Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

I agree, as I said before paying these pre order prices and spending that much cash is what's setting the resale market prices. 
Like I said above I agree I don't like the way this whole game has turned out, but the way I look at it you either adapt and evolve or you just sit and say well i'm not going to pay what they ask. If you adapt and evolve and can trade shoes towards it you got for retail, it works out to be the same, however a big pain in the @ss.

Like I said above I agree I don't like the way this whole game has turned out, but the way I look at it you either adapt and evolve or you just sit and say well i'm not going to pay what they ask. If you adapt and evolve and can trade shoes towards it you got for retail, it works out to be the same, however a big pain in the @ss.
You're right I had to adapt for the Chicago 1s by working to try a pay for a decent resale price, in the end I'm getting the Chicagos.

I agree, as I said before paying these pre order prices and spending that much cash is what's setting the resale market prices. 
Adapting and evolving means paying luxury prices for some Jordans. Sorry, but when getting some Jordans means you have to pay the price of 3-4 other releases combined, when it means only mostly wealthy people can participate, that doesn't sit well with me. And I can afford the prices myself. I could trade away some pairs or just pay straight up cash for a release like this. I just can't feel good about what that does to all other AJ1's and what it does to people who can afford $150-$200 but can't throw away $700 on a whim. There's nothing about Jordans that cost $20 to make and retail for $160 that should only allow a select few to be able to purchase them while lining the pockets of some opportunistic, get rich quick losers.

Last edited:

You're right I had to adapt for the Chicago 1s by working to try a pay for a decent resale price, in the end I'm getting the Chicagos.
Yeah I hear you, but if you can manage to get lucky on a limited release (prior to the Chicagos) you can turn that into another pair you really want. It sucks, I don't like it, but i'm not stopping it.

Adapting and evolving means paying luxury prices for some Jordans. Sorry, but when getting some Jordans means you have to pay the price of 3-4 other releases combined, when it means only mostly wealthy people can participate, that doesn't sit well with me. And I can afford the prices myself. I could trade away a bunch of pairs or just pay straight up cash for a release like this. I just can't feel good about what that does to all other AJ1's and what does to people who can afford $150-$200 but can't throw away $700 on a whim. There's nothing about Jordans that cost $20 to make and retail for $160 that should only allow a select few to be able to purchase them while lining the pockets of some opportunistic, get rich quick losers.
I hear you man, like I said I hate it came to this, but I can't wave a magic wand and make it go back to how it was. For the time being it is what it is, I don't have to trade a bunch of releases to get this, all I have to do is take a pair or two i got lucky on (doubles) and trade it toward them. I know you could probably pay resale for these, that's not what i'm saying. Everyone has their own opinions, but I am of the belief never worry about another mans pockets. 

Call me stupid or paying that price stupid, but I've spent that on a couple hands of black jack in Vegas. To each their own, I hope everyone who wants these gets these for retail!

Yeah I hear you, but if you can manage to get lucky on a limited release (prior to the Chicagos) you can turn that into another pair you really want. It sucks, I don't like it, but i'm not stopping it.
True but I'm a person who hates trading sneakers, I love all my sneakers and have stories of how I got them like my Slam Dunk 6s, Legend Blue 11s, and my Hare 7s.

What's up bruh? That all DEPENDS?! With friends like you? Who needs friends? Sometimes the best advice is no advice. Especially when it's your advice! Ughhhhhh #IMGONE #dopemovierelease2marView media item 1588423

Last edited:
What's up bruh? That all DEPENDS?! With friends like you you? Who needs friends? Sometimes the best advice is no advice. Especially when your advice! Ughhhhhh #IMGONE #dopemovierelease2mar
I want to see it but I have to work this weekend, plus I'm saving up for the Chicagos, and I don't have a girl or friends to go with.

Adapting and evolving means paying luxury prices for some Jordans. Sorry, but when getting some Jordans means you have to pay the price of 3-4 other releases combined, when it means only mostly wealthy people can participate, that doesn't sit well with me. And I can afford the prices myself. I could trade away a bunch of pairs or just pay straight up cash for a release like this. I just can't feel good about what that does to all other AJ1's and what does to people who can afford $150-$200 but can't throw away $700 on a whim. There's nothing about Jordans that cost $20 to make and retail for $160 that should only allow a select few to be able to purchase them while lining the pockets of some opportunistic, get rich quick losers.
I hear you man, like I said I hate it came to this, but I can't wave a magic wand and make it go back to how it was. For the time being it is what it is, I don't have to trade a bunch of releases to get this, all I have to do is take a pair or two i got lucky on (doubles) and trade it toward them. I know you could probably pay resale for these, that's not what i'm saying. Everyone has their own opinions, but I am of the belief never worry about another mans pockets. 

Call me stupid or paying that price stupid, but I've spent that on a couple hands of black jack in Vegas. To each their own, I hope everyone who wants these gets these for retail!
I'm not worried about another man's pockets. I think it's troubling when a company like Nike whose product is aimed at everyday people becomes on par with an Italian luxury shoe because people with deep pockets see some idiot set the price and agree to it no matter how silly that price is. It keeps getting worse, there's no end in sight to the number of dudes willing to pay $500, $700, $1,000 retail to get these types of releases before they even drop. Spend your money however you want, just recognize that when you pay 4x retail before the shoe ever drops, you're contributing to the problem and making it harder for yourself and others to obtain a pair of 1's at retail in the future.

Last edited:
I'm not worried about another man's pockets. I think it's troubling when a company like Nike whose product is aimed at everyday people becomes on par with an Italian luxury shoe because people will see some idiot set the price and agree to it. Spend your money however you want, just recognize that when you pay 4x retail before the shoe ever drops, you're contributing to the problem and making it harder for yourself and others to obtain a pair of 1's at retail in the future.
Seems like we have the same views, even though you remind me of Rukawa; you're cool in my book though, respect.  That's why I was upset in the Chicago thread about the resale price on those, half of the people who bought them, bought them to resale which irks my nerves.

Last edited:
I'm not worried about another man's pockets. I think it's troubling when a company like Nike whose product is aimed at everyday people becomes on par with an Italian luxury shoe because people with deep pockets see some idiot set the price and agree to it no matter how silly that price is. It keeps getting worse, there's no end in sight to the number of dudes willing to pay $500, $700, $1,000 retail to get these types of releases before they even drop. Spend your money however you want, just recognize that when you pay 4x retail before the shoe ever drops, you're contributing to the problem and making it harder for yourself and others to obtain a pair of 1's at retail in the future.
Yep man we agree there, it's outa hand.

I'm not worried about another man's pockets. I think it's troubling when a company like Nike whose product is aimed at everyday people becomes on par with an Italian luxury shoe because people will see some idiot set the price and agree to it. Spend your money however you want, just recognize that when you pay 4x retail before the shoe ever drops, you're contributing to the problem and making it harder for yourself and others to obtain a pair of 1's at retail in the future.

Seems like we have the same views, even though you remind me of Rukawa; you're cool in my book though, respect.  That's why I was upset in the Chicago thread about the resale price on those, half of the people who bought them, bought them to resale which irks my nerves.
Well that's the name of the game with 1's now. And this SBB release, with preorders in the $600 range, only attracts more idiots who are only buying to make that profit. And some of them I can't blame. If you make $1000 a month and can make $500 re-selling one pair of shoes, of course you're going to try to get a pair, butter up a friend of a friend, etc. But these prices are set by US, the hardcore sneaker collectors on NT and places like it. The luke warm sneaker collector or dude who doesn't even consider himself a collector isn't going to pay those prices before RD even rolls around.

Last edited:
People paying $500+ for a ****** Jordan pair of sneakers = sucker.  Sorry.  Just my opinion.  They are not worth remotely that.  I know someone will say what the market is blah blah blah.  But I just won't pay over retail for one of their poorly made shoes that is already overpriced.  

People paying $500+ for a ****** Jordan pair of sneakers = sucker.  Sorry.  Just my opinion.  They are not worth remotely that.  I know someone will say what the market is blah blah blah.  But I just won't pay over retail for one of their poorly made shoes that is already overpriced.  
Good for you brotha!

Adapting and evolving means paying luxury prices for some Jordans. Sorry, but when getting some Jordans means you have to pay the price of 3-4 other releases combined, when it means only mostly wealthy people can participate, that doesn't sit well with me. And I can afford the prices myself. I could trade away some pairs or just pay straight up cash for a release like this. I just can't feel good about what that does to all other AJ1's and what it does to people who can afford $150-$200 but can't throw away $700 on a whim. There's nothing about Jordans that cost $20 to make and retail for $160 that should only allow a select few to be able to purchase them while lining the pockets of some opportunistic, get rich quick losers.

