team to the finals with larry hughes as your 2nd option. Seems pretty effective to me. Scoring 29 out of your team's last 32 points including 25 in a row against the same Pistons team that beat Shaq, Kobe, Payton, Malone a few years earlier and took Timmy D and the spurs to a game 7 in the finals? Mo Will is the only all-star LBJ played with his whole career in cleveland and he was an all-star only because Jameer Nelson had a shoulder injury. The best player LBJ played with in Cleveland was a replacement all-star. WOW!!!!!!!!
Don't bring me 38 yr old Shaq and Jamison into the convo. Shaq should've retired in PHX and Jamison wanted no parts of KG and SHeed down low.
Stop pumping up Bosh. If Bosh was great why couldn't he get T-Dot to the playoffs more than once in 7 years? C'mon Man. I respect Bosh's game but some of yall act like he is this transcendent player.
Let us not also forget LBJ was an all-american wr in high school. Dude had offers to play at Ohio state and The U.
The statement regarding Pippen is baffling. Pippen is not in the conversation as G.O.A.T so you saying Pip not doing without Jordan makes no sense. What you should have said is that Mike didn't do it without Pip but that would undermine your argument the Jordan is G.O.A.T. Why does every jordan fan undermine the talent he played with just to boost his legendary status. The two aren't mutally exclusive.
zzzz

iverson was 6' 160 lbs and did the same with just as sorry of a team.. tyronne hill.. 78 year old mutombo.. matt geiger.. smh

and iverson was arguably the best bball AND football player out of h.s... what lebron did in 07 was done before by a 6 foot 160 pound shooting guard in 2001

[COLOR=#red]So Bron routinely guards 5's now, we just gon throw that to the wall and see if it sticks huh ?

Just because he held Pau for a few posessions or some other halfwit center we have in the league does not mean he can ROUTINELY guard centers.[/COLOR]

QFT
If it would have been anybody but Bron fronting those players, they would have easily gotten hit up with multiple fouls.

Last edited:
MJ woukd neverrrrrr everrrrr disappear like lebron did in 2011

Don't sweep that crap under the rug. Absolute embarrassment. He won't ever be as good on that alone. Still will end up a top 7 talent

QFT
If it would have been anybody but Bron fronting those players, they would have easily gotten hit up with multiple fouls.

Nobody has ever been coddled and protected and given special treatment like lebron. It makes MJ rules laughable by comparison.

As far as I'm concerned - Lebron will have to win 6 more Championships before we can say he's better than MJ and I just don't see that happening.

can't be the g.o.a.t if you lost in the finals

magic

bird

diesel

kobe

lebron

wilt

russell

isaiah

kareem

oscar robertson

all took L's in the finals