John Wall is eligible for this year's NBA draft?

NKEAIR wrote:
how do you fail the tenth grade
Indeed...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DL2352

Why is everyone bringing up Harden? I can't wait to see this variant John Salmons play underwhelming basketball in the league.
grin.gif
Well, every player out there has a hater behind him.

Eventually you'll grow up, and learn that hating on ANY player does nothing, for you, him, or anyone else.

James Harden is the best basketball player I've ever seen in person, I, along with the rest of the crowd the night I saw him were
eek.gif
sick.gif
@ his performance without even trying.

And that will make or break him, the effort and dedication he gives to the game this year and then on....I mean, his team should have cruised past a tiredSyracuse team - and he was just obsolete the first half

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

Why is everyone bringing up Harden? I can't wait to see this variant John Salmons play underwhelming basketball in the league.
grin.gif

Eventually you'll grow up, and learn that hating on ANY player does nothing, for you, him, or anyone else.

James Harden is the best basketball player I've ever seen in person, I, along with the rest of the crowd the night I saw him were
eek.gif
sick.gif

And that will make or break him, the effort and dedication he gives to the game this year and then on....I mean, his team should have cruised past a tired Syracuse team - and he was just obsolete the first half
Oh come on. I'm not hating at all. It's just there's nothing about his game that impresses me. He's only about 6'4 (maybe),not super athletic, and plays like he doesn't care. Would he really be in the discussion for being drafted in the top 10, let alone top 5, any other year?I honestly hope that every player I doubt proves me wrong because that would only increase the level of play in the NBA.

grin.gif

eek.gif
sick.gif

And that will make or break him, the effort and dedication he gives to the game this year and then on....I mean, his team should have cruised past a tired Syracuse team - and he was just obsolete the first half
Oh come on. I'm not hating at all. It's just there's nothing about his game that impresses me. He's only about 6'4 (maybe), not super athletic, and plays like he doesn't care. Would he really be in the discussion for being drafted in the top 10, let alone top 5, any other year? I honestly hope that every player I doubt proves me wrong because that would only increase the level of play in the NBA.

Well, players that make the game look effortless is exactly what a GM with a high pick in any draft covets - because the talent is clearly there and can bedeveloped/grown into

Harden has all the tools, he can shoot, he can PASS even better than he shoots (pure playmaking ability) but MOST IMPORTANTLY - James Harden gets to the rim atwill. There is only a handful of players in college basketball that can do this, hell maybe only 3, 4...and nobody does it better than Harden. A player gettingto the rim is the one of the most important things in the game of basketball, because it gets fouls and easy, easy points.

Besides Blake, James is the most NBA ready player in the draft.

Harden will be the 2nd best player to come out, maybe even better than Griffen if he develops effort
If I had a nickel for all the stupid +$+% you said, I'd have a +$+% load of nickles.

I know I'm late, but:

Ummm.... no, I HIGHLY doubt that.
Uhhh... actually they are:

Kandi:

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]Salary[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1998-99[/td] [td]Los Angeles Clippers[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$2,700,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1999-00[/td] [td]Los Angeles Clippers[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$3,456,240[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000-01[/td] [td]Los Angeles Clippers[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$3,697,440[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001-02[/td] [td]Los Angeles Clippers[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$4,662,472[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002-03[/td] [td]Los Angeles Clippers[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$6,061,213[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td] [td]Minnesota Timberwolves[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$4,917,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td] [td]Minnesota Timberwolves[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$5,408,700[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td] [td]Minnesota Timberwolves[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$5,900,400[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td] [td]Boston Celtics[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$1,103,225[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Career[/td] [td](may be incomplete)[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]$37,906,690[/td] [/tr][/table]
Smush (who is getting paid overseas)

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]Salary[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2002-03[/td] [td]Cleveland Cavaliers[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$349,458[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td] [td]Total[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$695,046[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td] [td]Los Angeles Lakers[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$745,248[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td] [td]Los Angeles Lakers[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$798,112[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td] [td]Total[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$2,250,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Career[/td] [td](may be incomplete)[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]$4,837,864[/td] [/tr][/table]
Kwame:

[table][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]Salary[/th] [/tr][tr][td]2001-02[/td] [td]Washington Wizards[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$3,697,440[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002-03[/td] [td]Washington Wizards[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$3,974,760[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003-04[/td] [td]Washington Wizards[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$4,252,080[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004-05[/td] [td]Washington Wizards[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$5,361,873[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005-06[/td] [td]Los Angeles Lakers[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$7,500,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006-07[/td] [td]Los Angeles Lakers[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$8,287,500[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007-08[/td] [td]Total[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]$9,075,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Career[/td] [td](may be incomplete)[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]$42,148,653[/td] [/tr][/table]
HE'S ONLY THERE FOR ONE YEAR. And for that one year all he takes are general ed classes, and that's it.

I know I'm late, and dude's been pretty much ether'd already, but I just wanted to get that out. Thank you.

draftexpress currently has him as the #1 pick for the 2010 mock draft. still too early, but its fair to say this guy is at least top 3 talent. and the firstyear of college is all introductory courses like microeconomics and macroeconomics, you don't learn anything heavy like investment or financial mangementunless you stay 4 years. so really, it's all pointless.

how u gunna say james dont care??

dude is one of the few i play with that refuses to lose even in pickup runs

I ain't saying he don't care, but he didn't look like a guy that refused to lose in those last three games of the season...

He looked like 2008 Chase Budinger...
sick.gif

MayhemMonkey000 wrote:
I know I'm late, but:

Okkkk, now take out taxes, the money owed to lawyers,agents,managers,family,the boatload of friends they feel as though they have to carry around,stupid purchases, horrible investments, unnecessary cars/houses.... and then see how much money they have.

