John Wall is eligible for this year's NBA draft?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@this dude saying he wasnt talking about Wall in all of his posts

Straight backpeddling

Update:
From interview with Rivals.com when asked about putting name in draft:

Wall also refuted speculation that he might test the NBA collective bargaining agreement and enter the 2009 draft as a 19-year-old fifth-year high schoolstudent.

"No, not at all," Wall said when asked if he were considering entering this year's draft. "I'm going to school for one or two years andtrying to win a national championship. I promised my mom I'd go to college and that if I left early I'd come back and graduate."
http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnewstoday/20090416/?pg=6

Also this about him going to Florida:

Rivals' No. 1 overall prospect and No. 5 on the ESPNU 100, Wall has added the Florida Gators as schools he is considering - which makes that nine universities inthe running. Apparently UF Billy Donovan recently visited Wall's mother while he was in Oregon participating in the Nike Hoops Summit, and Billy the Kidmade a good impression.

In addition, the Gators released 2009 commitment DeShawn Painter from his scholarship earlier this week, which opened up a scholarship for Wall. Thus UFjoins Baylor, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Memphis, Miami, North Carolina and NC State as the programs competing for Wall's services.
http://entertainment.wagerweb.com/sports/college-basketball/gators-john-wall-9256.html

Still think he will goto NBA. And
laugh.gif
at that list ... Baylor? Miami? NCState? @%% are they doing on there.

Nothing you learn in college as a "student" athlete will help your future career/money management at all, especially if you're going for 1 year.Hell, I went to college for 4 years and still didn't have a full grasp of personal finance (aside from simple money balancing I learned in high school
laugh.gif
) till I got my first paycheck

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

Nothing you learn in college as a "student" athlete will help your future career/money management at all, especially if you're going for 1 year. Hell, I went to college for 4 years and still didn't have a full grasp of personal finance (aside from simple money balancing I learned in high school
laugh.gif
) till I got my first paycheck

I agree bro. College just may help this dude with maturity.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I ain't saying he don't care, but he didn't look like a guy that refused to lose in those last three games of the season...

He looked like 2008 Chase Budinger...
sick.gif

ya ok come on now with that %#**

Originally Posted by Durden7

MayhemMonkey000 wrote:
I know I'm late, but:

Ummm.... no, I HIGHLY doubt that.
Uhhh... actually they are:

Okkkk, now take out taxes, the money owed to lawyers,agents,managers,family,the boatload of friends they feel as though they have to carry around, stupid purchases, horrible investments, unnecessary cars/houses.... and then see how much money they have.

The numbers you just threw out are meaningless.

ok so taxes are 35% and will be 39% in 2010 on every penny earned OVER $360,000 so we are looking at about 34-35% of their money being taken away for taxes nottaking into account tax credits, deductions from gross income, and itemized deductions so we are then looking at about 32% of their income being taken awayfrom taxes. From what i've read agents charge about 5% so we are looking at 37% and lawyers who the hell knows ,but it wont be as much as an agent ortaxes so about 40% of their taxes will most likely be taken away from taxes, agents, and lawyer fee. So that leaves about 60% for disposable income for yourKwame Brown's of the world which is about 25.2 million for stuff like "horrible" investments like houses, cars, and insurance. That figure alsodoesnt include any sort of endorsements which I guarantee Kwame got based off of talent alone. Say what you want but going to college for that one year wouldhave done nothing for your Kwame Brown's of the world. The dude is still going to make more money than anyone on this board . Yeah sure he will make somestupid purchases down the road but what rich person doesnt. Does Bill Gates need a 120 million dollar home, hell no and his %** when to Harvard for a year. Apparently he didnt learn that much in college about finances.

I ain't saying he don't care, but he didn't look like a guy that refused to lose in those last three games of the season...

sick.gif
Those games mean nothing though...and in the system Harden played in, it's no surprise.

DL - You change your stance/thoughts on Harden now? Monta with the mid-range and Harden with the driving ability?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

if i was dude, i would bolt. get my guarenteed couple of mill and go back to school after my career.

