Jordan Retro 3Lab5 Black/Metallic Silver DEC 31ST

View media item 739053
Definitely a different material tham my gamma labs. Wore these for the first time today and in 2 hrs I have the nastiest crease/dent I have ever seen! What type of molded leather did jb use for this release??
That sucks.. Try stuffing it to pop back the material and use blow dry to shrink back the material.. Im not too sure if its pure leather.. They def just mold the toebox.

Last edited:
Yeah. Got em stuffed now, but the sink is still there slightly. I don't want to try anything to funny because this is some funky type of material/leather. This is why on 3's and 4's I go down a full size to prevent the nasty creases. Never thought I had to do it with 5's with their new stiff pleather.

View media item 739053
Definitely a different material tham my gamma labs. Wore these for the first time today and in 2 hrs I have the nastiest crease/dent I have ever seen! What type of molded leather did jb use for this release??
Come on bro, you didn't know you had to half or full size down in 5's? That's just creasing from having too much room. Don't sweat it though. They will crease eventually regardless.

View media item 739053

WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damnnn I dont even know if I shoud even bother keeping my pair :frown: want it to rock them this weekend.

Yeah. Got em stuffed now, but the sink is still there slightly. I don't want to try anything to funny because this is some funky type of material/leather. This is why on 3's and 4's I go down a full size to prevent the nasty creases. Never thought I had to do it with 5's with their new stiff pleather.
Just try blow dry. That might help to pop it back and shrink the material.. Don't use iron . Blow dry works good with patent leather but can't hurt to try. And good luck.

My pair just came today from finishline box was ripped and my lab5 card was stolen from my box! So I got a busted box and no lab5 card smdh!  Called finishline immediately got a $25 refund and a $20 reward its bs tho!  This is the epitome of bittersweet but at the same time what can I do nothing at least I got a pair.
Unless you are

Mine finally came in. Double boxed from FNL. The Jordan box were completely whacked due to the cold. Card was in tact. Shoe is spotless. Very happy!

Got my pair today. They cool but I'm starting to think everyone who was so impressed by the quality is new to the game or something. Yes the quality is nice, but compared to Black Flips...the flips dump on these...better leather and even the insole on the flips is buttery smooth. The build on the toebox is much nicer on the flips also...been wearing my flip 3s nearly daily since they dropped and they dont have any creases or dents and practically look brand new. The 3lab5 looks nice and feels ok but you can tell around the toe box it's kinda weak.. The pic dude posted up there got me feeling like I need to wear them with caution...whereas the flips I do everything in them. I also did not find these to run big compared to other 5s like some were saying...if anything for me it's the opposite. If I would have sized down half on these I would likely be struggling to even get my foot in. 

Last edited:
Got my pair today. They cool but I'm starting to think everyone who was so impressed by the quality is new to the game or something. Yes the quality is nice, but compared to Black Flips...the flips dump on these...better leather and even the insole on the flips is buttery smooth. The build on the toebox is much nicer on the flips also...been wearing my flip 3s nearly daily since they dropped and they dont have any creases or dents and practically look brand new. The 3lab5 looks nice and feels ok but you can tell around the toe box its weak...almost like it's being supported on the inside by cardboard. The pic dude posted up there got me feeling like I need to wear them with caution...whereas the flips I do everything in them. I also did not find these to run big compared to other 5s like some were saying...if anything for me it's the opposite. If I would have sized down half on these I would likely be struggling to even get my foot in. 
Interesting :\

Got my pair today. They cool but I'm starting to think everyone who was so impressed by the quality is new to the game or something. Yes the quality is nice, but compared to Black Flips...the flips dump on these...better leather and even the insole on the flips is buttery smooth. The build on the toebox is much nicer on the flips also...been wearing my flip 3s nearly daily since they dropped and they dont have any creases or dents and practically look brand new. The 3lab5 looks nice and feels ok but you can tell around the toe box it's kinda weak.. The pic dude posted up there got me feeling like I need to wear them with caution...whereas the flips I do everything in them. I also did not find these to run big compared to other 5s like some were saying...if anything for me it's the opposite. If I would have sized down half on these I would likely be struggling to even get my foot in. 

Co-sign on the sizing. My Grapes, FR and Laneys (10.5) all fit big, but these (also 10.5) are perfect.

Honestly that's what I'd expect them to do unless you're wearing a pair that fits really tight.
I don't doubt it's the right size but I doubt your foot is filling out the shoe width wise. That material is stiff and the toe is a single piece. So it's like folding cardboard lol. Maybe try wearing double socks that should help

Honestly that's what I'd expect them to do unless you're wearing a pair that fits really tight.
I don't doubt it's the right size but I doubt your foot is filling out the shoe width wise. That material is stiff and the toe is a single piece. So it's like folding cardboard lol. Maybe try wearing double socks that should help

Actually thought the same thing. How the shoe is constructed, I figured some weird creasing, but not a DENT! Figured maybe even no creasing since I only wear my shoes at a max 5x cuz of my job, timing and huge collection

I might be able to help one person size 10.5  PM me for details that way lurkers cant get them 
happy.gif

I Been Gone For a Min But This Thread Went Left Why Ya Beefin Not That Serious

Last edited:
hearing all these nightmare stories from shipped pairs had me worried but my 11.5 came in basically flawless. paint job pitch perfect, stitching top notch, box in tact, card and paper in great form. and fnl even shipped in an oversized box enough to fit 2 pairs in which is nice because i needed one of those.

I finally received my pair on Wednesday and fell in love with the kicks. Quality is great and they look amazing. I was a little skeptical that I wasn't going to get them because they were bouncing around from different mail facilities. :smh: Also when I got the package, the seal that was on the box was completely ripped off. That led me to believe that someone opened my box. :smh: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom