Jordan 1 x Nike SB QS!!!!

There's a difference between asking general informative questions and just flat out being annoying.

^
Everything in the last 2 posts are facts.

Every transaction should be quick and smooth.

There is no point to stress when it comes to this stuff. People claim it's a game but when you movin around thousands of dollars in assets and cash there is no room for error.

If a dude is giving me a bad feelin IM OUT.

Repped for that last line, very legendary my guy.

Think I got you beat my brother, had an extra pair of the concord lows and I put them up on craigslist. Within 15 minutes I got hit up and dude wanted me to meet him at a local mall. So like an idiot I go there and he says he's literally walking into the mall and than like an idiot I sit there waiting. Not only did this fool not show up but he quits responding to his text messages so I finally just text him and tell him he wasted my "explicit" time and he responds that he found them cheaper on his way in. BS.......................................... 

As long as you understood your mistake. That's why when you post kicks, you don't meet at the buyers locations, you meet at your own, and then you don't leave your current location until you're sure that that buyer is at the meetup spot.

People need to understand that we as sellers do not need to cave in to meet the demands of these buyers. Yes there are legit buyers, but they're often overshadowed by too many bs buyers.

If you wanna meet. Ask me where my meeting location is and what time is good for me. If you can come directly to me I'll even knock 10 dollars off.

But one thing I do not to is cater to buyers. Because these are the same buyers that'll turn around and sell something and be a complete ******* about it.

Point blank, if you ain't got the funds, or can't Paypal, we have nothing to chat about.

Man, they're both equally as bad. I'll give you the backstory.

Dude messages ME trying to trade his white LMs + cash for my supreme foams. I tell him $325 cash which I think is very fair. He then says no and that's that.

Dude texts me at 2 am in the morning one night saying "I got them, lmk"

So I text him saying I'll do an even $300 and he says okay. Doesn't respond for several hours. Responds back saying $250 and I agree. He says I'll hit you in the morning to work out the details.

Dude never hits me up. Goes several hours between text messages. I ask him several times if we gonna do this or nah and he just beats around the bush.

SMH, I'm done with this clown. This is how ya'll really conduct business? It should honestly only take 15 minutes tops to complete a transaction between negotiating, getting pics, and getting invoices made. Just because they're sneakers doesn't mean you have to stop acting professional with your business. I'm a no nonsense kind of guy. Get right to the point smh

Going through this now, some people are just inconsiderate, pisses me off.

There's a difference between asking general informative questions and just flat out being annoying.
Depends, some people take one thing the wrong way.  A buyer asking questions about a pair of shoes to see if they are legit can come off as annoying to the seller that knows that his pair is retail authentic, and that is wasting the seller's time.  The buyer is still trying to protect him/herself at that point.  It's always off and it's unfortunate.

Depends, some people take one thing the wrong way.  A buyer asking questions about a pair of shoes to see if they are legit can come off as annoying to the seller that knows that his pair is retail authentic, and that is wasting the seller's time.  The buyer is still trying to protect him/herself at that point.  It's always off and it's unfortunate.
Well it also starts with a good seller as well:

-Clear pics from all angles regardless of condition

-Pics of box, box label, and receipt (if applicable)

-Pics of shoe tag

-List all flaws, if any

-List payment and shipping methods

-List shipping turn around time

If a seller has that information in his listing, which should be the STANDARD at this point considering how big this hobby is, there is really no other questions a buyer should be asking other than what's your paypal address.

In fact, all of those things on the list are pretty much listed in the rules of the buy/sell

Last edited:
Well it also starts with a good seller as well:

-Clear pics from all angles regardless of condition
-Pics of box, box label, and receipt (if applicable)
-List all flaws, if any
-List payment and shipping methods
-List shipping turn around time

If a seller has that information in his listing, there is really no other questions a buyer should be asking other than what's your paypal address
That would explain why I hardly ever get questions if I do sell something on eBay.

it'd slways the guys on the board acting like they'll make it rain no questions asked for a pair of 10.5's and then when you hit them up they asking for you to hold on to the kicks for 3 weeks :smh:

if you got 7 mins, enjoy..

I despise the can you hold these until Tuesday messages.

thats my biggest pet peeve & hate to say but A LOT of dudes on nt do it all d time :smh:

I've come across that with one guy on nt, was selling some beaters, lowered the price by 20 and he still flaked on a meet that he pushed for

You can't be a seller, where you're making a profit, and get mad at buyers questions...

That is sales 101....