The numbers you just threw out are meaningless.

Originally Posted by Durden7

MayhemMonkey000 wrote:
I know I'm late, but:

Okkkk, now take out taxes, the money owed to lawyers,agents,managers,family,the boatload of friends they feel as though they have to carry around, stupid purchases, horrible investments, unnecessary cars/houses.... and then see how much money they have.

Wow, because you know all that... Way to throw some stereotypes out there buddy. A percentage of 46 million (and he's still earning money), isstill a lot more then what most college graduates make. And how are the numbers meaningless?... Or are you only saying that to further prove you have no cluewhat you are talking about.

i wouldn't say they're meaningless considering you're throwing out generalization while he has concrete fact.

Originally Posted by CJ003

no disrespect to homie...but you talking about him taking business classes to learn how to manage his money.....HE FAILED THE 10TH GRADE. you really think he's gonna do anything besides take easy classes and get a 2.0 gpa?
roll.gif

You know what, I didn't even think about that and I knew that he failed off. Damn you are right. Oo well, looks like hes another one of those brokeathletes.

MayhemMonkey000 wrote:
I know I'm late, but:

Okkkk, now take out taxes, the money owed to lawyers,agents,managers,family,the boatload of friends they feel as though they have to carry around, stupid purchases, horrible investments, unnecessary cars/houses.... and then see how much money they have.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yo brought up every expense.

"you forgot to mention how much gas costs per gallon, and the prices of milk are going up too"

$**@ outta here
laugh.gif

Wow, because you know all that... Way to throw some stereotypes out there buddy. A percentage of 46 million (and he's still earning money), is still a lot more then what most college graduates make. And how are the numbers meaningless?... Or are you only saying that to further prove you have no clue what you are talking about.
Stereotypes? If you mean i stereotyped the majority of professional athletes then yes its a stereotype.

I never said he was going to make more money being a college graduate. All I said was that the year of college with the chance at SOME sort of education willnot hurt him.

Theyre meaningless because you just gave the amount of money that the team agreed to pay the player. The player doesnt keep all of that money. (Theres adifference between income and net income)

i wouldn't say they're meaningless considering you're throwing out generalization while he has concrete fact.
I wouldnt say concrete. Theres more to the story than whats being told.

MBen32 wrote:
Durden7 wrote:
MayhemMonkey000 wrote:
I know I'm late, but:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"you forgot to mention how much gas costs per gallon, and the prices of milk are going up too"

$**@ outta here
laugh.gif

Each one of the items I mentioned is a high priced expense. Which example isn't frivolous to the player or to my point?

None of your points have made sense the whole time...
laugh.gif

A sure-fire one and done kid like John Wall ain't going to class and learning anything anyways... Nevermind the fact he wouldn't take anything of valueto begin with...

MBen32 wrote:
Durden7 wrote:
MayhemMonkey000 wrote:
I know I'm late, but:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

$**@ outta here
laugh.gif

Each one of the items I mentioned is a high priced expense. Which example isn't frivolous to the player or to my point?

They're also all generalizations... How hard is that to understand?

MBen32 wrote:
Durden7 wrote:
MayhemMonkey000 wrote:
I know I'm late, but:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

$**@ outta here
laugh.gif

No, i completely understand what you are trying to say..imo it just doesn't make any sense regarding him jumping straight to the NBA.

Hell, he will do it after one semester of college anyway. What the hell will going to college for a semester do to help him, if he can make millions now?

If he is going to mismanage his money and end up broke, it will not because he didnt attend college, it'll be because, well, he's stupid and issurrounded by the wrong people.
And whos to say even if he does declare, that sometime down the road he won't go to school and get a college degree?(such as Vince Carter, ShaquilleO'neal, countless others)

None of your points have made sense the whole time...
laugh.gif

A sure-fire one and done kid like John Wall ain't going to class and learning anything anyways... Nevermind the fact he wouldn't take anything of value to begin with...
Well I was never specifically talking about Wall in any of my posts anyways. (I know its the JW post, but I was speaking about one and dones ingeneral.... Yes, a generalization
smh.gif
)

They're also all generalizations... How hard is that to understand?
Yes, of course theyre generalizations. Since when are generalizations wrong? I might have generalized, but it's not like they wereunjustified.

If he is going to mismanage his money and end up broke, it will not because he didnt attend college, it'll be because, well, he's stupid and is surrounded by the wrong people.
And whos to say even if he does declare, that sometime down the road he won't go to school and get a college degree?(such as Vince Carter, Shaquille O'neal, countless others)

I agree. The social network plays a large part of how athletes use their money.

I agree that he can go back to school, but considering the fact that hes in "13th" grade I would doubt that he would go that route. (Also, theres arisk that by the time he any athlete goes back and gets an education they will already have made a lot of financial mistakes. Im not sayingits highly plausible, going to happen or anything even close to that..... just saying its always a possiblity)

Yes, of course theyre generalizations. Since when are generalizations wrong? I might have generalized, but it's not like they were unjustified.
How in the hell are they justified?
laugh.gif
You just made it seemlike NBA players are some stupid people that have no clue how to handle their money. Yes, there's some examples, but that's how it is for other jobs aswell.

Also, theres a risk that by the time he any athlete goes back and gets an education they will already have made a lot of financial mistakes.
That's how almost all jobs are. Hell even with a college degree the only job in the market that's a sure thing is in the health field.I'm graduating in about a year and a half and trying to get the job I want in the public relations field is going to be a struggle and a risk in it'sself.

Back
Top Bottom