Jordan XII - Royalty - November 13, 2021

3A84619E-B3D0-4361-85FE-3C8DF2864C78.jpeg

F85073D2-2BA3-41AD-B2D5-C28C7A30DD1A.jpeg

Ive never been fortunate enough to have a pair of Taxis over the years. It’s that one shoe that has always eluded me. Everyone has that one shoe. The shape on these is a bit off, slight banana action going on. But with that said I’m extremely happy to have them….. even if they still aren’t quite Taxi’s.

9EF51CB0-AC1C-471E-83AF-7885573A92E3.jpeg

P.S
Its always been crazy how much of a different direction that tinker chose to go in as opposed to the XI. The XII is phenomenal , just a tank of a shoe and the exact opposite of what the XI was in my opinion.
If you read in to Tinkers words about this model, it was all on purpose. His whole goal was to go a totally different direction with the 12 from the 11. Overall he wanted the 12 to look nothing like the 11. At first view as a kid, I was like "WTF" , But when I first saw the Frozen Moment Ad, I was hooked. Games on NBC just added to the want of this shoe.
I dont know if this is fact or not, but the Jumpman Pro was rumored to be the first idea for the 12. It def looks like it leans back towards the XI. So glad it turned out how it did.

If you read in to Tinkers words about this model, it was all on purpose. His whole goal was to go a totally different direction with the 12 from the 11. Overall he wanted the 12 to look nothing like the 11. At first view as a kid, I was like "WTF" , But when I first saw the Frozen Moment Ad, I was hooked. Games on NBC just added to the want of this shoe.
I dont know if this is fact or not, but the Jumpman Pro was rumored to be the first idea for the 12. It def looks like it leans back towards the XI. So glad it turned out how it did.

Agreed the 12 is a totally different direction than the XI, but Taxi colorway is so Concord. 🔥

Frozen moment commercial is easily my favorite Jordan commercial of all time. Still remember seeing it for the first time on my parents 13” hitachi TV they had in their bedroom :lol:.

Keep it real.

What’s the leather quality on these?

Heard it’s not that great, saw some photos that tell me the same thing… what’s the truth? The leather looks meh to me in photos.

Saw a GS pair at Champs today.

I find the leather decent, but yeah, nothing special. Most of the recent 12 retros have similar quality.

Leather on the pair of Cherry 12s I have is a bit softer and obviously doesn't compare to a OG pair.

Damn, are 12s the perfect office shoes?
Maybe. These particularly are perfect for everyday wear. Black outsole, white leather upper. Easy to keep clean. Goes with just about anything you want to wear. Very simple colorway. Around this time of year, I am def a jeans and hoodie type of guy. So these are easy to wear with any color hoodie I want. I am very simple minded when it comes to fits so these are perfect for me. Too old to look cool at this point :lol: .

Keep it real.

What’s the leather quality on these?

Heard it’s not that great, saw some photos that tell me the same thing… what’s the truth? The leather looks meh to me in photos.
Leather isn’t bad isn’t the best either. I have a few pairs of the 1st retro 12’s, obviously it isn’t that, but it’s decent quality. I have no complaints.

IMO the black isn’t bad but the white laces make them look much cleaner. I know it also makes them look closer to the Taxis. Ignoring that aspect, I’d still go with the white laces personally

all in all, the shoe is clean. The gold hits well

Back
Top Bottom