Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

Did anyone else size down on these? I usually wear a size 9 in Jordans and other brands, but the 2016 Banned 1s fit a little too roomy in the toe area when I went tts. I sized down to an 8.5 and they fit perfect; I can even wear a size 8 for a glove fit.

my 11.5 banneds were crushing my big *** toes so i went with a 12 for the royals

This. Plus all the toe box issues with Royals. 

I have seen over 10 pairs of Royals and talked to many who've got both Bred and Royal and unanimously all have agreed quality is better on Breds. But hey they're equal because you say so.
Same can be said about the Banneds.

Some Banneds had more tumbled toe boxes than others, some had a darker hue than others, some had slightly more tumbled swooshes even compared from the left and right shoe.

Both have their pros and cons

Maybe quality control on royals is lower than on Breds, but it's the same materials used on both. If you got a pair of royals that didn't have qc issues, it's the same pair as Breds, just different color.
This, not to mention the Banneds had more publicity being they were heavily marketing the Anniversary for that release oppose to the Royals.

Last edited:
I think breds and royals are about the same imo in terms of quality. Both my breds and royals are very similar. Not much difference.

I am sure this may not be the right forum, but has anyone peeped the Jordan 1 Retro Hi Og (white/varsity red) scheduled to release on May 5 according to the FTL and FTA mobile app release calendars? Any idea as to what shoe it is? Any pics? 
nerd.gif
 Sorry if it's already been posted. 

Last edited:
The leather on the royals is superior to the breds IMO simply because the royal leather isn't a sponge for moisture, water beads up on the royals as opposed to soaking in the material

I am sure this may not be the right forum, but has anyone peeped the Jordan 1 Retro Hi Og (white/varsity red) scheduled to release on May 5 according to the FTL and FTA mobile app release calendars? Any idea as to what shoe it is? Any pics? :nerd:  Sorry if it's already been posted. 
Havent seen it but Im guessing it's one of those OG color blocked 1s like the UNCs or Storms blues which means money saved for me.

Havent seen it but Im guessing it's one of those OG color blocked 1s like the UNCs or Storms blues which means money saved for me.
Ah... Thanks for the reply. I noticed that they aren't on the Champs release calendar so likely will be like a lot of the past few releases where Champs was left out. 

This. Plus all the toe box issues with Royals. 

I have seen over 10 pairs of Royals and talked to many who've got both Bred and Royal and unanimously all have agreed quality is better on Breds. But hey they're equal because you say so.

i'm on board with you.

got ds breds a couple months ago and royals this past week. both were A1 quality when i got them...good amount of tumbling on both. every single panel on the breds was/is softer than the corresponding panels on my royals.

I am sure this may not be the right forum, but has anyone peeped the Jordan 1 Retro Hi Og (white/varsity red) scheduled to release on May 5 according to the FTL and FTA mobile app release calendars? Any idea as to what shoe it is? Any pics? :nerd:  Sorry if it's already been posted. 

Red Metallic's...

Quality is different with the Banned just alike the Royals. My Right toe box compared to my Left is darker shade of red on my banned. Still awaiting a pair of Royals maybe tomorrow. Hopefully? Suck money is tight.

If we are nitpicking, my Royals have good quality and QC. Matching tumble leather. However, my left pair toe box has this pleather feel (plastic leather for you youngin's).

Breds slightly > Royals for me.

In theory yea they should be same, banned & royal quality

However just holding them today, it felt like the banned had a lil more weight or something, banneds felt slightly easier to bend & fold around the ankle, toebox felt actually about the same texture, my royals felt slightly thinner in leather thickness.

Honestly

The smooth leather on the toe box of my royals on any of my smooth toe boxes on the banneds. Actually feel nothing alike

Last edited by a moderator:
Much love for both pairs.

Just sucks UPS lost my pair in transit.

Glad to have some freshly remastered Royals in my possession :smokin

Much love to both pairs for sure. Royals and b/reds.

Either way, rocking my perfect pair for a while. Even slightly tumbled leather on both.

Back
Top Bottom