Jordan X Dark Shadow- April 2018

People have to remember that retros today have a stamped tumbled leather look. Just because it looks more tumbled than the og. that doesn't mean its actually good leather. Ask anyone with 2001-2003 retro 3s and the 2018 black cement 3; the older 3s look less tumbled but have much higher quality leather. Hell, even the black motorsport 4 looks less tumbled than the bc3 abd is way better. Dont let the 2018 pair trick you IMG_1109.JPG

People have to remember that retros today have a stamped tumbled leather look. Just because it looks more tumbled than the og. that doesn't mean its actually good leather. Ask anyone with 2001-2003 retro 3s and the 2018 black cement 3; the older 3s look less tumbled but have much higher quality leather. Hell, even the black motorsport 4 looks less tumbled than the bc3 abd is way better. Dont let the 2018 pair trick you IMG_1109.JPG

That’s what I’ve been saying all along. People be comparing leather as high quality because they see tumble leather. Peep the Air Jordan 1 thread lol

Jordan Brand slaps this so called “tumble leather” and everyone praises

Im looking at the edge of the cut not the grain. Thats the giveaway on quality when all you have is pictures

That’s what I’ve been saying all along. People be comparing leather as high quality because they see tumble leather. Peep the Air Jordan 1 thread lol

Jordan Brand slaps this so called “tumble leather” and everyone praises
And you never saw me making those comments either

People have to remember that retros today have a stamped tumbled leather look. Just because it looks more tumbled than the og. that doesn't mean its actually good leather. Ask anyone with 2001-2003 retro 3s and the 2018 black cement 3; the older 3s look less tumbled but have much higher quality leather. Hell, even the black motorsport 4 looks less tumbled than the bc3 abd is way better. Dont let the 2018 pair trick you

People think any leather thats not smooth is tumbled. The '18 Black Cements in the same class as pebbled leather. Pebbled leather isn't always tumbled (small bumpy textured pattern) They can be highly synthetic like '11 BC3s. People do the same with Banned'11. Those are distressed leather (looks of age, vintage). When I think tumbled, I go to SBB1.0, Bred Toes, '16 Breds, '17 Royals, and now '18 Shadows.

yeah its supposed to be a graphic.

Maybe not, i dont know. I think im losing my mind i guess
The originals had the standard size tag from that time. Are ya thinking the air Jordan collection tag with all the colors in it?

The originals had the standard size tag from that time. Are ya thinking the air Jordan collection tag with all the colors in it?
yeah, i remember it being on the originals somewhere because ive never copped a retro ten.

yeah, i remember it being on the originals somewhere because ive never copped a retro ten.
IDK then, the 2005 retros of 10s started doing that on the insides of the tongues. If you've never bought a retro 10 then I don't know...?

hey remember everyome getting upset about the red jumpman on the
bottom of the steel x?

lol

i bet its blue this time

not sure why they put the colorful air jordan tag on the back of the tongue on retros

IDK then, the 2005 retros of 10s started doing that on the insides of the tongues. If you've never bought a retro 10 then I don't know...?
I saw that tag well before 2005

Why would they make a retro 10 this year commemorating a tag they used on a retro 10? index.jpg
This graphic is from 1995. I dont know where it was placed but i know its not original to 2005 lol

Last edited:
I'm kinda at a loss with it also. Few years back I was close to buying a Og steel x with the toe cap from a buddy of mine. And I could've swore the graphic was on them also. I looked up several originals last night and none of them had it. They didn't come with a hang tag. Its not on the inside of the shoe anywhere. Maybe it came with apparel at that time. I believe that graphic is from 95 also but just cant picture where.

I saw that tag well before 2005

Why would they make a retro 10 this year commemorating a tag they used on a retro 10? index.jpg
This graphic is from 1995. I dont know where it was placed but i know its not original to 2005 lol

I’m pretty sure the original 10 never had that glass shattered tag and it started on the 2005 retros and so on

My OG powder do not have that tag as well

Back
Top Bottom