Jordan 1 Chicago - Reimagined aka Lost and Found - November 19, 2022

We already went through this discussion about 2 months back in the official 1s thread.

I used to be like some of the dudes in here, and then a few years back, I sat down and asked myself "Why am I defending Nike?"

Davey Magoo Davey Magoo had a post in that discussion that summed it up best. What has Nike done in the last 10 years to show that they care about their core fans and consumers? Nothing at all, it's actually embarrassing.

I personally don't wear reps, but you won't catch me in here sounding like an employee defending Nike and their bs. It's absolutely embarrassing and borderline appalling that dudes are making more accurate and better quality 1s in their basement.

Cats like MercuryMFG and Viberemakelab are fine in my book. Nike aren't giving people what they want, they are, and at better quality. I'd def cop a pair of 1s. Sorry if that disappoints some Niketalkers...actually, no I'm not :lol:

Sorry I came at you dawg lol long crappy work day and I’m grouchy tonight sorry y’all caught me slippin :frown:

I didn’t mean to start a whole heated debate, as I said in my post I don’t own a single pair of fakes(that I’m aware of). It’s really not that serious tho y’all acting like one comment about fakes is blasphemous, was just spouting off a thought.

My whole point is that when Nike under supplies a product, it leaves a demand that someone else will be prepared to supply. NIKE DELIBERATELY CHOKING PRODUCTION NUMBERS IS THE WHOLE REASON RESELLERS EXISTS.. The longer Nike continues to play games with us on the more desirable shoes, the less I feel like jumping through their hoops and BS. But I’m also not willing to pay $600-800 to a reseller either. if I was desperate to have this shoe, the only options I would be left with are theft or buying knock offs lol. I won’t lose any sleep over not having these shoes, I WOULD lose sleep over paying quadruple the cost of the shoe to someone who games the system against me by using bots.

There’s prolly a bunch of us in here who have paid resell prices for Cool Gray 11s and Patent Bred 1s , and don’t even know their pair are reps that passed thru Stock X and GOAT legit checks. It’s not like 2000s fakes anymore. Not one single person in my real life would know the difference, or even care to know the difference in my shoes.
I understand the frustration, but Nike’s business model is what keeps em going. I’ve seen the ebb and flow a few times already. Limit supply so that not everyone who wants a pair can get a pair, so that demand is still buzzing later when they release the shoe again later on. Definitely not consumer friendly by any means, but it is what it is. It’s what keeps old guys like me coming back. Lol

I've never been interested in reps, but isn't Nike basically releasing reps when the shapes of their shoes and other details don't match the OG? Not even minor differences. Lots of times blatant differences.

These rep people charging $600 can replicate the shape, details and looks of an OG Jordan 1, but Nike can't?

We gotta start calling the retros Nike makes “Reptros” then if they continue fakin’ they own **** :lol:
Its a serious conversation though. Factories overseas do not have the same rules. A factory that made your pair in 2021, may not be contracted to make your pair in 2022. But still has ALL the resources to make what they want to benefit. This is real.
Why the hell do you think people are so confused all of the time to what is real or not? Think about it.

Last edited:
If it comes from Nike, it isn't a rep. If Nike start having the rep factories make Nike sneakers, those the new real deal Nike sneakers and reps will be knockoffs of that. Nikes will be whatever Nike determine them to be. Same way Apple determine which parts are genuine and which parts are fake when they exactly the same.

We already went through this discussion about 2 months back in the official 1s thread.

I used to be like some of the dudes in here, and then a few years back, I sat down and asked myself "Why am I defending Nike?"

Davey Magoo Davey Magoo had a post in that discussion that summed it up best. What has Nike done in the last 10 years to show that they care about their core fans and consumers? Nothing at all, it's actually embarrassing.

I personally don't wear reps, but you won't catch me in here sounding like an employee defending Nike and their bs. It's absolutely embarrassing and borderline appalling that dudes are making more accurate and better quality 1s in their basement.

Cats like MercuryMFG and Viberemakelab are fine in my book. Nike aren't giving people what they want, they are, and at better quality. I'd def cop a pair of 1s. Sorry if that disappoints some Niketalkers...actually, no I'm not :lol:
Exactly exactly this here. This is the sentiments that my original comment was trying to articulate.

Nike has shown me no love at all since I don’t know when. They knowingly allow releases to get eaten up by bots for resale. There are alternative ways to release the product that would ensure the real enthusiasts would be taken care of, but they don’t. It wouldn’t even be that hard, they just choose not to because they don’t care about any of us. Im not going to carry water for a company that used literal child labor sweatshops to manufacture most of the original Air Jordan’s and apparel.

If someone else is willing to put in the effort to offer a better or 95% similar version of a Nike product, that is affordable and attainable, then **** Nike.

Hold up now we’re using “quality” to excuse fakes? Funny how yall keep moving the goalposts lol mfs really acting like the leather quality is the reason why Chicagos cost $2000 smh. What’s next, you gonna say fakes are more comfortable and that’s the reason why you buy fakes?
:lol:

I’m not knowingly rockin nothin fake.

I just can’t.

It’s ok not to have something, y’all wylin lol
What if the “fakes” were far superior and more accurate reproductions of the original shoe? If some dude started popping out OG 4s that were indistinguishable from 1989s, would they not interest you at all? Just curious.

I’d be curious, like I am with the Vikre dude, but I’d never pull the trigger.

If I can’t get the real thing, made by the real manufacturer/brand, I’m good.

Im not going to carry water for a company that used literal child labor sweatshops to manufacture most of the original Air Jordan’s and apparel.

Lmfao there we go there’s another excuse. You say you don’t wanna support this company . . . but you still gonna walk around wearing literally EXACT IMITATIONS OF THEIR PRODUCTS.

Bruh

How confident are you that resale pairs aren’t reps mixed in with reals?
This is what I always have in the back of my head. I have my share of shoes I traded or I paid resale for from a couple local shops.

Even though I’ve watched several comparison vids for my reassurance, I gotta admit a bit of doubt when it comes to not getting the shoes directly from a retail supplier.

Hold up now we’re using “quality” to excuse fakes? Funny how yall keep moving the goalposts lol mfs really acting like the leather quality is the reason why Chicagos cost $2000 smh. What’s next, you gonna say fakes are more comfortable and that’s the reason why you buy fakes?
I have 0 reps so this means nothing to me. I said I would wear handcrafted 1s and gave reasons why. I'm sorry if that's putting you in some type of emotional distress :lol:

I have 0 reps so this means nothing to me. I said I would wear handcrafted 1s and gave reasons why. I'm sorry if that's putting you in some type of emotional distress :lol:
Ah yes . . . I’m sure the *quality* is truly the main reason why people choose $150 fakes over $1500 authentics

Yeah if you think i'm talkin bout those then you're lost. Whatever, you got it :lol:
Bro the fakes are still significantly cheaper than the authentics lmao that’s the bottom line. If you can show me a counterfeit of anything that’s around the same price as the authentic version, then we’ll finally have an interesting grey area that’s worth discussing

Back
Top Bottom