Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

How deal sound nt fam... Ds gamma 11s plus 60 for ds sbb1 only catch is I have to pay for shipping both ways and tip middleman so like 120 in total?

Sounds like you are in the area of $320 if you consider the price of Gammas ($200 with tax) + the $120 cash. You may be better off with straight cash (and find a local deal) if you don't want to give up the Gammas.

FWIW, I traded Gone Fishing Foams + $100 for Chicago 1s.

Dear Nike,

I know y'all are trying to go with the "all OG everything" vibe with these 1's. But you have my permission to make one change: lace the **** shoes and save me the 5+ minutes of my life that I'll never be able to get back. This isn't 2002, I'm not about to undo the factory lacing to make a checkerboard pattern over the tongue.
Fam you tripping acid? Man Nike factory laces 1s so damn tight it feels like when the seat belt in the car goes from loose to super taut choking you and **** :lol:. Besides Nike leaving it that way is better easier to put other color laces of your choice in.

Dear Nike,

I know y'all are trying to go with the "all OG everything" vibe with these 1's. But you have my permission to make one change: lace the **** shoes and save me the 5+ minutes of my life that I'll never be able to get back. This isn't 2002, I'm not about to undo the factory lacing to make a checkerboard pattern over the tongue.
Fam you tripping acid? Man Nike factory laces 1s so damn tight it feels like when the seat belt in the car goes from loose to super taut choking you and **** :lol:. Besides Nike leaving it that way is better easier to put other color laces of your choice in.

Not to mention a lot of times the laces are all tangled, which causes us to unlace/relace anyway...well at leadt I do, I'm pretty ocd about the laces being flat and not rolled up

A lot of designer shoes come with pre creases like that. JB definitely used some good leather on these. No synthentic shoe can ever crease in that manner so that's already a tell tale sign of the materials. Try getting some grape 5s to crease like that [emoji]128514[/emoji] or white infrared 6s. The disparity in materials used is absurd. With this sneaker even at resell I paid, I felt I got my money's worth but that's just me

How deal sound nt fam... Ds gamma 11s plus 60 for ds sbb1 only catch is I have to pay for shipping both ways and tip middleman so like 120 in total?
Sounds like you are in the area of $320 if you consider the price of Gammas ($200 with tax) + the $120 cash. You may be better off with straight cash (and find a local deal) if you don't want to give up the Gammas.

FWIW, I traded Gone Fishing Foams + $100 for Chicago 1s.
DS Gammas 11 aren't going for $200. Campless average DS is $305. So with $120 more, he's looking at $425, which he could find cheaper pairs.

DS Gammas 11 aren't going for $200. Campless average DS is $305. So with $120 more, he's looking at $425, which he could find cheaper pairs.

I was going by retail price, but even more reason to keep looking.

Last edited:

I was going by retail price
I know, but in trading you can't go by retail price. With that logic I could trade a pair of Pinnacle 1s for 2 pair of Frags & a pair of Yeezy Boost 350.

The guy has to fully get want his shoes are worth, not what he paid for them.

I know, but in trading you can't go by retail price. With that logic I could trade a pair of Pinnacle 1s for 2 pair of Frags & a pair of Yeezy Boost 350.

I agree with both of your statements. It also depends on how each person values the shoes. The kid I traded with didn't want to sit on his Chi 1s and prefers Foams over Jordans.

I agree with both of your statements. It also depends on how each person values the shoes. The kid I traded with didn't want to sit on his Chi 1s and prefers Foams over Jordans.
You trade was even value wise. Gone Fishing Foams are moving for around $250, plus your $100, which makes it around 350, more or less. I just bought a pair of Chi 1s for $340 shipped two days ago. So IMO, your trade was very even.

What dates do you guys have on your pairs? I'm seeing start dates of 1/14/15 and end dates 2/26/15 and 3/10/15. Does it depend on size? My bros size 11 has 2/26 and I saw the 9 with 3/10 earlier and an 8 on eBay with 3/10 also. Can any size have either date? Are there known replica dates?

What dates do you guys have on your pairs? I'm seeing start dates of 1/14/15 and end dates 2/26/15 and 3/10/15. Does it depend on size? My bros size 11 has 2/26 and I saw the 9 with 3/10 earlier and an 8 on eBay with 3/10 also. Can any size have either date? Are there known replica dates?
You know with the CHIs ... i ended up with two separate production end dates (apparently the left shoe was ready a few day earlier than the right shoe) so I am thinking size is not a variable in the production dates for JB.

Picked up my pair at 645pm today at NTNY.  I inspected the pair they took out and the black toe leather was all messed up plus some type of weird stain on the orange leather by the heel.  Asked for another pair and the 2nd one was far better with a few specs of dirt on the bottom sole.  I cleaned the sole tonight anyway with ReDeadstock (GREAT shoe cleaner btw) and it's all minty fresh now.  There were less than 20 boxes left when I arrived and asked the manager what they will do with the remaining but did not close any information.  I'm guessing they will release them tomorrow morning or just re-raffle those bad boys.  

As far as the shoe goes, super soft leather indeed.  JB really outdid themselves with this pair.  

Back
Top Bottom