Jordan X Dark Shadow- April 2018

These are literally th closest retro to an OG to ever be released. By that I mean packaging, the box label and font, as well as the branding and the heel jumpmans. That sounds pretty cool to me.

Ready for these, & I can use my little sister’s 30% off on these. Been waiting on these since the CDP, I was a teen the last time they came out!

Why do they continue to use that stupid “air jordan collection” tab on the inside of the tongue? That’s not og.

heres a little which is better question to have some fun with

shadow x vs charcoal ix

althought i like the x model better id go with charcoal ix’s

shadow x vs charcoal ix

1 for 1 man...Same with the Powder Blue X’s and Powder Blue IX’s...

If anything though I’d give the X’s the slight edge since MJ axtually wore them in an NBA game...

These are literally th closest retro to an OG to ever be released. By that I mean packaging, the box label and font, as well as the branding and the heel jumpmans. That sounds pretty cool to me.
Seems like any alteration made was a slight improvement over the OG. The nubuck looks more plush, the leather bits looks premium, the shape looks good. Even the tongue looks better.

Extremely close to the OG but better without ruining the original design. This is how retros should be done.

This shoe looks gangster af

Charcoal 9s are trash compared to these. No thanks on that cement hard midsole and bright red liner and pull strap

And atleast MJ actually wore these on court

the leather bits looks premium
There is NO WAY the leather comes close to what they used in the mid-late 90s. I have OG Steel Greys, and the thickness of the leather is ABSURD. No retro 10, '05s included, has even come close.

shadow x vs charcoal ix

The OG Charcoal 9 blows these away. I love the cracked nubuck look that they and the Playoff 8s had. Passed on the 2013 pair because it didn’t have that. They do look like boots though

There is NO WAY the leather comes close to what they used in the mid-late 90s. I have OG Steel Greys, and the thickness of the leather is ABSURD. No retro 10, '05s included, has even come close.
The black panels on the OG dont look near as good as this retro.

Air-Jordan-10-Dark-Shadow-2.jpg

Air-Jordan-10-Dark-Shadow-3-681x423.png

OGs black panels look synthetic to me. You can see the white fuzz behind it. 2018s look like actual leather.

Just here to say that while the retro is one of if not the best I’ve seen from the remaster program, they melt into a puddle when compared to the originals. I recently sold my DS 1995 shadows and the craftsmanship, leather quality, and shape were all better than anything we’ve seen in probably 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom