Jordan VI Infrared23, Toro?

I thought this was a infrared 6 thread.... why are we talking about computers 
laugh.gif

Can't believe I passed on these thinking it was going to sit like the infrared 10s because they had a full stock run on FNL, and the next day there gone.... 
roll.gif

I pay about $150.00 for internet and Cable with comcast.... I'm a sports guy so I got HD and sports channels :pimp:

My machine's costs so far is around $750 :smokin

I'm a sport's guy myself, and we pay about $110/month I think, so upgrading is a real possibility I hope. But yeah, even though I don't know much about computers, my brother says that picking out specific computer parts and building your own is much cheaper and better in the long run if you want to keep upgrading it. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it and will definitely look into the internet, now back to regular programming so we don't start a riot lol.

since y'all been talking bout computers over here... i live in a 3rd world country with mediocre internet speed, but my 'not-so-secret weapon' is my chromebook.. damn right! no garbage in the system, no bloatware and useless stuff just chrome and the websites.. been successful with the gamma 11s, bred 1s and the infrared23s since i scrapped my old windows laptop for this cheap lil machine. all manually btw.

You guys are worrying about bots and computer modding. While I'm here at work wondering if my internet is fast enough. 789mbps download / 677mbps upload lol. I hardly miss a release.

It's an intel i5 2.5 processor with turbo boosts up to 2.9ghz not sure if that's good tho. I'm not familiar with processors and ram

my eyes are blood shot red from watching the entire  All-Star weekend and seeing these Infrared 23s on every celebrity/athlete/fans feet on tv
indifferent.gif
 they look hella good though
laugh.gif
 can't wait for my pair to arrive hopefully the the eastcoast snowstorm won't affect the projected wednesday delivery date
eyes.gif

It's an intel i5 2.5 processor with turbo boosts up to 2.9ghz not sure if that's good tho. I'm not familiar with processors and ram
 Any i5 is good. But there are 3 generations now of i5 so the newer the better. A CPU running at 2.5 can be faster than another CPU running at, say, 2.7 depending on the generation. MHZ isnt everything, IPC (instructions per clock) must also be taken into account. If two CPUs are running at 2.5 but one has higher IPC then the one with higher IPC will be faster. But any i5 is going to be fast. My PC which I custom built for gaming still has a first gen i5-750. I overclocked it to 3.7 and it still screams even though its 3 generations old. An i5, even first gen, is plenty fast.

But if there is a shoe that I really want to own and the only way to get a pair is to pay reseller price I should just pass on them. I don't think so. Yes some releases I can just take the loss but if I really want a pair of kicks I will have them one way or the other even if that means paying resell. If I can get these for retail then you can best believe I will search for the cheapest resellers price. It's just the nature of the beast nowadays

I guess I'm just different, even if I miss out on a shoe I really want, I just move on. It's not the end of the world, there's always more heat coming out.

Sorry for derrailing the thread a bit...

Anyways hope that nike announces the future release sometime soon... pretty sure it will be set for Saturday just like it happened with preludes. :nerd:

No matter what date NDC chooses to drop these on the average customer/nt member won't be getting them. The hype has skyrocketed and the supply is already limited to begin with. I hate to see guys on here getting their hopes up for a big let down.

Any i5 is good. But there are 3 generations now of i5 so the newer the better. A CPU running at 2.5 can be faster than another CPU running at, say, 2.7 depending on the generation. MHZ isnt everything, IPC (instructions per clock) must also be taken into account. If two CPUs are running at 2.5 but one has higher IPC then the one with higher IPC will be faster. But any i5 is going to be fast. My PC which I custom built for gaming still has a first gen i5-750. I overclocked it to 3.7 and it still screams even though its 3 generations old. An i5, even first gen, is plenty fast.
Repped, thanks for the info man. I'm not too familiar with laptops and before I drop 1500 on one I wanna make sure I'm getting a good product

Which hoh you went to fam? I went to PG Plaza. Got there at 5am and didn't get em. Coulda got whites tho.

Was at Wheaton Fam, my first mistake. Too many sneakerheads in that area (my hometown incidentally). NIke DC ain't even get these joints. I saw a bunch of latecomers that said they came from PG and struck out. White infras were easy to cop, i picked up 2-3 tickets and hooked up random heads that got there late. Def loafed on how limited these were. From the way they were promoted online, and coupled with the AS game, i figured they'd be somewhat easy. I shoulda just gone to Bmore son, smh.

Repped, thanks for the info man. I'm not too familiar with laptops and before I drop 1500 on one I wanna make sure I'm getting a good product
The issue with the retina macbooks is that they aren't as easily upgradable like the regular Macbook Pro. I'm going to run a dual drive using the Solid Slate Drive for software <-- todays standard for useful drives and then using the older Hark Disk Drive <--  to save my media like music and pictures.  

I'll be able to upgrade my laptop for around the same price as your stock Retina and still make changes if I like.

Check out macrumors.com for more info 

Last edited:
May wanna link the laptop.

All in all, a desktop PC is going to be faster than a similarly priced laptop. Laptops have to worry about heat and power consumption as well as space requirements. Not saying a laptop cant be fast, but, let's say you spend $1500 on a laptop vs. $1500 on a desktop or better yet on parts to build a desktop. The desktop is going to be significantly faster.

Now, we're talking about loading a website and buying a shoe, not gaming, so will the fraction of a second make a difference? Maybe. I dont know. It isnt something I ever seriously considered or looked into, but if you're getting a computer to be the fastest it can be in hoped that you click faster or your program runs faster, I would suggest you consider a desktop or better yet buying the parts and learning how to build one. It isnt hard and $1500 in parts could get you a top of the line, screaming fast machine.

I will say this, my brand new workstation in my office is noticeably slower loading websites than my custom built rig at home I'm typing on now. A laptop, even an expensive one with good hardware, may still leave you at a disadvantage.

Last edited:
Hold it right there!!! Don't drop $1500 on a Laptop.   You can build a hackintosh for about half of price that would be equivalent to a $3000 Mac Pro with an i7 core processor.   Hit me up I can give you some insight.

Back
Top Bottom