I'm sure it doesn't sit well with the majority of us. Nowadays, the sneaker culture has evolved to a "You got to pay to play" standard. Sad, but true. If you miss your chance at a hyped general and/or limited release at retail, once they release the market takes off and only time will tell. It's almost mind-boggling that we got to resort to paying crazy guaranteed pre-order prices just to secure our pairs. However, always existed even back when you used to hit your moms and pops off with an extra $30 - $100 to stash your pairs.

At the end of the day, some of us are fortunate enough to have the ability, wise or not (entirely up to the person), to pay these prices. Others unfortunately do not or have to pick and choose. All comes down to what the individual person feels. Nike and Jordan Brand are always going to make their money and are wizards in marketing, branding, and product placement. They could produce a massive amount of pairs for everyone. Why they don't? We would never definitively know and can only assume. We can be here all day sharing opinions.

Fact of the matter is, if you don't adapt and evolve, then sadly (to your benefit or not) you have the potential to lose out on the sneaker. And if in your perspective, your okay with that, then you're straight.

Last edited:
Well that's the name of the game with 1's now. And this SBB release, with preorders in the $600 range, only attracts more idiots who are only buying to make that profit. And some of them I can't blame. If you make $1000 a month and can make $500 re-selling one pair of shoes, of course you're going to try to get a pair, butter up a friend of a friend, etc. But these prices are set by US, the hardcore sneaker collectors on NT and places like it. The luke warm sneaker collector or dude who doesn't even consider himself a collector isn't going to pay those prices before RD even rolls around.
True, even though the Chicagos were the "first" Jordan MJ played in regularly doesn't mean they're worth $400 to $600 out the gate.  I'm not in the sneaker game to make money, I'm in the game to wear and collect different types of Jordans.

At the beginning of the day, my thirst level was insane. I was going to agree to $600 pre-order. But after thinking about it some more and reading all these posts, I am going to hold off.

I think I will wait until after RD. I am putting my limit at $500 after release day on these shoes. I don't see how they can be so far above the Chicago 1's which are running around $400. I am pretty sure I will be able to find someone in my price range on FB, eBay, IG etc.

I'm sure it doesn't sit well with the majority of us. Nowadays, the sneaker culture has evolved to a "You got to pay to play" standard. Sad, but true. If you miss your chance at a hyped general and/or limited release at retail, once they release the market takes off and only time will tell. It's almost mind-boggling that we got to resort to paying crazy guaranteed pre-order prices just to secure our pairs. However, always existed even back when you used to hit your moms and pops off with an extra $30 - $100 to stash your pairs.

At the end of the day, some of us are fortunate enough to have the ability, wise or not (entirely up to the person), to pay these prices. Others unfortunately do not or have to pick and choose. All comes down to what the individual person feels. Nike and Jordan Brand are always going to make their money and are wizards in marketing, branding, and product placement. They could produce a massive amount of pairs for everyone. Why they don't? We would never definitively know and can only assume. We can be here all day sharing opinions.

Fact of the matter is, if you don't adapt and evolve, then sadly (to your benefit or not) you have the potential to lose out on the sneaker. And if in your perspective, your okay with that, then you're straight.
QFT, 100% agree. Repp'd

None, the Chicagos ARE going to be my first, then I would go after these and the Black and Whites.
Dude stop with the Chicagos until August or whatever the rumor is and go for the black & whites now before they jump up in price even more....

Dude stop with the Chicagos until August or whatever the rumor is and go for the black & whites now before they jump up in price even more....
you aint lying, within these last few months the price on those B&W 1's has jumped about 40%. I remember I saw a DS pair not too long ago for about 250 260 and now they're over 300.  I lucked out on a pair on a FB group for $160, lightly used, but still, id jumped on them now before its too late Air Saki.

Waste tons of hours researching, getting "plugs", raffles, all that nonsense to risk not getting the shoe = Not Sucker

Use the time to do more work and get paid more, then use part of the cash to fund pre-order mark up and get the shoe = Sucker

Then ok, I am a sucker

Back
Top Bottom