Never heard of him, but just saw some cuts on ESPN, looks like a D.Wade type after he gets in the gym.... NOT saying he'll be as good as Wade. Just thetype.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

regardless of skill, its a FREE education. Go to college young man, who knows how far you'll go in life when you struggle to get out of high school.

roll.gif
roll.gif

these kids don't go to class...**** here..there is no education for student athletes...all these arguments stem from jealousy about dudes who make moneywithout any formal education..where as we bust our @%% for 4 years and we get stuck in middle class for the rest of our lives....hard pill to swallow

Originally Posted by copped

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

regardless of skill, its a FREE education. Go to college young man, who knows how far you'll go in life when you struggle to get out of high school.

roll.gif
roll.gif

these kids don't go to class...**** here..there is no education for student athletes...all these arguments stem from jealousy about dudes who make money without any formal education..where as we bust our @%% for 4 years and we get stuck in middle class for the rest of our lives....hard pill to swallow

real spit
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

sick.gif
Where was he the three games of the season? He all but disappeared...

I think he's gonna be a good NBA player... But I don't think he's gonna be an all-star... I don't think he's gonna get a ton better fromwhere he's at right now... Just don't see it...
Those games mean nothing though...and in the system Harden played in, it's no surprise.
Pac10 Tournament and NCAA Tournament games mean nothing now?
laugh.gif
OK... You the same dude that said he's the best basketball player you ever seen too, so...

I mean, his team did suck.

When does a 2 guard have to be a secondary ball handler AND run the offense outa the high post against a 2-3?

Sure, he should show so more fire. No he's not a franchise guy.

But I think he's gona be a great #2. He shoots the ball too well to fail.

His team did suck, I don't disagree with that... All I'm sayin is the guy we saw those last three games didn't look like a dude that refused tolose basketball games...

truth to that.

which is why I think a secondary or even third role (on a good team) is one he can thrive in.

I think he's perfect for OKC, in terms of another shooter and ball handler. He reminds me of a guard version of Jeff anyway.

for some reason i think he will be ok, not a star in the nba.he played against bums in high school ,the nba is something totally different.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

truth to that.

which is why I think a secondary or even third role (on a good team) is one he can thrive in.

I think he's perfect for OKC, in terms of another shooter and ball handler. He reminds me of a guard version of Jeff anyway.
Oklahoma City definitely seems like an ideal fit... Takes some of the pressure off Russ handling the basketball, and Harden would be at his bestplaying off everybody else and letting things come to him, I think...

Then if they can find a legitimate big man through trade or whatever... That's a team that could make a significant jump... I like what Scotty Brooks didwith them this season after taking over a lot, too...

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

sick.gif
Where was he the three games of the season? He all but disappeared...

I think he's gonna be a good NBA player... But I don't think he's gonna be an all-star... I don't think he's gonna get a ton better from where he's at right now... Just don't see it...
Pac10 Tournament and NCAA Tournament games mean nothing now?
laugh.gif
OK... You the same dude that said he's the best basketball player you ever seen too, so...

Come on now, you would hate if I used the type of reply you just gave on yourself.
laugh.gif
, you didn't even try to reply seriously...

Of course those games mean something, to the school, and to the fan. But for the NBA Draft - they're meaningless, scouts don't have short term memory.They are scouts because they remember what the kid did on a fast break play in November of his Senior Year of High School.

Also, the argument of him disappearing the last three games of the year isn't working. Obviously he didn't look like an All-Star there, I said thatearlier, but he was the focal point of the opposing locker rooms in EVERY three of those games. Look what he did against Washington before that 3 game streakyou're mentioning (In the Pac-10 Tournament - 24 points on 13 field goal attempts, 9 rebounds, 4 assists
sick.gif
). He then faced Tim Floyd - a MASTER gameplaner - and managed to end up with 10points (on 3 of 9 shooting), 4 rebounds and 8 assists. The next game was Temple where he was taken out completely by the Owls - but it didn't matter, ASUled by 5+ from the beginning to the end. They also run a distinct match up zone that screwed them in their next game against Cuse. Finally yes, the Syracusegame - 10 points (on 2-10 shooting) 6 rebounds, and 5 asssits. Admittedly, this was an AWFUL performance. ASU should have coasted to the Sweet 16 with theirdefensive schemeing...

