JORDAN XI ANNIVERSARY RELEASING MAY 1 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

ALWAYS remove paper from the box. It yellows your shoes hella fast. I just use a toothbrush and scrub the bottoms with a cleaner. Some people don't recommend it for the 11's cause its a high maintenance shoe. To each their own. Maybe try water? It would be a longer process with just water though.

Originally Posted by ISGirl0119

Actually just to be honest I've had offers well over 300 or even 500. I'm just not selling them. Just saying.
So what happened to your dude? you completely cut him off from the kicks 
laugh.gif

ALWAYS remove paper from the box. It yellows your shoes hella fast. I just use a toothbrush and scrub the bottoms with a cleaner. Some people don't recommend it for the 11's cause its a high maintenance shoe. To each their own. Maybe try water? It would be a longer process with just water though.

Is this true about the paper that comes in the sneaker box?

^ dont know but that is what i hear. i dont really care since i wear all my shoes.

to the one who got 1 of 25, sell it. right now. take advantage of the hype. get paid. that shoe will never reach grail status IMO. its just hype that makes people want it. and the fact that JB (supposedly) made only 25 of them. other than that people wont go nuts over these.

False. I have shoes from 1996 that still have the paper in them, and they haven't yellowed hella fast. My 00 retros are still Icey and they still have the paper in them. It really depends more on where you keep them stored, and if you rotate them/let them breathe.

Funny to put it this way, but they're like a fine wine. Needs to be rotated every now and then. Every few months, I'll go through my collection and open each box up and rotate the shoes around so they don't sit on a side too long and get creased/absorb the paper/etc etc. It all depends on how you treat them.

XI + limited = automatic profit on resell

glad i got my pair. will break em out with cargos and a white tee/polo
pimp.gif

thanks again G.

can't wait to see what JB does with BIN XIs. itll either be
pimp.gif
or
sick.gif

but there'll be resell on them regardless
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sho3tym

Paper doesnt cause yellowing...

Cosign, all my pairs that I doubled up on that are still DS have the paper (Grape 5's, DNP and so on) and none are yellow and all have the paper.

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

pimp.gif

thanks again G.

pimp.gif
or
sick.gif

laugh.gif
XI + ... = automatic profit on resell

As Zero stated earlier, at the end of the day it’s really about where they are stored and allowing them to breathe. Damp, Bright, Dark, Humid etc. all of these factors are far greater components to the yellowing process then paper. As far as the Anniversary 11's, I would probably suggest keeping them in a cool area and to clean them at least after every wear/or other wear. The bleeding of the Jeans is another concern I would imagine for most and to address that it’s probably best to wear them with shorts as often as possible. Not telling people what to do with their pairs per say but the bleeding is inevitable IMO.

I know everyone has been asking for pics of the 1 of 25 special pairs of the Retro 11 Anniversary pair. I took some pictures, but I know the coin is kind of blurry. Just let me know if you guys want more pics.

Girls got lucky!! Congrats!!
roll.gif

Stayed up all night just for these f---in shoes, Got screwed from 3 websites, got charged with my CC for 2 pairs with no shoes..
roll.gif

What's your plan? Resell? or Keep?

i sold both my xi for 230$ didnt want over charge that much for these. glad these made someone else happy
smile.gif

My 00 retros are still Icey and they still have the paper in them. Itreally depends more on where you keep them stored, and if you rotatethem/let them breathe.

Funny to put it this way, but they'relike a fine wine. Needs to be rotated every now and then. Every fewmonths, I'll go through my collection and open each box up and rotatethe shoes around so they don't sit on a side too long and getcreased/absorb the paper/etc etc. It all depends on how you treat them.

Very True...I even wear most of my "Nike Air" retros around the house every now and then just to keep them used to the pressure on the materials...If they ever fell apart or yellowed, I would be
sick.gif

I've found 5's and 3's 11's are by far the hardest to keep from yellowing

but its really all about room temp, humidity, and light exposure...keep those things regulated and enjoy them lightly every now and then and you should have fresh looking kicks for quite some time

As for paper, Nike claims to make boxes that are like Humidors in that they are designed to keep shoes for collectors (according to "Sole Provider") in the article they mention that, "(some even keep original paper)" but no mention on yellowing from the paper...They also mention wrapping in plastic which is no-no IMO, but it also says some people store their shoes in refrigerators...
laugh.gif
...anyone try that?

pimp.gif

thanks again G.

pimp.gif
or
sick.gif

laugh.gif

I can't imagine where they're going to put that ugly stamp on the BIN XI'S
sick.gif
sick.gif

So basically the majority of you guys are saying to keep the paper in my xi's? I keep all my other paper in, but these xi's I'm hesitant on.

i copped mine on april 30th and wore them once i didnt really like the way the feel i prefer my flint grey and white 19's

I'm just saying they yellow cause I've seen it before. I know someone who kept his Space Jams in the closet with paper and its already yellow. Mine has no paper and its still fine. As for the environment thats a given. You want a cool dry, place. Like I said, its just been my experience. Just something i found that works for me. Everyone's technique is different.

No, I did not cut him off from the kicks. LOL. Right now, we want to hold on to them but if there is an opportunity out there then we might consider selling them.

Dude I have a bad feeling about my package from Eastbay. Ordered 2nd Day Air via UPS to be sent to the San Jose, CA area and UPS tracking lists it as "arrived in Oakland, CA" as of 6:56PM last night and has not moved at all. I've received enough UPS packages to know that they update their tracking information the morning it arrives. Delivery is scheduled for today, but I have a bad feeling some shady package handler might have swooped my package up...

This happened to me a few years ago when the 13/10 package dropped and my package was stolen in the mail shipped to USPS. If things go bad, I seriously might be done with Eastbay. They really need to conceal their packages a bit better and perhaps not even use their business name in the shipping label to protect their assets and packages.

Originally Posted by 310HxA

pimp.gif

thanks again G.

pimp.gif
or
sick.gif

laugh.gif

I can't imagine where they're going to put that ugly stamp on the BIN XI'S
sick.gif
sick.gif

Right where the jumpman should be.

Originally Posted by nesdude85

Dude I have a bad feeling about my package from Eastbay. Ordered 2nd Day Air via UPS to be sent to the San Jose, CA area and UPS tracking lists it as "arrived in Oakland, CA" as of 6:56PM last night and has not moved at all. I've received enough UPS packages to know that they update their tracking information the morning it arrives. Delivery is scheduled for today, but I have a bad feeling some shady package handler might have swooped my package up...

This happened to me a few years ago when the 13/10 package dropped and my package was stolen in the mail shipped to USPS. If things go bad, I seriously might be done with Eastbay. They really need to conceal their packages a bit better and perhaps not even use their business name in the shipping label to protect their assets and packages.
Sadly, these updates have become worthless.  Whether it's UPS, Fed, USPS it's still up to the human scanning (mis-scanning the packages) so there is always that element for error.  All expedited shipping means is that when they get around to actually preparing your shipment, it will arrive in that time frame.  It does not mean you will get them 2 days after you order them.  Just be patient.

Originally Posted by nesdude85

Man Eastbay is faulty with their shipping sometimes!  How's my XIs going to take take 12 days to get to Cali
mad.gif
mad.gif

Some people on the later 50 pages were asking for comparison pics of the newer XIs patent cut.  Here's my crappy Iphone pics

CDP XI - SA XI - 09 JAMS
photoyp.jpg

photobek.jpg

I like the back cut of SA XIs, but the toe is looking a little off to me

Back
Top Bottom