Sales 101 correct, but if you list a pair of white on white Air Force ones from footlocker with the recipe in the pic and I come in asking you where you brought them from. How much you selling them for. Are you sure they the size as advertised. And is the price final. You can't tell me you wouldn't get a bit annoyed. I'm saying there's dudes literally asking questions that the answers are right in their faces.

I drive forklifts on the weekend at my second job and I beep my horn all up and down, you think people stop to get out the way? No! They walk right on the side of the machine or run in front of it, nobody cares anymore about what's directly there for them to see.

My frustration with selling to people is answering 100 questions and getting the "let me sleep on it", but in truth just because people open a dialogue with you doesnt commit them to buying...smart people get quotes from various places and then make a decision, so it may require asking/answering questions...in general I just try to treat people how I want to be treated...still that "let me sleep on it" 

My frustration with selling to people is answering 100 questions and getting the "let me sleep on it", but in truth just because people open a dialogue with you doesnt commit them to buying...smart people get quotes from various places and then make a decision, so it may require asking/answering questions...in general I just try to treat people how I want to be treated...still that "let me sleep on it" 

View media item 891967

the worst
especially after 35 questions that couldve been answered by reading the listing

Last edited:
the worst
Makes my stomach hurt...I swear...I'm getting frustrated just thinking about it...like physically agitated...
mad.gif

since we're on the topic of selling real quick..

how do I prevent people from buying my stuff on Ebay and not paying for it?

i just sold something yesterday on Ebay (fixed price) and send the dude an invoice

no payment all day.. sent dude a message.. no response all day

is there a way to make it so my listing will only get taken down once they have fully paid me through PayPal?

**** is annoying

the worst

:lol: people dont read, its the worst on FB groups, all they see is the pictures, never whats attached

on another note, what is up with paypal echeck

i got 2 of em in the last couple days, i never get em too

nothing more annoying than selling a sneaker and having to wait 3-5 days for that echeck to clear

i just sold something yesterday on Ebay (fixed price) and send the dude an invoice
is there a way to make it so my listing will only get taken down once they have fully paid me through PayPal?
**** is annoying

immediate payment option is the only way i do things on ebay, to avoid waiting for payment

I had a transaction to sell a pair of bred 11s to a guy.  Sent me his paypal e-mail I sent him the invoice. Texted back saying "I didn't get an email," waiting approx. 2-3 hours between texts.  I ignored offers that were giving me my asking price b/c I thought I had already made a deal w/this guy but then it fell through AND I ended up losing the other offers.  Moral of the story - it's not a deal until you get that $ in your account and until then treat people with courtesy and if you feel like they are a flaker, don't hesitate to take a lower offer from someone else if you get a better vibe.

the worst

I have no problems answering questions, but when people ask questions that are answered in the listing I provided irritates me. How can you not read the info on a potential purchase? No wonder so many people get scammed. If you can't take the time to read a simple description I don't know what to tell ya.

I can see both sides of it man. Sometimes shoes come out of the box brand new in bad shape with major flaws. Jb quality is horrible and not all ds shoes are created equal.

If i am spending 600 on some 150 dollar shoes im going to make sure they are clean. That and sellers try to pass shoes off as new when it is obvious they have been worn around the house etc. Doing your due diligence on any side of a transaction is a good idea.

**** is annoying
Nope...best you can do is list everything you sell as a "buy it now" item and you'll see a box underneath where you put your buy it now price that says "require immediate payment" but that doesnt even work all the time...I hate when a buyer doesnt pay after they win, waste time and money, I usually just relist whenever I see fit and just cancel the payment if the previous buyer pays all late, I think ebay gives the buyer something crazy like 3-4 days to pay its so lame...

Last edited:
View media item 1020324
The LM take me back to these NBHDxBapesta I had. When in rotation they used to be my favorite everyday kicks. Big attention grabber, people always asked what they were. LM 1 white, 1 black would be the similar look.

Last edited:
Also thought this might make some people laugh.  Looked an auction on ebay where the seller removed some of the paint.  Posted this disclaimer on the auction

"P.s. I have done exactly what the shoe was designed to do so no hate mail please."

laugh.gif

I might as well chime in as well. I'd go with simple economics; supply and demand. If I was the buyer I wouldn't or shouldn't buy if I had an worries and if I were the seller I wouldn't come off like I need said person to buy when more than likely someone else will. I value my time as priceless so either position shouldn't waste their own time. In closing the only thing I've noticed is the no low ball offers which I'm sure can happen but what may not be a lowball offer to the guy making an offer could be for the seller and why he would get mad like we all are on the same page I don't know. Your sell price could easily be on the high end as a vast majority of shoes in most marketplaces are. Good day

Back
Top Bottom