But look at what I said to DL on an earlier page - "Harden has all the tools, he can shoot, he can PASS even better than he shoots (pure playmakingability) but MOST IMPORTANTLY - James Harden gets to the rim at will. There is only a handful of players in college basketball that can do this, hell maybeonly 3, 4...and nobody does it better than Harden. A player getting to the rim is the one of the most important things in the game of basketball, because itgets fouls and easy, easy points. "

Now you could either continue arguing me or believe what I'm saying is the truth. When I look at players I am completely unbiased and look at their entiremakeup, and the things that make a difference in a game. I see you and Allen are discussing him now (I notice Allen from a distance having a nice base ofknowledge on college basketball - PM me if you want sometime I want to get you to start making lines next year) and I know you know your sports. But you tracktoo damn many to lose to me in this arguement
laugh.gif
. I know for sure you didn't follow the entire college basketball landscape enough to have a strongfeel/opinion on all the players. I did though, and Blake, James and Tyreke are supreme to the rest of the class potential wise...

Oh and Allen - nice Jeff Green comparison - but how about this, Wyenmi Efejuku is the less effort giving (if thats possible) James Harden - I know you'lllove that - and might've heard ESPN say it towards the end of the year - but I was telling everyone I could talk to at the Anaheim Convention Center whenboth teams were there in November
laugh.gif

so this isn't fresh?
laugh.gif
...ill pm ya, did alright cappin this march.but i'm still an amatuer.

Efejuku....I've seen that guy make some plays/shots/finishes that only a handful of kids in college hoops could do. Pro shots/plays...but just neverconsistently.

I saw James Harden PLENTY this year... And he's a good player... But I just don't see a great NBA player... Yeah, he gets to the rim at will incollege, but he's not overly explosive or athletic... How well is that ability to penetrate going to translate over to the NBA, given he's a tadundersized at the 2-guard and he's not an explosive athlete...? I just question how some of his skills are gonna translate...

My biggest gripe with him is I just don't see a ton of upside left with him... To me, he pretty much is what he is... I'm not arguing that hewasn't a damn good college basketball player over the course of this season... And no, those last three games don't overshadow what he did for 30 othergames this year... But they shouldn't be ignored, either... He still is one of the best prospects in this draft, but he's not an elite prospect...

And I'm not buying that "He was the focal point of the defense" garbage... He was the focal point of those defenses all season long... And BlakeGriffin was in virtually the same situation, and he was unstoppable in the tournament... So I ain't buying all that...
I know for sure you didn't follow the entire college basketball landscape enough to have a strong feel/opinion on all the players. I did though, and Blake, James and Tyreke are supreme to the rest of the class potential wise...
1) How would you know that?
laugh.gif

2) We're talking about James Harden... It ain't like I had to go to dire lengths to follow the guy... Pac10 games were on FSN every single night...

For me, Blake Griffin is on a level all his own in this class... Nobody else is close... James is in that second tier, and he's absolutely a"safe" pick... There's not hardly any downside. You pretty well know what you're gonna get. Like I've said, I just wonder how much roomhe's really got left to grow as a player...

Not much time to reply but no this isn't DFresh
laugh.gif
I share this account with him and another kid...gsob though,

And Nowits - I know it because if you did, and knew what you know about other sports - you'd be rich as +$%!.

So because I don't gamble on any kind of serious level, I ain't following as closely as others...?
ohwell.gif
Come on, dude...

If we were talkin about some dude from an obscure program that I'd have to go out of my way to see, I might buy that, but give me a break... We'retalkin about dudes in high-major programs whose games are on TV every night...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom